8th February 2022

Forums Mod Application

Made by isaac in Applications

i’m rigby, shut up
348 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
8th February 2022, 04:33 PM

Introduction
I don’t think there is much need for a huge introduction but if you don’t know me my name is Rigby / RigbyONE / isaac, I have been in the community for almost 9 years now, playing OldCP up till 2018 and then just being in and out until 2020 where I have slowly made my return back onto the forums. I am all the way from New Zealand, there aren’t very many kiwis here and I think my good friend Rila could vouch on that statement. Throughout the years though I have enjoyed this small community and the friendships and connections I have made while also dwindling in minor staff positions but now I think I am ready to take on the challenge of Forums Moderator, I have applied for this position before but the only difference between now and then is that I have more equipped skills and experiences as well as I have changed in personal growth too. But anyways it’s time to get on with this application.

Participation within the community
Most of my time in this community I have played OldCP, and I have been through the roller coasters that many others have faced through the years like the transition to OldCP.pw or the change to RCHQ but I have always stuck by the community, I have also had some involvement in crimezone and Game of Mods. Apart from OldCP I have also played LeoRPG, Snaildom and Snailschat (R.I.P). Since 2020 I have been on and off the forums but in 2021 I fully returned to the forums, and I am considering returning to OldCP / Penguin3D as a casual player.

Experiences within the community
I have also had some experiences with minor staff roles within the community which have helped me gain some experience for applying for this role.
Discord Moderator - Back in 2017 I had become a moderator for the OldCP discord server, although this server had been managed by Mal31 and not by Damen, this still had a very strong community presence and have many users and OldCP staff within the discord server.
Penguin Watch x2 - I have also been apart of the Penguin Watch twice, which honestly has been my most favourite experience so far. I had been apart of the PW when Kara was leader and also while Sadie was leader both being inspirations and helping me grow my experience in moderation, it also helped me feel a lot more included within the community as well as being noticed, which is something I have always struggled with in the community, but have learned to manage with.
War Knight I also remember being a War Knight, again this was a fun experience to be a part of and it felt nice to be noticed and included. I do remember gaining some experience from this but since a lot of others were War Knights it was harder to semi moderate or be in any moderator related situations. For me War Knight had a different kind of experience and it had to do with being given a responsibility and being given the opportunity to work and help contribute to the community.
Worth noting - I was also being trained to become an Imperial Knight and I had apparently become close to becoming one too, although for personal / mental reasons I had to take a hiatus the community to detox, finding out that I was a hair away from becoming a knight had sucked but I think I took it with a glass half full approach, knowing that my skill had not been left unnoticed.

Experience outside of the community
Additionally I have also had experiences outside of the community that prove to be useful.
Discord Moderator / Administrator and Owner - I have been taking on moderator jobs in a couple discord servers mostly being moderator, but I have also taken on Administrator and now Owner roles in a server that has over 1k people, which has been a fun opportunity to gain some experience while also ranking up to the point where I am an owner of such a decent sized server. I think this is worth noting because I have gained experience in my time away, experience outside of the community which I think makes me stand out, I wanted to rely on other places and platforms like discord to give me the experience I found essential.
Social Media management - I have also managed a couple social media pages, small but ones that aren’t unnoticed, this one isn’t as important but I feel like it’s worth mentioning.
JamesCP - I was also an Administrator and Co-owner for JamesCP which had many members of this community, which was a fun experience to be a part of as well as being apart of the games crimezone and helping run the game, it was an awesome experience to be apart of.
LetoCP - Additionally I was also an Owner with my friend Alicia on LetoCP, where we helped run the game and crimezone as well. We were also having a forums and community developed (with the help from Kara) but the project had
to be dropped.
What do I offer?
I like to be someone that can be chill and relatable to others at times, but I know when to put my foot down and to take responsibility and take charge and I think that is a good skill to have, I am someone who won’t let moderator get into my head too much, just enough to know when I need to be responsible, I am also someone who knows that the rules should be reinforced 24/7 but I don’t want to let that get in the way of everyone having a good experience within the community, a good experience that is aligned with the rules of course. Something also worth mentioning is that I am in New Zealand which means it’s a different timezone which also means being able to be on when other staff members are asleep or at school/college etc. I am able to fill up certain time slots that some staff might be just to busy to get on top of. Another thing I offer is just a good attitude and good ideas, I am generally a happy person but I know when to take responsibility and to step up and step into the role and I also know when to call out on inappropriate actions and events, I also like to provide ideas and my own input which sometimes a staff input is needed to make decisions and ideas to help benefit the community and I know I could be that person. My last thing worth noting is that I have been in the community since November 2013, next year I’ll be coming up at 10 years which really its crazy, and I would really like to help make somewhat of a name for myself so what I also offer is just myself, to be given the opportunity that I have never been able to get in the past, with each and every application I have submitted I have also grown and gained experience and I feel like now, I am fully equipped and ready to take on such a responsibility that looking back now, I don’t think I could’ve handled.

Conclusion / Final Words
I would like to thank the community for the contribution it’s had on my life as well as kindling a lot of experiences that have helped me grow more into a person and more into this role, I do hope that I am considered this time for the role, I feel mentally and physically ready for such a role, and if given the chance I will not let the admins, Damen, fellow moderators and members of the community down and be at the best of my abilities.

If there are any questions I will happily take them and if you are able to spread the word I would be very grateful but of course there is no pressure, noticing this application is more than enough.

Thank you.

+1 by Flame, Olivia, Ras, zenny and 7 others
rigby
professional slay

good guy doll
79 posts
Seen 7th April 2023
8th February 2022, 05:48 PM

girl this is a good app omg hope u get in

+1 by isaac and Flynn

i’m rigby, shut up
348 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
8th February 2022, 06:46 PM

VirtualBoy wrote on 8th February 2022, 05:48 PM:
THANK YOU SO MUCH!

+1 by Olivia and Flynn
rigby
professional slay

good guy doll
79 posts
Seen 7th April 2023
8th February 2022, 07:20 PM

JustRigby wrote on 8th February 2022, 06:46 PM:
Quote:
VirtualBoy wrote on 8th February 2022, 05:48 PM:
THANK YOU SO MUCH!
I MANIFEST UR ACCEPTANCE IN THE POWER OF JIAFEI

+1 by Flynn and isaac

Living life in Survival
News Reporter
263 posts
Seen 30th August 2023
8th February 2022, 08:54 PM

nice app

+1 by isaac

i’m rigby, shut up
348 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
8th February 2022, 10:27 PM

TheComedian wrote on 8th February 2022, 08:54 PM:
nice app
thank you!

+1 by Flynn
rigby
professional slay

83 posts
Seen 23rd August 2023
12th February 2022, 02:23 AM

i can vouch.

+1 by isaac and Scott
rila

i’m rigby, shut up
348 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
12th February 2022, 04:39 PM

Rila wrote on 12th February 2022, 02:23 AM:
i can vouch.
we have a voucher right here ?

+1 by Rila
rigby
professional slay

Veteran
Master
5,478 posts
Seen 29th August 2023
17th February 2022, 01:23 AM

Hello, hello!
I'd just like to make a quick comment here... your application is fantastic. I can see that you took your time on it, and you explained everything seamlessly. Personally, I sincerely believe you would make a fantastic addition to the DSGHQ staff. You have impeccable grammar, spelling, and punctuation. All three of those are vital components for any staff member to have.

I would also like to add that it truly does warm my heart that you included your Penguin Watch experience. Back when OldCP was more active, I believe the Penguin Watch was very important in teaching all users who had the opportunity to grow within the watch, vital attributes and skills. As you also stated, I'm very happy to hear that the Penguin Watch made you feel welcome within the community, as well as noticed... that was always one of my biggest goals as Senior Captain. Thank you for including that piece of information within your application, I am beyond content that your experience within the Penguin Watch was nothing far from good. G'luck! ^_^

+1 by isaac
Hi, I'm Scott.
[DSGHQ Veteran || Senior Captain || Master]

Questions, comments, concerns? Don't hesitate to message me.

i’m rigby, shut up
348 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
17th February 2022, 02:29 AM

sarabareille wrote on 17th February 2022, 01:23 AM:
Hello, hello!
I'd just like to make a quick comment here... your application is fantastic. I can see that you took your time on it, and you explained everything seamlessly. Personally, I sincerely believe you would make a fantastic addition to the DSGHQ staff. You have impeccable grammar, spelling, and punctuation. All three of those are vital components for any staff member to have.
I would also like to add that it truly does warm my heart that you included your Penguin Watch experience. Back when OldCP was more active, I believe the Penguin Watch was very important in teaching all users who had the opportunity to grow within the watch, vital attributes and skills. As you also stated, I'm very happy to hear that the Penguin Watch made you feel welcome within the community, as well as noticed... that was always one of my biggest goals as Senior Captain. Thank you for including that piece of information within your application, I am beyond content that your experience within the Penguin Watch was nothing far from good. G'luck!
Thank you so much, and you are very welcome! Penguin Watch has definitely been one of my favourite experiences while being in this community and I’m so grateful to have been a part of such an awesome experience! :)

+1 by Scott
rigby
professional slay

Login or join the forums to reply.