1st March 2022

Edge of Night: Episode 8

Made by Loki in Shows

Queen of Vultures
Administrator
1,641 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
1st March 2022, 12:39 PM

In GNZ-11, Zes is busy trying to cook breakfast. He opens the refrigerator and sees a variety of foods like eggs, bacon, sausage, pancake mix, steak, all kinds of stuff. He knows how to make none of these things.

Zes: Maaaaan, why can't Manwe keep his refrigerator stocked with stuff normal people eat?

Zes digs further into the refrigerator. In the back he finds a box. He pulls the box out. Hes delighted to see this box.

Zes: Finally! Something I can make! Pizza pops!

Zes preheats the oven and puts the pizza pops in. He sets the timer and takes a nap for awhile. When he wakes up, there is a strong smell of something burning.

Zes: Oh no! My pizza pops!

Zes opens the oven and finds that the pizza pops are a little on the dark side. He decides that its good enough for Little and her mom to eat for breakfast, he'll just say they're a new variety. Crispy pizza pops! And so he brings the food out to the dining area where Little and her mother are waiting. Its 8 AM.

Zes: Here you ladies are. Hope you enjoy this fine breakfast.
Zes serves the pizza pops.
Little: Zes... They're burnt.
Zes: They're not burnt, they're crispy!
Little: No, they're burnt.
Zes: Shut up.
Varda: Don't talk to my daughter that way!
Zes: I'm sorry most beautiful one, I will never tell Little to shut up again, even though she should.
Little: Don't you have toilets to clean or something?
Zes: Ah.. haha... yes. Yes I do.
Little: Then go clean them.
Zes leaves the room. Little is now alone with her mother.
Varda: Little, I want you to keep in mind that I love you-
Little: I love you too mom!
Varda: But, I hope thats not the boy you want to marry.
Little: What?
Varda: He seems very rude and hes too lame of a person for you to date.
Little: Mom...
Varda: Not that lame people can't be good people...
Little: Mom, I'm not dating him! I don't want to marry Zes!
Varda: Oh, oh good. What a relief. Who is it that you were talking about inviting here though?
Little blushes slightly.
Little: I don't think you'll approve...
Varda: Sweetie, I will give any male suitor of yours a chance.
Little: Then dad definitely won't approve....
Varda: Tell me who it is, I can try to talk your father into giving him a chance.
Little: Its... Khamul...
Varda: The nazgul??
Little: Yes...
Varda: Oh dear...

On the secret island, Amir, Loki, Lord Law, Tasha, and Pic are sitting down to a fine supper of fresh caught fish. The meal is delicious, of course. A shadowy figure watches them from the darkness of the trees, no one notices the person.

Pic: So Lord Law, how did you meet Tasha?
Tasha: Pic, you already know how I met Lord La- Lord Law elbows Tasha under the table Lord Love.
Pic: I know, but I want to hear it from him.
Tasha looks annoyed.
Lord Law: Darling, you don't have to be annoyed. Our story is rather unromantic. Tasha came down to Mandos Law to hire a lawyer for her mother. I was working on another case and just assumed that it was an ugly old hag that came down needing legal advice about her cats, but when I looked up, I saw a goddess! There she was, standing in the dark light, appearing to glow. Of course, the glow was just her beauty. She looked to be on fire. And she was on fire, she set my heart ablaze.
Tasha is shocked, she's speechless. But she's also convinced Lord Law was making it all up.
Pic: Wow... that's so beautiful...
Loki: Amazing. Tasha, you've got yourself a good man.
Pic: ...he thought she was an old hag at first.... And somehow, its still more romantic than the sour grapefruit story.
Loki (mumbling): It was romantic, he said it romantically.
Amir: Pickleslover, you're just jealous. I can set you up with someone if you want.
Loki: She already has a man she likes. Its-
Pic: Loki! Shut up!
Loki whispers the name to Amir. Amir laughs.
Amir: So I see you have a thing for birds too.
Pic: I do not! Hes not even a bird!
Tasha: Oh yes he is! Hes a cardinal!
Pic: Again, not a real bird!
Lord Law: Not physically, no. But his title says otherwise.
Everyone starts arguing and teasing each other.
Pic: I will push you all down a hill!
The shadowy figure comes out of the brush unnoticed. The person pulls back a bowstring, everyone goes quiet upon hearing the sound.
Shadowy Figure: I think I can take care of that for you...

Back in the mainland, Eiven has taken Danito to see Damen. Damen's son is there. Damen has called it "take your son to work month" but really, he just couldn't find a sitter since Chelsey left him.

Eiven: Emperor, Danito from the jail is here to speak with you.
Damen: On what business?
Eiven: Jail business!
Damen: Pay attention Major, this is how you deal with lowly jail business. What appears to be going on down at the jail, Jailer?
Danito: There is a huge scandal in the making.
Damen: What? Are the prisoners dissatisfied with their corn mush again?
Danito: They always are. But that's not why I'm here.
Damen: What is it then? Speak!
Danito: Well, the other day there was a riot and a jail break.
Damen: So what? All the prisoners were accounted for, were they not?
Danito: Kind of. There was the correct number there. But two of the prisoners had escaped and kidnapped two innocent civilians to take their place. The two civilians work for the Penguin Times, they plan on exposing the poor management of the jail.
Damen: That is grave news, but there is a simple fix. Release the two civilians.
Danito: We can't, they now claim that they are guilty of the crime the other two committed to maintain their cover.
Damen: Then capture the two escapees.
Danito: We can't. We believe they left the country.
Damen: Which two prisoners escaped? They can't be so clever that you can't find them.
Danito: Lokoth and Pic.
Damen: Crap. They can be that clever then... So what do you propose we do Danito?
Danito: I'm not sure. That's why I came to you.
Everyone is silent, thinking.
Major: I think I have an idea.
Everyone looks shocked that Major has an idea. Damen is secretly doubtful that it's a good idea.
Damen: Speak it then, son.
Major: Easy, we cater two these two civilians. Make it seem like our jail is the best and most humane jail. We must see them immediately. All of us.
Eiven: I think the handsome prince is on to something.
Damen: Stop flirting with my son. You're not marrying into my family.

Dice is walking down the main street of town. Suddenly, he is assaulted by Ayancito the master assassin! Dice doesn't recognize Ayancito. The two fight, Dice is losing. Hes not a skilled assassin like Ayancito. Luckily for Dice, Bakeitor steps in. Bakeitor and Ayancito fight, Dice watches from beside the coffee shop. Ayancito runs from the fight.

Bakeitor: Dice, are you okay?
Dice: I am. I've been through worse in the 297 plane crashes I've caused.
Bakeitor: Oh, I see.
Dice: I lost my sour gummy worms in the fight though.
Bakeitor: I'm sorry to hear that. I'm sure you can buy more.
Dice (sadly): These were imported from Dorval. They were blessed gummy worms.
Bakeitor: It'll be okay. Hey look, here's the package.
Bakeitor picks up the packet of gummy worms. Its torn open but the contents are somehow still clean and safe.
Dice: They're alive!!
Sure enough the gummy worms were wiggling. Bakeitor is grossed out.
Bakeitor: Alright, well, cya Dice. I have an assassin to catch!

+1 by Tasha, Varai, , SecurityGuy and 7 others

News Reporter
4,301 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
1st March 2022, 03:14 PM

my hero!

+1 by DaN, bake and Loki

livin life
Master
237 posts
Seen 21st August 2023
1st March 2022, 05:58 PM