20th March 2022

stage 3 FGOM [just for fun]

Made by zenny in Forum Games

oh.
740 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
20th March 2022, 07:48 PM

Image is not mine and is edited to encapsulate my visualization of the characters and the scene, as it comes directly from my WIP. This is not an actual submission.

----

For a summer evening, it was chilly but Alaine thought nothing of it. Rather, she drew her night robe more securely around herself and strode forward, halting behind the person who was already leant over the marbled edge of the balcony. The grounds were alive with the remnants of the party, and the stragglers were dancing jovially below. It was a while before one of them spoke, since neither knew how to address the other after what had occurred between them.

''I've never liked the sky, you know?''

It was quiet, nothing more than a hoarse mumble, but she had heard it. He did not wait for her to reply before continuing with, ''It's a place without regulation, without order. It serves as a constant reminder of the freedom I've never experienced.''

Asren turned and, in doing so, allowed her to see the bags which rimmed his green eyes, their sclera flecked with red splotches. He appeared disheveled, and she felt a twinge of guilt knowing it was her fault. Alaine quirked an eyebrow in a silent urge for him to continue.

''You taught me that freedom is defined by choice rather than fate, that the stars exist to guide us rather than admonish us. You taught me how to be my own person, not just a puppet to be used or an object to be cast aside without second thought. What he,'' He swallowed heavily, ''What I allowed to happen was inexcusable. I allowed myself to be blinded by influence and for that, I am sorry.''

Alaine didn't answer him straightaway. She stood there gazing at him critically, as though searching for evidence of treachery or deceit. She inched closer to him, her expression unreadable. For a moment Asren was afraid she was going to yell at him or leave, but then, in one fluid movement, her arms were wrapped around him in a tight embrace.

''For a moment, I thought the universe had failed me.'' She whispered into his chest, a tear falling from her eye. ''I was worried I had lost you to the darkness.''

He rested his chin upon her head and closed his eyes. ''I was worried too.''

+1 by DaN, Tasha, , SecurityGuy and 1 other
You'll never silence my voice, no, I won't go.

Izuno - Mal31 - SecurityGuy - Jenna

Login or join the forums to reply.