15th October 2022

Strength update

Made by Damen in Penguin3D

Daymen
Administrator
5,165 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
15th October 2022, 05:42 PM

Sorry to update the strength system again but it came to my attention that many users have harvested over 100k strength which will make users a bit too OP, so I've decided on a new 'set point' system.

This system means that you have a point where your strength becomes unstable. This is based on your health and force potential.

When you go over your set point, strength becomes unstable and declines very slowly until it reaches the set point- meaning that when you're above that point you have to train harder to keep those gains.

This I think will re-balance the long term strength system.

The only issue is if it happens too fast and people loose too much too soon, that will need to be fixed

+1 by Miromeski, Ari, Dice, Flame and 7 others

178 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
15th October 2022, 06:32 PM

Meditation is like getting stronger by being lazy so why not add missions to make it more interesting?
For example:
- Find a random item scattered around the map
- Forge a random weapon/armor
- Mine "x" number of ores/crystals
- Catch "x" number of fish
- Kill "x" number of mobs (ranging from spiders to ogres or worse)
- Complete the Aircourse with a specific aircraft
- etc

+1 by Sananns, Varai, Mirrikh and Flynn

OldCP Administrator
Master
233 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
15th October 2022, 07:15 PM

Damen wrote on 15th October 2022, 05:42 PM:
Sorry to update the strength system again but it came to my attention that many users have harvested over 100k strength which will make users a bit too OP, so I've decided on a new 'set point' system.
This system means that you have a point where your strength becomes unstable. This is based on your health and force potential.
When you go over your set point, strength becomes unstable and declines very slowly until it reaches the set point- meaning that when you're above that point you have to train harder to keep those gains.
This I think will re-balance the long term strength system.
The only issue is if it happens too fast and people loose too much too soon, that will need to be fixed

I lost 600 strength when I died the other day and 2000 just by being offline for a few hours.

+1 by Mirrikh

STAZHAND
News Reporter
68 posts
Seen 27th August 2023
15th October 2022, 10:49 PM

i lost 60k os Strength nd 30k of force

+1 by Mirrikh

Menace to Society
Banned
288 posts
Seen 27th May 2023
16th October 2022, 10:12 AM

This seems over the top, players being too OP seems to be a hh/health potential issue rather than a strength one. It wouldn't matter if you had above 60k strength since your health would only increase by like 50 if you got lets say another 20k s

I know it sounds funny but a person with 200 hh will absolutely mollywhop someone with 150 hh if they are on an even fighting ground. The health scaling is ridiculous with strength.

And also don't forget this has another side effect:

I can say with confidence a lot of evils will continue random killing even more after this so they can keep up with their force potential and s... and people will be complaining.

Overall idk if this was necessary, maybe if we had some quests for evils, neutrals, and lights that we could complete daily, that would give us s or fulfill some sort of "training meter" so we don't fall behind, that'd be cool

+1 by Mercer, Stoneclash and Karl
Own a musket for home defense, since that's what the founding fathers intended. Four ruffians break into my house. "What the devil?" As I grab my powdered wig and Kentucky rifle. Blow a golf ball sized hole through the first man, he's dead on the spot. Draw my pistol on the second man, miss him entirely because it's smoothbore and nails the neighbors dog. I have to resort to the cannon mounted at the top of the stairs loaded with grape shot, "Tally ho lads" the grape shot shreds two men in the blast, the sound and extra shrapnel set off car alarms. Fix bayonet and charge the last terrified rapscallion. He Bleeds out waiting on the police to arrive since triangular bayonet wounds are impossible to stitch up. Just as the founding fathers intended.

Donec mors nos separaveri
1,013 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
16th October 2022, 10:16 AM

How about instead of trying to make it so that every person has more or less the same strength/health, you add more methods to actually farm strength? Then those "left behind" can catch up.

+1 by Mirrikh, Karl and Flynn

Queen of Vultures
Administrator
1,641 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
16th October 2022, 01:58 PM

I like this idea, though I think that /s may still be draining a little fast. I also think that there should be more ways to gain force potential since this is likely going to lead to people doing more random killing. It's really discouraging if you are a new or weak user and you get killed a lot just because someone wants to bring up their force potential.

Also, is there a way we can figure out our set points?

+1 by Mirrikh, Varai, Karl and Flynn

Login or join the forums to reply.