4th May 2022

The Main Issues of P3D

Made by Zack TV in Cool Stuff

Ya Daddy.
Banned
1,046 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
4th May 2022, 05:53 PM

This is from a technical stand-point, as in how the game itself operates.. not the community

Movement/Combat
P3D has albeit tanky controls and very unhelpful directional facing. To try to represent this, think of the Penguin model as a heavy tree log that has its own "weight" (virtual weight) that it carries.
To fix this, I would make the weight of the Pm (Player Model) lighter, perhaps 9-10 times lighter. This would allow for swifter combat, swifter movement, and the ability to move in place easier.

For the next idea, I noticed that P3d's fighting is quite drab; and there sadly isn't a very good way to fix that. Unless Damen were to add an entirely new combat system, which would.. probably be a good idea.

(p3d was created within something like 10 days? or something? and it's been 3 years since then.. we could use it)

How would Damen go about tweaking the fighting system, you may have asked?

For this, I propose adding different attacks (preferably ones you could "hotkey" to certain free keys on your keyboard.. that's a lot of "keys" in one sentence)

This would create a sort of combat initiation, where combat feels more about deciding which attacks to use and how to use them properly; instead of Combat coming down to "Whoever has the best engine strength w i n s"

Updated Strength System

For the Strength system, I'd like to see p3d open up a bit. Perhaps strength can be gathered from working out in gyms across the island or cutting down trees with an ax.

The Strength system should also have different layers, where reaching certain levels of strength improve on more than just attack powah. Maybe if you get enough strength and enough force you can even use special abilities.
Improving on the already grind-esque system of the game, different Strength levels containing abilities that one systematically unlocks (rather than CZ unlocks) would allow for more variety in gameplay and fighters.

And now for the most horrific part of this post..

My Proposal to Remove Guns Entirely

Guns are lame and OP, most of the fun of p3d comes from sword to sword combat anyhow. I propose we remove GUNS in favor of a new system..

The Dojo/Elemental System

P3d has a lot of elemental-themed things within it, such as the "Fire Nation", and the several abilities which allow you some control over mostly Fire.
However, with the addition of more and more Elemental shenanigans, I propose that Dojo also include having an NPC whose ability is to teach and train players in different elements.

But wait Zack, isn't that just a rip off of Club Penguin : Card Jitsu???

Yes, and no. I'd like the DOJO system to also be able to teach Force and basic fighting skills. This would solve the player dependency on CZ entirely, and allow for more CZ to be based on the player's actions instead.

Here are some "ideas" of what I mean.

From the vendor NPC (basically a merchant in nerd speak) you will be able to learn one of four branches; (Fire,Water,Snow,Earth) depending on the one you chose you will be able to learn the entirety of that element's ability tree.

To contrast the Elemental Vendor Npc's, Dojo's or.. schools? (The name doesn't matter) will teach you how to use basic Force abilities for a price.. oh yeah, this all costs money, as P3d usually does.

I'd say a 50 gold payment to be able to learn the entirety of a skillset, like the entirety of Fire. (Though these would be only BASIC fire abilities, with CZ dealing with more extreme variances)

An example of these Basic Force Abilities would be like, pushing, basic lightning, and stuff of the sort.

The Skill tree of the force dojo's would most likely have to teach new custom Force abilities as.. we're lacking in really much variance.

The Elemental system would require more time, and progression than the Force Skill tree.

End - Movement/Combat

Crime Zone Fixes

This may be a controversial idea, but I really enjoy it when CZ feels fair and steadfast.. not the entirety of hell raining onto you all at once. I think CZ should be taken down a few steps, and be more casual and less god v god insane death battles every week.

Like what happened to Pirates n'all that? they just vanished?

I think CZ needs to give us a break from all the doom and gloom end of the world stuff, and just let us have an ERA of calm; like we did the Pirates, Shinobi, and such..

(* Shinobi is possibly not a good example, as they did turn out to be run by Pythas.. but- but it was fun until they RUINED IT!!!!!)

Ending notes

The shield was a good step, now implement dual-wielding and I'll call it even.

-Zack

"Abso • lutely not a Pe • do"!

684 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
4th May 2022, 06:15 PM

As owner of a military I do agree guns are way too strong, if you own land and a military you're literally untouchable to magic users because they die in like 5 shots (There is a type of missile that does around 5000 damage) And I'm not even talking about tanks

+1 by Zack TV, Loki, Flynn, Miromeski and 1 other

Living life in Survival
News Reporter
263 posts
Seen 30th August 2023
4th May 2022, 08:39 PM

Good Ideas Wilf, I also agree we should have a totally new strength system also like shields are useless because they can't block many things and fighting in first person is very difficult with one

+1 by Zack TV and Brit

Ya Daddy.
Banned
1,046 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
4th May 2022, 08:47 PM

TheComedian wrote on 4th May 2022, 08:39 PM:
Good Ideas Wilf, I also agree we should have a totally new strength system also like shields are useless because they can't block many things and fighting in first person is very difficult with one

Thank you mate, shields are a bit impractical nowadays- someone proposed a "FORCE SHIELD" once, which I find extremely interesting.

+1 by Flynn
"Abso • lutely not a Pe • do"!

Living life in Survival
News Reporter
263 posts
Seen 30th August 2023
4th May 2022, 09:04 PM

wizle wrote on 4th May 2022, 08:47 PM:
Quote:
TheComedian wrote on 4th May 2022, 08:39 PM:
Thank you mate, shields are a bit impractical nowadays- someone proposed a "FORCE SHIELD" once, which I find extremely interesting.
oh yeah that was a great idea if Im not wrong to block guns and sabers

Login or join the forums to reply.