10 years have gone by

Made by Dancebear in Club Penguin

Veteran
Master
927 posts
Seen 28th August 2023
26th May 2023, 08:30 PM

Isn't that crazy?

A decade went by. 1 decade ago, this website launched and no one knew how much of an impact it would make to people's lives. Although some may think this is just a game, or a social website like any other, DSGHQ was an escape for many that didn't want to face the outside world. When I was 14 years old, it was the end of December when I had a random thought of wanting to find a Club Penguin game to play again. I am not able to tell you what my train of thoughts were that night but it does lead me to writing this post today. Being a teenager is a difficult time. You're confused with your feelings and emotions without understanding what they mean. We get mad and sad over things for almost no reason, and this game definitely tested everyone's patience sometimes. I am now 23, soon to be 24 years old in less than a week and I can honestly say I would not be the person I am today if I didn't find this community. It wasn't always sunshine and rainbows. There were times where I wanted to rip my hair out of frustration, and there were times that made me smile so big that I couldn't wait to log back on the next day.

There's a few people here that I grew real friendships with. There are some that I'm not in contact with anymore, but the memories will be cherished forever. I won't say specific names because I'm worried to leave someone out, but you definitely know who you are.

This game made me realize that it is worth working and fighting for what you want in life. Even if it was for ranks, prizes, etc., it pushed me to my limits to show that I am capable as a person. I hope that everyone here today finds their true passions in life, works hard for their successions and finds their true self. You'll be happy, I promise. There is a light at the end of the tunnel.

:)

Dancebear

+1 by jackie, zenny, Jdutr, Hashir and 16 others

Close Friends

- Abushekaus, The PCC Crew, Malorie, Harrison, Zeshan -

oh.
740 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
26th May 2023, 08:57 PM

thanks for not ipbanning me in 2016...

+1 by Dancebear and Bailey
You'll never silence my voice, no, I won't go.

Izuno - Mal31 - SecurityGuy - Jenna

269 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
27th May 2023, 12:46 AM

Like this post if you had a crush on Dancebear at any time in the last decade

+1 by Bailey, Narcissa, Dancebear, bashysmelly and 2 others
Adam

Daymen
Administrator
5,165 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
27th May 2023, 04:35 AM

Thanks so much for writing this DanceBear, you were and are a lovely part of this community and it wouldn't have been the same without you. Thanks for helping as staff those years :D

+1 by Dancebear, Bailey, Zes and Uppie

shutup
Master
586 posts
Seen 24th October 2021
27th May 2023, 01:05 PM

i didnt know how to describe it but u put my exact thoughts into words

i'm glad we became friends :)

Login or join the forums to reply.