Favorite Book Series

Made by Loki in Entertainment

Queen of Vultures
Administrator
1,641 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
17th January 2022, 11:32 AM

What’s everyone’s favorite book series?

I have two, Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter. They’re both very fun and interesting reads. The thing I love about Lord of the Rings is that Tolkien wrote so much history and lore for it. There so much of his work to read and really get into. It takes me forever to read the books though. Whereas with Harry Potter I can read those books so fast. I read the first one in under a day.

+1 by Varai, zenny, Tasha, and 2 others

baker
97 posts
Seen 21st August 2023
17th January 2022, 11:43 AM

lord of the rings and star wars

+1 by Loki and Damen
ee4t5432

oh.
740 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
17th January 2022, 11:43 AM

i have way too many

all for the game [the foxhole court/the raven king/the king's men], it's not widely known but i think it's extremely popular in russia. it's a really dark series that deals with trauma and abuse so it's not for the lighthearted reader. it's an amazing series with amazing characters [not including riko or any of the other moriyamas, they can die]

folk of the air [the cruel prince/the wicked king/the queen of nothing], jude duarte is by far the best female character i've ever seen in writing. this girl was bullied her whole life and brought down for being human and she doesn't let that take her down, she becomes the high king's seneschal and eventually becomes the first human queen. her relationship with cardan is disgusting at first but eventually you start to love them. he explains why he treats her as he did and they eventually fall in love and i think the enemies-to-lovers arc was carried out so beautifully. CAN WE JUST ACKNOWLEDGE HOW JUDE WOULD PRACTICE MITHRIDATISM [THE ART OF INGESTING POISON] SO SHE COULD PROTECT HERSELF?? HELLO????

literally any book in the grishaverse [shadow and bone/ruin and rising/siege and storm/six of crows/crooked kingdom/king of scars/rule of wolves] i love that series, i love the show, i just think the books are amazing. the only ones i've read through entirely are six of crows and crooked kingdom, im halfway through shadow and bone and i love them so far. wylan and jesper have my heart. the season 2 cast was just announced the other day and the actor for wylan is so perfect it looks like he came straight from the book.

+1 by Loki, DaN and , -1 by kace
You'll never silence my voice, no, I won't go.

Izuno - Mal31 - SecurityGuy - Jenna

what’re you lookin at
Master
249 posts
Seen 13th August 2023
17th January 2022, 12:09 PM

i love divergent, percy jackson, harry potter, a series of unfortunate events, and hunger games. so basically all the series i read as a kid but are still so good today. im thinking of rereading percy jackson and harry potter over the summer but who knows

+1 by Loki

Daymen
Administrator
5,165 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
17th January 2022, 01:51 PM

bakeitor wrote on 17th January 2022, 11:43 AM:

Star wars is a book series too?

Veteran
Master
5,478 posts
Seen 29th August 2023
18th January 2022, 02:01 AM

Shockingly, I am not much of a reader... however, I have enjoyed reading certain stories. None however are "series" per se, but I'll list them down below regardless, they're definitely worth a read.
  • Tuesdays with Morrie
  • The Five People You Meet in Heaven
  • The Help

^ all three of the above books also have fantastic movies associated with them!

Honorable Mention:
  • inward, by Yung Pueblo

+1 by Loki
Hi, I'm Scott.
[DSGHQ Veteran || Senior Captain || Master]

Questions, comments, concerns? Don't hesitate to message me.

baker
97 posts
Seen 21st August 2023
18th January 2022, 02:05 PM

Damen wrote on 17th January 2022, 01:51 PM:
Quote:
bakeitor wrote on 17th January 2022, 11:43 AM:
Star wars is a book series too?
have the books,but a series of books don't know

ee4t5432

DJ