2nd January 2023

Edge of Night: Episode 27

Made by Loki in Shows

Queen of Vultures
Administrator
1,641 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
2nd January 2023, 12:19 AM

In the South, Dice and Bakeitor have joined in the manhunt for Ayancito. They must find him before any others do as Ayancito will be killed right away for murdering Eiven. Bakeitor decides the first stop they should make is at the Pet Shop.

Dice: Uh... Bakeitor, I don't think Ayancito is hiding in here.
Bakeitor: I know.
Dice: Isn't this a waste of time?
Bakeitor looks at all the different dogs in the Pet Shop.
Dice: Petting dogs doesn't help us find Ayancito.
Bakeitor: No, it doesn't.
Dice: So why are you doing it?
Bakeitor: Because this bloodhound might just lead us right to him.
Bakeitor takes a dog and lets it smell an old handkerchief of Ayancito's. The dog starts pulling at its leash.
Bakeitor: The dog has the scent. Off we go then!
The two leave the pet shop, the dog leading the way.

Back at the jail, Foxel and Danito are panicking since Arona has escaped and their plan to murder Zen has failed.

Foxel: How could you have let Arona escape?
Danito: It was your plan. I didn't want to do it!
Foxel: She didn't even succeed in murdering Zen. She could reveal everything when she wakes up.
Danito: What are we going to do? I don't want to go to jail! It's bad enough that I have to work here!
Foxel: I know what we will do. We will just make sure Zen never wakes up...
Danito: I am not getting involved in another attempt on Zen's life. I want no part of this.
Foxel: No, hear me out. You're just as doomed as me if she publishes anything.
Danito: Not if I turn myself in!
Foxel: It will be my word against yours. Who are they going to listen to? A simple jailer or a warden?
Danito: Fine. What is your plan?
Foxel: Its simple. I'll have my uncle kill her.

On Achto, Little has left Nova Cave to speak with Nook since he is still upset. Glarthir thinks this is a bad idea but she does it anyway. Little finds Nook at the peak of the mountain, staring at the sun.

Little: You will go blind if you look at the sun for too long!
Nook (upset): That is fine. There is nothing left for me to see anyway.
Little: But you need to see if you ever wish to be a builder.
Nook: I'm never going to be a builder. I can't even build sand castles or snowmen. That and I'm too short!
Little: You're short because you're young. You can't build sand castles or snowmen because you are inexperienced. Someday, you can be a builder.
Nook: That's easy for you to say. You're grown and you are going to be a shepherd of stars.
Little: That is true but I do not know how to shepherd stars, just like you do not know how to build.
Nook: So what? It is your inheritance and you know your mother will teach you!
Little: She would not have to teach me if she did not want to. She has Ilmare, who knows everything there is to know about caring for stars. Nook, what I'm saying is we all start knowing nothing but every day we grow and learn. Someday you will be able to craft more than simple snowmen and sand castles. Someday you will be able to construct great things. Just show you are willing to learn and that you refuse to give up and I'm sure that Aule will let you be his apprentice.
Nook: Do you really think so?
Little: Yes. Think about it Nook.
Little gets up to back to Nova Cave.
Nook: You will have a family someday. But it will not be with one whom you expect.
Little: Thank you, Nook.

In Baraddur, the scene continues. Pythas has ordered Cyrus to throw Eonwe out of the tower window. Cyrus goes to grab Eonwe but Manwe steps between them. A fight breaks out between Manwe and the nazgul. Varda pulls Eonwe out of the room.

Eonwe (agitated): Manwe isn't going to hurt Pythas, right?
Varda (soothingly): No, of course not. Now here, drink this.
Varda hands Eonwe the potion she and Little had made in GNZ.
Eonwe: I should be fighting at Pythas' side, proving my devotion to him!
Eonwe drinks the potion.
Eonwe: What the?
Eonwe feels unwell. He takes a few staggering steps before passing out. Varda catches him. Slowly, Eonwe comes to again.

Inside the room, Pythas has gotten the upper hand in the fight and has captured Manwe.
Pythas: Alright, throw eagle man out of the window. Lets see if his precious birds come to his rescue now.
Eonwe enters back into the room, Varda behind him.
Eonwe: Not on my watch!
Eonwe pulls his sword. The battle starts again, this time just between Pythas and Eonwe, the rest of the nazgul stand watching the epic battle.
Amir (quietly to Loki): Lets take this opportunity to get out of here.
Amir, Loki, Tasha, Pic, and Lord Law edge their way to the door and leave the room.
Pic: Thanks for almost getting me killed!
Loki: You're welcome.
Pic: It was sarcasm.
Amir: I can kill you if you're disappointed you didn't die.
Pic: I am leaving you people!
Tasha: But where will you go?
Pic: Somewhere where I don't have to deal with an insane vulture woman and her rude ass husband.
Amir: Then go! I'm not stopping you. Go run to Orlock.
Pic: Fine! I will!
Pic storms off.
Lord Law: I'll go get her. We should stick together until we're out of this mess. Pythas will likely be searching for us again after hes done battling with Eonwe.
Zes comes running behind the group.
Zes (desperate, shouting): Take me with you!!!

+1 by Varai, DaN, Foxel, Flynn and 5 others, -1 by Lex

oh.
740 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
2nd January 2023, 01:15 PM

I DO NOT WANT TO DIE

+1 by Loki
You'll never silence my voice, no, I won't go.

Izuno - Mal31 - SecurityGuy - Jenna

livin life
Master
237 posts
Seen 21st August 2023
2nd January 2023, 02:38 PM

dear loki i will gladly push u off a cliff love pic

+1 by Loki

baker
97 posts
Seen 21st August 2023
9th January 2023, 06:23 AM