20th March 2023

Edge of Night: Episode 32

Made by Loki in Shows

Queen of Vultures
Administrator
1,641 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
20th March 2023, 01:22 AM

On Das, Loki and Amir are plotting how they can best turn the situation with Eiven being dead in their favor.

Loki: I could send a few of my vultures to the South and they could feast on his body.
Tasha: Ew.
Amir: No, I don't think that'll do anything but make them angry at the vulture race again.
Loki: True... I don't need any more of my subjects being needlessly killed.
Amir: This information is valuable... If we pass it along to Pythas, maybe he will forget all about Tasha.
Tasha: I like the sound of that idea!
Loki (sighs): That is likely the best plan.
Amir: But?
Loki: It feels a little anti-climatic.
Amir: You don't want to live here with Silence antagonizing you for the rest of your life do you?
Loki: Pfft, he's just a pathetic mortal. I'll outlive him by far.
Amir: I wouldn't be too sure of that. Pythas has given him a nazgul ring.
Tasha (surprised): What? I thought that was a wedding band!
Amir: Are you interested in dating the black doctor?
Tasha (blushing): N-no. I've said before, Lord Law is my only love. He is my... Lord Love...
Lord Law (suddenly appearing): Did I hear correctly? My girlfriend has said my name?
Tasha (still embarrassed): Yes, Lord Love. I have missed you.
--Lord Law and Tasha hug. Lord Law attempts to kiss her but she quickly pulls away.--
Amir: Lord Law, do me a favor and summon Pythas down here.
Lord Law: Why? Aren't we hiding from him?
Amir: Not anymore.

Meanwhile, Pic has finished drawing on Zes's new eyebrows. Half of him looks angry and the other half looks confused.
Silence: Hey! There is no need to look at me so angrily young man!
Zes: What?
Silence: Just calm down!
Zes: I'm not not calm!
Silence: You were ugly before Pic broke your nose, you know! It's not my fault that you look even worse now! I'm going to go get you a sedative! You look dangerous.
Zes: I- what!?
Pic (smoothly appearing): Zes, what happened to your face?
Zes: Are you dumb? You broke my nose.
Pic: I don't mean your nose!
--Pic walks away. Zes looks in a mirror--
Zes (shouting): PIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIC!

In the forest in the South, Little has picked out her own spot to camp. She has purposefully picked out a spot far from her father and everyone else. Varda is mad at Manwe since he upset their daughter. Glarthir and Nook stay near to their grandfather. Eonwe camps out near to Little, making it his personal duty to keep her safe.

Little (annoyed): You know, just because I'm no longer crying doesn't mean I don't want to be alone.
Eonwe: Someone must make sure you don't get killed or kidnapped. There is an assassin on the loose.
Little: I doubt my father would care if I got killed or kidnapped.
Eonwe: I assure you, my lady, he would care very much.
Little: Can't you see? He doesn't care about me at all! All he's done since I returned is criticize me.
Eonwe: Not to offend you or anything, but it was a rather poor decision to invite a nazgul into his home without his permission.
Little: You're taking his side?
Eonwe: No, not entirely. The rest of his behaviour has been uncalled for. But he is only so harsh because he cares about you.
Little: I highly doubt that.
Eonwe: Little, he spoke often of you and very highly of you before you returned. He's proud of you, but he still worries that the shadow of evil will fall upon you as it almost did when you were hunted by Melkor when you were an infant. He still sees you as the child he left behind on Arda.
Little: That was years ago!
Eonwe: It was, but in the minds of the ainur, it seems like it was only just months ago. You are very young by their standards. Now sleep, there may be war tomorrow and you need to be ready for it.
Little: Goodnight, Eonwe.
Eonwe: Goodnight, Little.

In the South, Kara, Dice, and Bakeitor are returning to thrones with Ayancito. They have finally captured the master assassin. Kara is leading the way as they bring him before the Emperor. It is a very epic entrance as she pushes both doors open.

Kara (triumphantly): We have captured the assassin!
Damen: You have!?
--Kara steps aside, leaving Ayancito to stand in the center of the room. He looks nervous.--
Damen: You have! Dice, Bakeitor, you are both dismissed.
Bakeitor: But sir, don't you need someone to guard you in case he attacks?
Damen: That is what Lady Kara is here for.
--Dice and Bakeitor leave the room.--
Damen: So Ayancito... What happened to our deal? I ordered you to kill one person, and one person only. But it appears that you have failed to kill him.
Ayancito: Your check bounced... sir.
Kara (drawing her sword): Let me kill him right here for you, Damen.
--Damen waves Kara off so that she does not kill Ayancito.--
Damen: I did not write you a check. The deal was that I would free you if you assassinated Dice. You are free and yet Dice remains alive and my helper is dead. Why is that?
Ayancito: Because I answer to a higher power than you!
Damen: And what higher power is there in this land than me?
Ayancito: DOOM!
Damen: So you bow to a ghost, do you?
--Ayancito spits at Damen's feet.--
Damen: Then perhaps you would like to become a ghost yourself. Kara, summon the guards and witnesses.
--Kara summons the guards and some witnesses.--
Damen: By the order of me, Emperor Damen Drake, I hereby sentence Ayancito Makato to death for the murder of Eiven Realhawk. He will die tomorrow afternoon, after Eiven's funeral.
Ayancito: You can't do this! You hired me to assassinate Dice!
--There is a gasp from the crowd. Dice and Bakeitor exchange a look.--
Damen: Preposterous! That is a weak lie, even for you Ayancito! Take him away boys! Remove him from my sight!
--Ayancito is dragged from the room.--
Damen (quietly to Kara): Meet me in my chambers. We have much to discuss.

+1 by Varai, zenny, Kara and Pic

Administrator
2,338 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
20th March 2023, 09:59 PM

I am the best Emperor’s Guard, bow to me. 😈

I love these Loki, it’s genuinely entertaining, please keep them coming I literally look forward to reading these 😭

+1 by Loki

Kara
Administrator

baker
97 posts
Seen 21st August 2023
28th March 2023, 01:13 PM

bakeitor literally left the "room"...

ee4t5432

Login or join the forums to reply.