3rd June 2023

Thank you!!

Made by Gaf in The Lounge

frozo<3
Master
1,701 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
3rd June 2023, 02:56 AM

I joined OldCP when I was 9 years old and coming back as a 20-year-old, I still feel the same excitement logging in here as I used to when I was so young. I don't come on here much, but whenever I do, I am met with an intense feeling of nostalgia. Even smells remind me of this place. You may be wondering how smells could remind one of a website, but this Bath and Body Works candle, in particular, reminds me of filming myself playing OldCP when I was 10, as the same candle was sitting on my mom's laptop I was using. Whenever I visit an aquarium and see penguins, I think of OldCP. I used to take pictures of them and label them with random names - usually containing Damen, and send them to TikiLiki. Speaking of her, I met her on OldCP when I was 10, and we met each other in person 8 years later, though we live upwards of 1,500 miles away. We even got matching heart tattoos! We started sending each other mail and packages for our birthdays, which is still a tradition we have to this day, 10 years later. She is the closest friend I have ever had both in person and online and I wouldn't have met her without OldCP. I owe so much of who I am to this community and I'm really lucky to have stumbled upon it that one random day. It's crazy to hear it's shutting down, but it is probably for the best. When I visit, I see the love this community brought, the horribly cringy posts I contributed a lot to, and the old posts I saw of friendships forming.

I was sad when Club Penguin shut down, but I wasn’t that sad because I had OldCP. I didn’t even make any friends I still talk to on there, and any time I mention club penguin to my friends now, I’m really talking about OldCP. Anything penguin-related or online game-related makes me think of DSGHQ, not Club Penguin. This isn't really a sadness but just feels like a real closing of such a big chapter of my life, though I haven't been active in so long. I'm just glad I was able to even be here!

I will always think of Damen as being one of the smartest, kindest, and most charismatic people I know and I hope he is on to even more successful things after DSGHQ (but how cool is that!?!?! providing a place for thousands of people for 10 years?) You have immense talent and though I'm very out of date with everything here, I hope you go far and I know you already have. From the bottom of my heart, thank you.

+1 by Tommo, Damen, Loki, Scott and 8 others
Epic signature from thisismyname Cool signature from Cheep! Cool sig from Bella

Daymen
Administrator
5,165 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
3rd June 2023, 08:04 AM

Man, this post made me well up 😭 Gaf, it has been an absolute honor, honestly thank you for playing. Its crazy how OldCP lead to you meeting your best friend of 10 years, and that you named penguins containing Damen haha. Thank you so much!

+1 by Scott, Bailey, Narcissa, TikiLiki and 1 other

Veteran
Master
5,478 posts
Seen 29th August 2023
3rd June 2023, 10:48 AM

OMG! The myth, the LEGEND!
Oh, how words can’t describe the IMPACT you had on my OldCP journey especially. You will never fully understand how grateful I am to you. I wish you nothing but the BEST! ❤️

+1 by Bailey, Gaf and TikiLiki
Hi, I'm Scott.
[DSGHQ Veteran || Senior Captain || Master]

Questions, comments, concerns? Don't hesitate to message me.

Master
5,127 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
5th June 2023, 10:19 AM

omg tornado!! I remember when we dated for like 5 minutes back in 2013 (if you remember LOL). Hope you're doing well! :)

+1 by Gaf and TikiLiki

4|23|15
Master
810 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
9th June 2023, 02:07 AM

YUUUP FOR LIFERSSS

+1 by Gaf, Bailey and Kara
Kara, Olivia, Tessa, Olivia, Adam, Olivia, Olivia

Administrator
2,338 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
9th June 2023, 11:47 AM

Olivia!!!

Although we haven’t talked much recently, when we were all active together on OldCP, we had some of the funniest moments ever (ESPECIALLY AS PWC 😂)

I remember being in Skype calls together and multiple times both Rachel and I were dying laughing because of your jokes. I really hope you’re doing well 😭💜

Kara
Administrator

Login or join the forums to reply.