12th January 2023

Blanco's new design

Made by Anja in Arts

Queen of the Divan
Master
1,336 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
12th January 2023, 06:49 PM

I am guilty of focusing on drawing only one of my characters and not showing enough love for my others. This is my character Blanco, whose real name is Julian Picolit. Yeah. White wine. He's a mod from 1969 who had created his own time machine in a wristwatch and goes on adventures through time with a woman from 1999 that I draw too often. This is his disguise, of course. His first ever design was created for a contest before I came up with any name or story so it didn't really reflect either of those things later on. This new design incorporates a lot more white and pale gold. I gave him a new outfit that is reminiscent of the faux-Regency era outfits that Adam Ant wore in the 80s because he's a bit of a dandy. Also some very obvious design influence drawn from Harlequin and playing card suits. I'm unsure if even this design will stick around but I'm getting somewhere.

Edit: I think I'll go back to making his mask silver and gold. It's supposed to be a half mask here like the phantom of the opera but I chose a bad angle to show the new design and it looks like he's wearing a Batman mask. I don't think this dark grey really conveys the fact that half of his face is robotic.

+1 by teig, turquito10, Loki, Mirrikh and 2 others

Alatar
1,164 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
13th January 2023, 12:44 PM

awesome

+1 by Anja

Login or join the forums to reply.