9th January 2023

Edge of Night: Episode 28

Made by Loki in Shows

Queen of Vultures
Administrator
1,641 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
9th January 2023, 12:32 AM

In AchTo, an eagle as arrived bringing news from far away. Glarthir, Nook, and Little have all gathered around it to hear what it has to say. Due to Nook's vision, they are all very nervous.

Little: Did something happen to Manwe?
Eagle: No... Is he here?
Little: He is here on Arda but he is not here.
Glarthir: If it is not of Manwe, then what news do you bring, eagle?
Eagle: It is quite tragic.
Little: Oh no! Did something happen to Eonwe?
Eagle: No.
Little: Is it my mother? Did something happen to her?
Eagle: No! Now if you would just listen, I could tell you the news.
Everyone stares at Little, she looks down at her feet.
Eagle: I have been sent to inform you all that Eiven has been assassinated.
Nook (disbelief): What?
Glarthir: Impossible!
Little: How-how did it happen?
Eagle: He was poisoned.... from licking envelops for the Emperor.
Little: Emperor Damen poisoned him?
Eagle: No, but he could just as well have. Ayancito is believed to be the assassin. Now the forest wishes to go to war with the South. Licking envelopes.... it is not a thing an Ardi Grandmaster should be doing.
Glarthir: The forest has said nothing of this to me. Did it say anything to you, brother?
Nook: It has not.
Eagle: That matters not. War is to start after Eiven's funeral, which is to be tomorrow afternoon. Be prepared!
The eagle takes off, leaving the three in disbelief.

In Baraddur, Lord Law has gone off after Pic, meanwhile Amir, Loki, and Tasha decide on where they should go, along with Zes who has just joined the group.

Loki: Zes, what are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be in jail for attempted kidnapping or something?
Zes: No, that was you who did that. I was framed and sent to space to serve Little as her servant. Which was horrible, thanks for asking!
Loki: Hey you got off easy compared to me and Pic.
Zes: Yes, so easy considering you've been running free the whole time.
Loki: We haven't been free the whole time.
Zes: Oh really?
Loki: Really!
Tasha: I had to break them out of jail!
Zes: Must be nice not having to be someone's servant and scrub toilets every day and then being locked up in a room by yourself at night because someone's father thinks you're trying to marry their daughter.
Amir (thoughtfully): My wife and I could use a good servant...
Zes glares at Amir. They hear a violent noise coming from the tower that they had just left.
Tasha: Uh where are we going to go? I don't care to be thrown out of a window and neither does Pic.
Zes (annoyed at Amir): Why don't you all just fly away?
Amir (malevolently): I'm not going to fly away when I've just found myself a house cleaner.
Loki (rubbing her shoulder): I can't fly anyway, not with this wound. Some of us haven't been living on luxury planets.
Zes: The only luxury was LEAVING.
Tasha: Hello? You're not the ones who could end up KILLED.
Loki: Right. Well the last place I would look for us would be back in Silence's office.
Tasha: What about Lord Law and Pic?
Zes: They can fend for themselves. I don't want to go back to GNZ. Manwe might be mad at me... I did bring his servant here...
Amir: Impressive. I didn't think you had it in you to come up with such a cunning plan.
They go off back to Silence's office.

Lord Law has caught up with Pic.

Lord Law: Pic! Wait!
Pic (growling): What do you want?
Lord Law: Where are you going?
Pic: Away from them!
Lord Law: Terrible plan.
Pic: Whatever. I didn't ask you to come.
Lord Law: Pic, don't go. Please?
Pic: What does it matter to you if I go?
Lord Law: It doesn't. I just don't want to have to draw up legal papers and a death certificate for you when you're inevitably captured.
Pic: You would choose me over doing legal paperwork?
Lord Law: I would... But only for Tasha's sake.
Pic: Fine. I feel bad for Tasha anyway. It wouldn't be right leaving her with two mentally deranged people.

Meanwhile in the tower, Pythas and Eonwe are locked in battle. Birds of all kinds have flocked to the tower to watch the battle. The vultures circle hoping for someone to fall out and go splat on the ground. The eagles circle waiting for something to happen. Suddenly, something does happen! Three people jump from the window and the eagles catch them. They carry Eonwe, Manwe, and Varda off to their aircraft. Pythas shouts in anger, he had been close to winning the fight and having both Eonwe and Manwe captured. For now, he has forgotten about Tasha as he starts to plot revenge on Manwe.

In the hospital, Zen is still unconscious. Foxel has hired his uncle to go murder her. Flame approaches a door marked 'Zen's Room'.

Flame: Ahh... Zen's room... This will be easy.
Flame enters the room. Zen is hooked up to several things.
Flame: Well, well, well. If it isn't the little news reporter. Soon you'll be in the news yourself. Don't worry, you're not important enough to be on the front page. Especially considering that the Emperor Helper has bit the dust before you. He died in royal company. But you, you are all alone. You will die alone.
Flame pulls a dagger from his belt.
Flame: You know, I've always loved to murder people. I guess I got that tendency from my father.
Unknown Voice: Your father? Melkor? Ha! He made the orcs and uruks to do his bidding. He only ever killed one man himself.
Flame (nervous): How would you know? You've never met him!
Unknown Voice: Neither have you. He abandoned you and your mother the moment you were born.
Flame: Step out of the shadows. I would love to murder you before I murder this girl here.
Flame waits several moments for the voice to speak again but it does not. He advances on Zen. His dagger clutched firmly in his hand.
Flame: Looks like you will die alone after all.
Flame moves to stab her. But suddenly he is attacked from behind, stabbed in the back. Flame's body falls to the floor. The owner of the unknown voice is a man, he remains unknown as he seemingly vanishes from the room. In the bed, Zen starts to stir.

+1 by SecurityGuy, teig, bake, Varai and 5 others, -1 by Lex

oh.
740 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
9th January 2023, 02:27 PM

yay me

+1 by Loki, -1 by Lex
You'll never silence my voice, no, I won't go.

Izuno - Mal31 - SecurityGuy - Jenna

livin life
Master
237 posts
Seen 21st August 2023
9th January 2023, 10:21 PM

why am i growling

+1 by Loki

Queen of Vultures
Administrator
1,641 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
9th January 2023, 10:40 PM

pickleslover wrote on 9th January 2023, 10:21 PM:
why am i growling
It is a way of saying things when you’re mad. Unless you want to be a furry?

-1 by Lex

Login or join the forums to reply.