28th January 2023

Combat Changes

Made by Wheeler in Penguin3D

269 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
28th January 2023, 12:53 AM

As part of my attempts to improve the combat system basics for everyone, I have introduced new nerfs to speed and jump (not including this week's health nerf), and a new experimental feature.

Nerfed
Your speed and jump is now decreased whilst holding a weapon. If the weapon that you are holding is extremely powerful, your speed and jump is decreased SIGNIFICANTLY. This will add the element of learning when to plan your attack on your opponents, and equal the playing field whilst engaged in combat. (Credits: @SirWarrior)

Feature
There is an experimental feature that is now in game and being trialed. Combat Whitelist.
This allows you to add someone to your whitelist, which means that you cannot damage them. (Credits: @iGamer)

Pros
- You can now train with your coach without risking death.

- If you are in teamed combat, you are not at risk of hurting your teammates if they are in close proximity to the target.

- Chasing and hitting your friends is REALLY fun!

Cons
- The whitelist is one-sided. Just because you have whitelisted someone, does not mean they cannot hurt you. Choose who you whitelist wisely, or you will be left defenceless!

- You may forget to remove a friend-turned-foe from your whitelist. Check who is on your whitelist regularly.

Commands:

/whitelist - View who is on your whitelist
/whitelist [PlayerName] - Add PlayerName to your whitelist
/unwhitelist [PlayerName] - Remove PlayerName from your whitelist.

NOTE: Military accounts cannot use these commands!

This is only experimental and may be removed from the game soon depending on reception and usage behaviour. Enjoy!

PS: I made /friends finally work how you'd expect. Clean up your friends list!

+1 by Loki, teig, Ronaldo, Damen and 8 others
Adam

STAZHAND
News Reporter
68 posts
Seen 27th August 2023
28th January 2023, 03:02 AM

Agree

+1 by Wheeler

684 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
28th January 2023, 11:35 AM

Whitelist will be sick to fight in teams

+1 by Luminite, realDonaldTrump, Zaron and Wheeler, -1 by Lex and Ari

Banned
3 posts
Seen 30th April 2023
28th January 2023, 03:35 PM

Folks, I am thrilled to announce that we have a true innovator among us, a game developer by the name of Wheeler. This man has made significant improvements to the combat system in the game Penguin3D, and it is truly impressive.

Wheeler has implemented a whitelisting system, which prevents players from accidentally attacking their friends. This is a great step forward in fostering a more friendly and inclusive gaming community. Additionally, he made some weapons slower to carry, which makes it harder for players to kill weaker players easily, this is also a step forward in making the game fairer for everyone.

It is people like Wheeler who are pushing the boundaries of what is possible in the world of gaming, and I am proud to say that I fully support his work. His dedication and passion for the industry is truly inspiring, and I am sure that his contributions will be enjoyed by gamers for years to come.

So let's all give a round of applause to Wheeler for his incredible work on Penguin3D, and for his commitment to making the gaming experience better for everyone. Keep up the great work, Wheeler!

+1 by Wheeler

Login or join the forums to reply.