30th January 2022

Loki's P3D Admin Application

Made by Loki in Applications

Queen of Vultures
Administrator
1,641 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
30th January 2022, 12:57 AM

DSGHQ has been a significant part of my life since I first joined in 2017. It became an outlet for me to get away and I have also met so many great people here. The games and community have impacted me in a way that has gotten me wanting to be a much bigger part of it. I have grown to love being a part of it even more because of Penguin3D. I think it is a game with a lot of potential to be even greater than it already is. I would like the opportunity to be a Penguin3D administrator because it would give me the ability to build on the game. Penguin3D as well as the community itself has given a lot to me and I would like to give back. By being an administrator, I would not only be able to carry out the typical tasks that are necessary such as watching over mods, writing appraisals, and helping users out with the issues that they are having with their accounts or the game, but also attempt to make the game more active by hosting fun events for prizes and being a big help to the administration team. I am constantly looking for ways to give back to the community and Penguin3D. For example, by being a forums administrator for a whole year now, I have been able to host events such as Shadows of Baraddur and photo contests to keep the forum entertaining for returning or new users. I also take the time to research lore and write wikis about the various characters that come with it. Being an administrator on Penguin3D would mean I would have the opportunity to make a bigger impact and be of more help.

Aside from this, I also love helping out users. I find it fun to help them solve their problems so they have better experiences with the game. Being a forums admin has given me a better understanding of how to do this. I would like to do the same for Penguin3D. I am very active and responsive, and always willing to put aside whatever I am doing to help those in need. I also speak a little bit of Spanish and I try to help and communicate with the Spanish users to the best of my abilities. I also use a translator when necessary. I understand the values of DSGHQ very well. This would be of great help when monitoring moderators and users, helping them, and making decisions.

Overall, I believe that being an administrator gives you the ability to do more than just keep the game safe. It allows you to make a change. I have noticed past administrators such as Sled, Zes, and Gamer make a difference in their respective roles in their own ways. Just like this, I would like to explore more ways to make a difference in my own way. I would like to make Penguin3D even more fun for users while also being able to help them anytime they need it to a greater extent than I already do as a moderator.

+1 by Pic, Zes, DaN, turquito10 and 15 others, -1 by Jdutr

shutup
Master
586 posts
Seen 24th October 2021
30th January 2022, 12:58 AM

damn this app was a whole story with character development and a climax and happy ending

10/10 i can def see u being a great admin

+1 by Pic, Loki, DaN, Varai and 3 others

livin life
Master
237 posts
Seen 21st August 2023
30th January 2022, 01:02 AM

this is so amazing!! good luck work wife <3

+1 by Loki, DaN, Zes, Varai and 2 others

¡Hola Buenas!
274 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
30th January 2022, 01:05 AM

This is a great app Loki. Good luck!

+1 by Loki, Zes, Varai, Dice and 1 other

684 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
30th January 2022, 01:13 AM

Very good application, good luck

+1 by Loki, Zes, DaN, Varai and 2 others

xoxo
Master
2,484 posts
Seen 30th July 2023
30th January 2022, 07:46 AM

GO LOKI GO!!!! GO LOKI GO!! This application is *chef’s kiss*

+1 by Dice, Loki, Flynn and DaN

CEO of Lorefiix
Master
2,037 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
30th January 2022, 08:28 AM

Sucks mate.

+1 by Flynn

Quote:
Lol and fart

baker
97 posts
Seen 21st August 2023
30th January 2022, 10:41 AM

I'm sure you'll be a great admin,good lucky. of your friend bake

+1 by Loki, Flynn and DaN
ee4t5432

Banned
1,172 posts
Seen 10th August 2023
30th January 2022, 11:13 AM

I can say you did a good job on this, since I was expecting you to mention a few things from the game which I saw in your application. You mentioned that you were Forums Administrator, which is great, and how you have contributed to the forums with wikis, events, etc. You have the experience as an Administrator, and currently even are an administrator, which is awesome. I also saw you mentioned you help out a lot of users. I've seen this with you helping Chr1s on how to play the game, which is also appreciated, as none of the applicants I've seen have done this at all, besides maybe Little. It's quite sad to see you don't really know much Spanish either, because you would really be a great help towards the Spanish community on how to learn and play the game, especially with the lore as you have a great understanding of it. I feel you should've also mentioned some encounters with Spanish users you've had in the past, considering basically all of the applicants besides you are bilingual, how are you able to counter this factor? What makes you different from them? Have you ever had a successful attempt at helping a P3D Spanish user do a certain task? Would be great to see that in your application to compare to the other applicants. Another thing I'd like to mention is that you keep saying you'd like to make a big impact and change the game, but HOW? How will you be able to change the game in a great way for both the English and Spanish communities alike, whether it be an event, or something else. From my experiences, Administrator is more than making an impact, and you should know this as well. It's about being able to be a figurehead for the community, and being able to instruct the Moderators, as I don't think there's a head Moderator. Taking on this role is a big deal, as I've noticed Rouge had to take most of the situations under her control during her time as administrator, due to basically all the other ones not being so active as other people would like them to be. Taking on this role is a huge job, and I think you'd be able to pull it off, but it's especially hard if you don't have much Spanish experience, as far as what's listed. Overall, I think you have a lot of experience in ranks, as well as currently being forums admin, which many people never got the chance to be, especially current Administrators/former ones. I wish you the best of luck!

+1 by Flynn

Off the deep end
Master
515 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
30th January 2022, 11:28 AM

Loki I think you should be admin because you have a cool name :p

First of all, I'd like to understand more about the rationale of this ban, because this is my first time seeing a vote of ban so far without knowing who was the bumpy yesterday:I'd love to share, so I can calm down my angry friends, but I'm not sure how to express it in words.I'd also like to hear from homestuck devs what are their "opinions". So thanks for taking my suggestions in the first place, but I'd love to know more.

Edit:

I think this is a good idea GBOR136

+1 by Loki, Flynn and DaN
On strike

Living life in Survival
News Reporter
263 posts
Seen 30th August 2023
30th January 2022, 11:47 AM

Nice app gl Loki!

+1 by Zes and Loki

what’re you lookin at
Master
249 posts
Seen 13th August 2023
30th January 2022, 01:13 PM

I love you loki! youd be the best admin

+1 by Loki and DaN

xoxo
Master
2,484 posts
Seen 30th July 2023
30th January 2022, 01:15 PM

Lark wrote on 30th January 2022, 11:13 AM:
I can say you did a good job on this, since I was expecting you to mention a few things from the game which I saw in your application. You mentioned that you were Forums Administrator, which is great, and how you have contributed to the forums with wikis, events, etc. You have the experience as an Administrator, and currently even are an administrator, which is awesome. I also saw you mentioned you help out a lot of users. I've seen this with you helping Chr1s on how to play the game, which is also appreciated, as none of the applicants I've seen have done this at all, besides maybe Little. It's quite sad to see you don't really know much Spanish either, because you would really be a great help towards the Spanish community on how to learn and play the game, especially with the lore as you have a great understanding of it. I feel you should've also mentioned some encounters with Spanish users you've had in the past, considering basically all of the applicants besides you are bilingual, how are you able to counter this factor? What makes you different from them? Have you ever had a successful attempt at helping a P3D Spanish user do a certain task? Would be great to see that in your application to compare to the other applicants. Another thing I'd like to mention is that you keep saying you'd like to make a big impact and change the game, but HOW? How will you be able to change the game in a great way for both the English and Spanish communities alike, whether it be an event, or something else. From my experiences, Administrator is more than making an impact, and you should know this as well. It's about being able to be a figurehead for the community, and being able to instruct the Moderators, as I don't think there's a head Moderator. Taking on this role is a big deal, as I've noticed Rouge had to take most of the situations under her control during her time as administrator, due to basically all the other ones not being so active as other people would like them to be. Taking on this role is a huge job, and I think you'd be able to pull it off, but it's especially hard if you don't have much Spanish experience, as far as what's listed. Overall, I think you have a lot of experience in ranks, as well as currently being forums admin, which many people never got the chance to be, especially current Administrators/former ones. I wish you the best of luck!
I frequently see Loki interacting with the spanish users using a translator just like Dice does, and she does it very well (:

+1 by Loki, kace, Sled and DaN

Login or join the forums to reply.