A letter

Made by Dancebear in Cool Stuff

Veteran
Master
927 posts
Seen 28th August 2023
6th January 2023, 05:30 PM

Dear DSGHQ community,

I am writing on my behalf and for the Shapiro Discord Server who have requested for me to make this official statement for the group:

There have been discussions that came up about the famous Shapiro Server. Some people like the server, and some are completely against it. There are multiple “OGs” of DSGHQ that frequently interact in the Shapiro server on discord. I, for one am one of those people. I have been active on Shapiro for about 4 years now, but does that necessarily mean I’m a threat to the community? Absolutely not. I’m sure there is a reputation following some people in the group involving problems that have occurred in the past and rules being broken. But I don’t think that reflects who I am as a person with who I interact with if I’m loyal to myself and my beliefs. I think there’s quite a few people in Shapiro that can also relate to that statement. A lot of us have joined the server to stay in touch with everybody. In your defense, I will say that if someone from Shapiro decides to break the community rules, that’s entirely on them, but it should not reflect the entire group. There’s a lot of great past members in that server that shared a lot of memories in the past decade. A lot of us joined in 2013-2014, which is crazy to think about since we’re approaching 10 years. It’s also crazy how we’ve all been friends for so long because of this game that we’ve all could’ve randomly found while scrolling the internet.

In summary, we’re not all bad. I think the statement that was released earlier from a user was taken out of proportion. There are some interesting characters in Shapiro, I’m sure you can figure out who they are but there’s some that you could get along with easily.

Have a great evening and cheers to 2023,
DanceBear

+1 by Sled, rouge, zenny, bashysmelly and 4 others, -1 by Wheeler

Close Friends

- Abushekaus, The PCC Crew, Malorie, Harrison, Zeshan -

graphic designer
3,098 posts
Seen 30th August 2023
6th January 2023, 05:37 PM

This is a great statement and I can tell you as a staff member I don’t hold anyone but the person who breaks a rule accountable for their actions…if I said anything In the past I apologize and was under a lot of pressure that broke me. I hate to see any drama on the forums as we are all just here to have a good time and discuss stuff. Although I am not part of Shapiro as I have moved away from much of the community due to being busy in real life I can say it’s nice to see familiar faces and I am glad to hear a lot of you have kept in touch through the server.

+1 by Dancebear, zenny and Flame

The Guy From Boston
Master
1,779 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
6th January 2023, 05:42 PM

VERY GOOD POST!

+1 by Dancebear

269 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
6th January 2023, 05:50 PM

I recall an incident that occurred 5 years ago in which three of my valued friends (one of which being you) cut me off for not standing up to toxicity and not making an effort to encourage people to behave better with others.

I'm not saying being in the chat itself is bad, but to come here and make a statement that contradicts (valid) advice you gave me all those years ago is very peculiar to me.

With that being said, I don't think any less of you and I'm glad to see you again. I just don't think this post should've been made.

+1 by EpicAnimatorGuy, Sled, Cariti, Loki and 1 other
Adam

shutup
Master
586 posts
Seen 24th October 2021
6th January 2023, 06:00 PM

karo my dawg wats poppin

+1 by Dancebear

CEO of Lorefiix
Master
2,037 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
6th January 2023, 06:00 PM

If you aint shot nobody then shut up. That's a lyric from Digga d BTW, it means nothing, I just have nothing to say.

+1 by Wheeler, -1 by Hashir and bakon

Quote:
Lol and fart

jdg
1,404 posts
Seen 10th August 2023
6th January 2023, 06:32 PM

Wheeler wrote on 6th January 2023, 05:50 PM:
I recall an incident that occurred 5 years ago in which three of my valued friends (one of which being you) cut me off for not standing up to toxicity and not making an effort to encourage people to behave better with others.
I'm not saying being in the chat itself is bad, but to come here and make a statement that contradicts (valid) advice you gave me all those years ago is very peculiar to me.
With that being said, I don't think any less of you and I'm glad to see you again. I just don't think this post should've been made.

C:

+1 by Hashir, -1 by SecurityGuy
  • "Behind this mask there is more than just flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea... and ideas are bulletproof." -V

269 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
6th January 2023, 06:46 PM

PeTaLL wrote on 6th January 2023, 06:32 PM:
also i'm sure people who cut u off had their reasons

As if you could possibly be sure of anything involving an incident in which you weren't remotely a part of LOL

+1 by Cariti, EpicAnimatorGuy and Loki, -1 by yeat
Adam

Veteran
Master
927 posts
Seen 28th August 2023
6th January 2023, 09:27 PM

Wheeler wrote on 6th January 2023, 05:50 PM:

Hi Adam,

5 years is a really long time ago. I can't actively recall what happened that day but I'm sure we can talk about it if you wanted to reach out. If something bothered you that I did back in the day, I'm definitely sorry about it I wasn't really mature back then. But if you wanted to connect again I'd love to catch up!

DanceBear

+1 by Sled and yeat

Close Friends

- Abushekaus, The PCC Crew, Malorie, Harrison, Zeshan -

178 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
6th January 2023, 09:36 PM

DanceBear wrote on 6th January 2023, 05:30 PM:
famous Shapiro Server
haven't heard of it lol
maybe it's for my own good

Login or join the forums to reply.