1st April 2023

Edge of Night: Episode 33

Made by Loki in Shows

Queen of Vultures
Administrator
1,641 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
1st April 2023, 04:01 PM

At the jail, Foxel is upset about the death of his uncle. He has brought in a technical "expert" to help figure out what happened.

Foxel: Do you know why I have had you brought here?
Teigan: I do not. This arrest is highly illegal!
Foxel: Shut it. I can have you brought in for whatever crime I feel like.
Teigan: I am innocent of all crimes.
Foxel: I have evidence that says otherwise. For example, your attempt on the life of Majorhalo three months ago?
Teigan: That wasn't me, that was Arona!
Foxel: I know it was, but the Emperor does not and I have the means to frame you if I so desire.
Teigan (disgusted): What do you want?
Foxel: I need you to go through the surveillance footage at the hospital and see who murdered my Uncle.
Teigan: What makes you think I can do that?
Foxel: Its an easy task. All it involves is rewinding hours worth of tapes and watching them.
Teigan: Sounds like a very lame movie. I'll do it for you, under one condition.
Foxel: You are in no position to make any negotiations here. Now just do it or I will have you executed for the attempted murder of the prince!
Teigan: Fine, scum.
--Teigan leaves the room and starts plotting against Foxel.--

In the South, Kara is meeting with Damen in his chambers. They are alone together.

Kara: You wanted to see me?
Damen: Yes, come in.
Kara (looking around): I've never been in your chambers before. There's a lot more kitten pictures than I thought there would be....
Damen: Aren't they so precious?
Kara: Yes, they really are!
--There is an awkward silence.--
Kara: So... What did you want me for?
Damen: I need you to be my new-
Kara: Wife!?
Damen: No. I need you to be my new helper. Since Eiven is... dead!
--Damen sniffles and wipes tears from his eyes.--
Kara: Oh. Ok... How are you coping since Chelsey left you anyway?
Damen (sounding bitter): Chelsey? Never heard of him.
Kara: I'll take that as poorly.
Damen: And on top of that, Ayancito failed to kill Dice for printing the headline that caused her to leave in the first place.
--Damen points to a newspaper laying on his desk. The title reads "Damen's Girl Stolen!"--
Damen: It was too humiliating for her and she left. Sometimes I wish she would have taken the kids with her.
Kara (shocked): Damen!
Damen: She took my heart, she could just as well have taken the kids too. Anyway. The first thing I want you to do as Emperor Helper is put Dice's newspaper out of business before he can print any more libel.
Kara: How do you want me to do that?
Damen: I don't know. Get creative. Burn his office down if you must.

All is quite in the forest as the forest kings and queens and princes and princesses sleep. It went unnoticed when a bird as dark as night and quiet as the still night perched in a tree and watched them all as they slept below.

On Das, Lord Law has summoned Pythas to meet with Amir and Loki. They hope that this meeting will make him forget about hunting for Tasha but little did they know that Pythas had other more important things on his mind and had forgotten all about Tasha. It was not she who he desired, rather it was revenge upon Manwe.

Pythas: Why have you summoned me to here, of all places? Don't you know I am busy? Where were you when I was fighting Manwe and his pathetic servant?
Amir: We were hoping you would stop hunting our daughter if we gave you some information that was just brought to us by one of my wife's vultures.
Pythas (confused): Your daughter?
Amir: Yes, lord.
Pythas: Who is your daughter again?
Amir: Tasha.
Pythas: What's so great about her?
Amir: I'm not sure. You were the one who was hunting her earlier. You were going to throw her friend out of a window. Not that that would have been a big loss.
Pythas: Oh. That. Well now I have more important things to worry about than some half breed vulture.
Loki (offended): Half breed vulture!?
--Amir gives Loki a look and elbows her, silently telling her not to say anymore.--
Pythas: I must now make plans to get revenge upon Manwe. You are wasting my time. You should consider yourselves lucky that I don't take your adopted daughter right now and make her work in the vanadium mines.
Amir: We know of an opportunity for you where you might get revenge.
--Pythas raises an eyebrow, interested.--
Amir: Eiven the Ardi Grandmaster has recently been assassinated. His funeral is tomorrow. After the funeral the Forest plans to go to war with the south. Everyone will be there, including Manwe, his wife, and his daughter.
Pythas (quietly): My ex-wife...Yes, perhaps I can use this to my advantage. Good work, Captain.

Meanwhile, Pic is speaking to Silence.
Pic: Do you think I have what it takes to be a doctor?
Silence: No.
Pic: You answered that question rather fast.
Silence: You do more harm than good. I know you broke that man's nose on purpose.
Pic: I would never!
--Silence walks away, Pic follows him.--
Pic: Do you think I would be a good nurse?
Silence: No.
Pic: Maybe I should just push you down a hill.
Silence: You are more annoying than that vulture woman.
Pic: That's rude. Loki is one of the most annoying people I know, especially since she got married to that nazgul.
Silence: You're just jealous.
Pic: Jealous of what?
Silence: I have your files from the psychiatrist.
Pic: No!
Silence: It says you've lost your sense of personal identity and that you love some man named Orlock.
Pic: I never said that.
Silence: The notes don't lie.
Pic: I only said I have a CRUSH on him. I don't LOVE him. And I didn't even mean what I said. I just wanted Romain to stop badgering me to say something unique about myself.
Silence: Sure you did. Get out of my office now. You are not allowed here due to Romain's orders.
Pic: I will not leave!
Silence: Then I will call the guards and they will take you back to the psychiatrist and he will lock you up in a nice padded room. Does that sound nice to you?
--Pic opens her mouth but doesn't say anything. Tasha and Lord Law come up behind her.--
Lord Law: Pic, lets go. You don't want to be taken to the Baraddur insane asylum against your will. They could legally detain you for a week.
Pic: But I'm not crazy!
Tasha: We know that.
Pic: No. I refuse to go.
Silence: Then I am calling the guards. GUARDS!
--The guards quickly come running into the room.--
Lord Law: Pic, let's go before they take you.
Pic: No.
Silence: Take that one to Romain, she is psychotic.
--The guards grab Pic and drag her from the room. Pic starts yelling insults and continues yelling them until she is locked up in a padded room.--

+1 by zenny, Kara, Foxel and Varai

oh.
740 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
1st April 2023, 07:19 PM

my energy was just too good for flame to handle

+1 by Loki
You'll never silence my voice, no, I won't go.

Izuno - Mal31 - SecurityGuy - Jenna

livin life
Master
237 posts
Seen 21st August 2023
2nd April 2023, 06:14 PM

all my character does is get herself locked up!!!!🙄

+1 by Loki

Administrator
2,338 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
9th April 2023, 08:51 AM

Poor Damen, he is stuck with me as EH 😭😭 (Also I can confirm the kitten pictures are real)

Kara
Administrator

Login or join the forums to reply.