28th April 2022

Edge of Night: Episode 14

Made by Loki in Shows

Queen of Vultures
Administrator
1,641 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
28th April 2022, 03:57 PM

Back at the jail Danito and Foxel have a new idea for stopping Zen's exposition story.

Foxel: Danito, I've been thinking. I don't think your plan with the Emperor is the way to go anymore. I think what we really want is no press coverage.
Danito: I'm not sure. Good press coverage would be good for us. People think jails are so dark and musty and damp.
Foxel: Its too late to get Zen to change her view of this jail. Her friend died here.
Danito: That wasn't our fault.
Foxel: It was our fault.
Danito: How so?
Foxel: If the guards would have been doing their jobs properly, Dice never would have brought those poison gummy worms to the cell. Prisoners aren't supposed to get sweets anyway!
Danito: What do you propose we do? Throw Dice in jail? The emperor has already cleared him of all murder charges.
Foxel: We can't throw Dice in jail. But here's what we can do. Its really simple. We kill Zen.

In GNZ, the dinner has become awkward. Eonwe is acting strangely emotional, hes not the kind to become weepy over small things or large things for that matter.

Eonwe (crying): Don't talk about my make up Little! Its not my fault that its not waterproof! You'd think make up brands would make something that doesn't run for such emotional occasions!
Manwe: Great! Now you've made my banner bearer cry. You should be ashamed of yourself.
Little: I'm sorry! I didn't know you'd get emotional over my mother letting me raise a star.
Zes: I'm not surprised, she likes making men cry. Look what she did to Pythas.
Manwe: We don't speak of that man in this household. Go scour some pots Zes. This is a FAMILY matter.
Zes: I want to see how this goes down!
Manwe: Go!
Little: Don't cry, Eonwe. We can fix your makeup. What kind do you have here?
Eonwe pulls out his small makeup bag that Ilmare lent him. Little looks at the brand. She gasps and drops it. Varda comes to take a look. She is also shocked.
Varda: Eonwe... Did you know this makeup is a product of the Black City?
Eonwe (sniffling): No... I just liked how red it was.
Varda: This looks like its been enchanted with some kind of dark magic.
Little (barely audible): Its actually the one Doom sent me after I left evil...

The plane has finally landed just outside of the Black City Gates. Two uruks were waiting there with a stretcher for the wounded passenger. They bring Loki into Baraddur to see Dr. Silence. Amir and Tasha go with her. Pic and Lord Law are tasked with returning the airplane to the airfield. Chase has been placed in the custody of an orc who takes him to Cirith Ungol.

Silence is examining the wound.
Silence: How long as she been unconscious for?
Amir and Tasha glance at each other.
Amir: I guess I don't know.
Tasha: She was talking to me before we landed, but I don't know about after that.
Silence: She'll likely need a blood transfusion... Who tried to pull out the arrow?
Amir: I did.
Silence: Thought you would have known better than to try that.
Amir: As my wife would say, excuse me?
Silence: This arrow is lodged in the bone.
Tasha: How do you know that?
Silence: As a doctor, I can tell just by the location. But for an unlearned person such as yourself and your father, you can tell because you cannot move the arrow.
Silence gently tries to move the arrow. It does not move.
Silence: See?
Tasha attempts to wiggle the arrow as well and cannot.
Loki: Ow! Do you mind??
Tasha and Amir jump. Silence is not surprised, he reaches for a cloth and a bottle of something.
Tasha: Sorry!
Amir: When did you wake up?
Loki: Apparently just now!
Silence: This is going to require surgery.
Loki: Nope. I'm leaving.
Silence: I'd like to see you try.
Loki attempts to get up, Silence chloroforms her.
Silence: I wasn't serious.
Silence grabs his surgical equipment from a table.
Silence: You two better go, I don't think the girl can handle watching surgery.
Tasha does look as though she might faint.
Amir: Let me know when you're done?
Silence: Of course.
Amir and Tasha leave the room.

Lord Law and Pic have parked the airplane back in its hangar. They were sharing an awkward silence as they don't really know each other very well.

Lord Law: Does Tasha ever talk about me?
Pic: Hm... No, not really.
Lord Law: Oh...
Pic: Why should she? Isn't it all just a ruse?
Lord Law: A ruse?
Pic: Yeah, to fool Loki and Amir so Tasha doesn't have to have an arraigned marriage?
Lord Law looks slightly relieved.
Lord Law: How did you know?
Pic: I'm great at reading people. See that goblin girl over there?
Lord Law: What about her?
Pic: I could tell you her whole life story right now just by looking at her.
Lord Law: Do tell.
Pic: She comes from a poor background. Her father has been away at war most of her life and her mother is a chef in the Baraddur kitchens. She goes to Goblin School during the day and at night she helps her mom prepare the evening meal for the Uruks.
Lord Law: That's very interesting but its all wrong.
Pic: What? How would you know.
Lord Law: That alleged goblin girl over there is actually a boy. He's a distant relative of the old Snake King, thus the green tinted skin. He mostly hangs around begging for money in the market.
Pic: I think you're making that up.
Lord Law: I'm not. I've defended him before in court.
Pic: That takes all the fun out of the game.
Lord Law: Well, here we are at Baraddur. Shall we go up and see whats going on?
Pic nods. The two of them enter the tower together.

Somewhere on Arda, Miro is rushing to find Tasha before Pythas can. The only problem is that he has no idea where to look. Luckily he had given himself plenty of time to look for her by getting Pythas drunk. He asked himself 'if I were Tasha, where would I be?' So first he stopped off at a nail salon. He didn't see her there but decided to stop and get his nails done anyway. Besides, maybe he'd hear rumor of her while he was in there.

Rouge: What can I do for you today Miro? The usual sharpening and painting?
Miro: Yes, I think that would be great. Except I'd like a darker shade of green for my nails this time. That light color did not work out well. It was too feminine.
Rouge: We have just the color for you, 'Goblin God Green'.
Miro: Sounds like it was made just for me.
Rouge: I believe it was. One of my employees is a Goblin fan.
Miro looks around at all the ladies working there.
Miro: Which one is it?
Rouge: He's not here right now!
Miro: He?
Rouge: Alright, I'll tell you. It's Drogoth.
Miro: Drogoth is a goblin fan?!
Rouge: Yes, he is quite enthusiastic about them. He likes to kill them and eat their meat.
Miro: I didn't come here to gossip about Drogoth. I came here to find out if anyone knows where Tasha might be.
Rouge: Last I heard she was going out to no one knows where to be with her mother. That was awhile ago though. A plane returned today though. Maybe she was on it?
Miro: Thanks, I'll check around Das for her then after we're done with my manicure.

+1 by Varai, Miromeski, Dice, Flynn and 6 others

livin life
Master
237 posts
Seen 21st August 2023
28th April 2022, 10:24 PM

still waiting for when i push you and tasha down a hill ?

+1 by Loki and Varai

oh.
740 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
29th April 2022, 07:12 AM

I DONT WANT TO DIE?

+1 by Loki
You'll never silence my voice, no, I won't go.

Izuno - Mal31 - SecurityGuy - Jenna

baker
97 posts
Seen 21st August 2023
29th April 2022, 09:41 AM

eh... it's pretty cool

+1 by Loki
ee4t5432

Login or join the forums to reply.