17th April 2023

A Bucket of Jellyfish

Made by Loki in Entertainment

Queen of Vultures
Administrator
1,641 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
17th April 2023, 01:04 AM

It was another gorgeous sunny day on Das, when three young children happened to meet by chance once again.

This time, Loki had learned how to use her shapeshifting abilities and had taken the form of a dark haired elven child. So when the three met on the beach, Little and Kutya did not recognize Loki at first. They quickly learned that Loki was their vulture friend after a brief scuffle, resulting in Loki pecking Kutya in the face.

Loki said she had to finish her duties before she could play with Little and Kutya or else Nanny would whip her when she got back to the tower. Loki's duties today included picking up jellyfish from the beach and placing them in a bucket so that the nazgul could use them to torture prisoners. Little and Kutya did not approve of this task but they helped their friend anyway so she wouldn't come to harm.

After the three friends had finished collecting jellyfish, they finally got to play along the beach. Kutya told Little and Loki a story about three great knights who also happened to be friends. They were called the Musketeers. Hearing the story inspired them and so they played together and pretended to be Musketeers. They found old driftwood along the beach to use as swords as the battled invisible foes.

It was all great until three real foes approached. Three boys from the Nursery of Doom came along the beach and started taunting them. The boys knew they could get Loki in trouble with the Nanny if the told on her so they quickly made off for the dark tower. Thus it was that the three girls united as though they really were the three Musketeers and attacked the boys, The fight didn't go the greatest as the girls only had old driftwood as weapons. Little grabbed the bucket of jellyfish and started throwing them at the boys as a last resort. Loki went into her vulture from and started pecking at them. Kutya battled one with hand to hand combat.

In the end, the girls won out over the three boys. The boys were forced to walk back to the Nursery of Doom in shame. They would not dare to tell on them as they would have to admit that they were beaten up by three little girls.

Kutya surveyed the damage. There were jellyfish everywhere and some of them were even beginning to be washed out to sea and on top of that, Little and Loki appeared to be hurt.

Loki was lying in the sand. "I'm dying!" she said dramatically, though there appeared to be nothing wrong with her.

Little was sitting in the sand holding her foot, evidently she had been stung by one of the jellyfish.

"Get up Loki, you're not dying!" said Kutya, nudging the vulture child with her foot.

"That's right. I'm the one who is dying!" cried Little. "I got stung by a jellyfish! Mommy says Das jellyfish are POISONOUS!"

"Neither of you are going to die!" said an exasperated Kutya.

"You don't understand. Nanny and the nazgul are going to be furious when I return without a bucket full of jellyfish. They are going to whip me until I die! And then Nanny will make me take my vulture form just so she can pluck out all of my feathers! And then she will take me down to Pyramidon where Pythas will-" Loki stopped speaking abruptly.

"Where Pythas will what?" asked Little, no longer holding her foot, forgetting about the jellyfish sting.

"Never mind."

Little and Kutya stared imploringly at the vulture child but she would not answer the question.

"Tell us," Kutya said kindly.

Loki looked out to the sea. "He will brand me again..." she said in a whisper. Little gasped. Loki quickly wiped a tear away from her eye and got up. "Come on, lets pick up whats left of these jellyfish."

Little and Kutya looked at each other, not knowing what to say. Then they started gathering up jellyfish. They only had half a bucketful of jellyfish once they had picked up all that they could find. The sun was beginning to sink and all of the children would have to return to their homes soon.

"Why don't you run away? You could come and live with me!" Little offered after seeing the pitiful amount of jellyfish.

"It is not that easy," sighed Loki. "Doom always knows where to find you once you are marked."

Little and Kutya then called upon the Spirit of the People of the Forest, which was still lurking in that land, and asked for a miracle. Their wish must have been granted. As they prepared to depart, a new wave rolled upon the beach throwing up fresh jellyfish. The girls quickly gathered these up and were able to fill the bucket.

Their meeting did not end in sorrow as it otherwise would have. The three promised each other that they would meet again and that they would try to keep in touch. Sadly, they were unable to keep in touch as Little returned back to space, Loki back to the Nursery of Doom, and Kutya back to a remote forest. But they would meet again.

+1 by Varai

Menace to Society
Banned
288 posts
Seen 27th May 2023
17th April 2023, 05:41 PM

Honestly i could easily 3v1 small children so those guys were just a bunch of amateurs

Own a musket for home defense, since that's what the founding fathers intended. Four ruffians break into my house. "What the devil?" As I grab my powdered wig and Kentucky rifle. Blow a golf ball sized hole through the first man, he's dead on the spot. Draw my pistol on the second man, miss him entirely because it's smoothbore and nails the neighbors dog. I have to resort to the cannon mounted at the top of the stairs loaded with grape shot, "Tally ho lads" the grape shot shreds two men in the blast, the sound and extra shrapnel set off car alarms. Fix bayonet and charge the last terrified rapscallion. He Bleeds out waiting on the police to arrive since triangular bayonet wounds are impossible to stitch up. Just as the founding fathers intended.

Login or join the forums to reply.