12th December 2022

A Trip into the Forest

Made by Loki in Entertainment

Queen of Vultures
Administrator
1,641 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
12th December 2022, 01:21 AM

It was another sunny day in the land of Das. Three of the cutest children would secretly meet up again. It had been some time since their last meeting on a small far off island. This meeting was not fate. Rather, it was prearranged. Little Luna had written it in the stars that they were all to meet in the Forest of Lucre.

Kutya saw the message in the stars and took it as a sign from Varda that she was to go to Lucre and aid in some project in that land. Loki had not seen the stars, but the witches had and one of them summoned her from the Nursery of Doom to come to the forest for the day. And so the three met on the sandy shoreline. They were all overjoyed to be reunited again!

Though the meeting was not fate, what happened next was.

It looked abnormally dark in the forest. Kutya took Luna’s hand and Loki’s wing and the three walked into the forest together. As the walked further into the forest, the temperature steadily grew colder and colder and the light became less and less. It became so cold that they began to shiver. And it became so dark that they could hardly see in front of them.

The children wandered blindly in the cold darkness until they reached a clearing. In that clearing was an old witch stirring a pot over a fire.

“Are you going to cook us?” Luna asked, her voice shaking in fear.

“Don’t be silly Luna, witches don’t cook children!” Loki chirped, hurrying up to get warm by the fire. But oddly, the fire provided no heat.

“Hello children,” creaked the old witch, continuing to stir her pot. In the pot was some deep purple concoction that appeared to be rather smooth. “It has been a long time since I have had any visitors.”

Little Kutya cautiously looked over the scene. She seemed to be intrigued. “You are not from our realm, are you?”

The old witch smiled softly at Kutya, “No, I am not.”

“But what are you then?”

“I am just what I am.”

The three children looked at the old witch confused.

“I am an old witch, stirring a magical pot. My potion is that which bends time and space. Sometimes I am here. Sometimes I am there,” the witch gestured vaguely around her. “But always I am stirring my pot. I am moved by fate to appear to those who fate chooses. And today you are my victims.”

The three children looked at each other nervously, were they about to be killed?

“No, I am not here to kill you,” smiled the old witch, appearing to read their minds. “But you must come and look into my potion or you will never leave this place.”

Luna, Kutya, and Loki exchanged nervous glances a final time before they each circled around the cauldron. In it, each one was shown a different thing.

Looking into the potion, Little Luna was shown her brief time in the Nursery of Doom. She cried when she was forced to leave her vulture friend behind. She turned away from the pot, sobbing.

Little Loki was shown a beautiful dark wedding ceremony where a witch married the Black Captain. Realizing this was her future, Loki gasped and turned away.

Little Kutya was shown images of both scenes. She felt sorrow for Luna and joy for Loki. Watching the two scenes conclude, she turned and wiped a tear away from her eye.

The witch gave the children a few moments to reflect upon what they had seen before speaking again. “After you leave this forest, none of you will remember what you saw in the pot. Yet you will all still leave with something of value.”

To Luna the old witch said, “while your entire identity has been forgotten, you will never truly forget those whom you have loved and those who have loved you. Love. It is your gift and you will always know it, even when the world feels full of hate.”

To Loki the old witch said, “while the present is dark and filled with pain, your future will not be. There will be ups and downs but always there will be a source of light. For you, you will always have hope.”

Lastly, the old witch turned to Kutya, “while the world grows more chaotic, you will always see beyond the labels of good and evil. You feel compassion for all. Thus, you will have great wisdom and many will look to you for advice. Do not doubt in yourself, always trust in your heart.”

With that, the witch sent them on their way.

The children did not speak as they left the forest, each one was deep in thought about what they had seen. They wondered if what the witch had said could be true.

They reached the edge of the forest in silence. Exchanging a last glance at each other, they stepped out into the light together. Any doubts about what the witch had said were immediately forgotten. In fact, they could not remember a thing about the witch or what they had experienced.

“Odd…” whispered Loki, feeling a feeling which she had never felt before. The feeling of hope.

“What is odd?” asked Kutya, looking at her vulture friend, concerned.

“I don’t know. I can’t explain it.”

“Come! Let’s play for awhile before we all get split up again!” said Luna, kicking sand at her friends.

The three ran along the beach and made sand castles once again, except for Loki who made an elaborate sand nest as she only had wings and cannot sculpt with sand. A girl named Pic even came along and joined them until she became interested in watching a red bird called a cardinal, which she followed as it flew away from the beach.

Kutya, Luna, and Loki played until sunset and then they all fell asleep in the cozy sand nest until they were found by their various guardians and brought back to their homes.

+1 by Miromeski, Varai and Pic, -1 by Nook

xoxo
Master
2,484 posts
Seen 30th July 2023
12th December 2022, 07:14 AM

Who’s idea was it to go in the dark? Wth
I love how Pic made a cameo in this one

+1 by Loki and Pic

Queen of Vultures
Administrator
1,641 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
12th December 2022, 12:06 PM

Littlemix wrote on 12th December 2022, 07:14 AM:
The forest called to them with it’s eerie darkness! That and Kutya lead the way since she was a forest girl.

+1 by Varai

livin life
Master
237 posts
Seen 21st August 2023
12th December 2022, 05:53 PM

Littlemix wrote on 12th December 2022, 07:14 AM:
i know im amazing like that

+1 by Loki and Varai

skaaa