5th June 2023

DSGHQ Changed my life

Made by isaac in The Lounge

i’m rigby, shut up
348 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
5th June 2023, 03:59 PM

I honestly didn’t know what to write when I found out the community was closing, at first I had felt really indifferent. I sat there thinking “Did this community even have some sort of impact on me? Did I leave any kind of mark and did this mark leave any kind on me?” Throughout my time here I wasn’t some big shot in the almost 10 years I have been in this community. So at first I had thought “No, this hadn’t changed my life at all.”

Then I reconsidered and had a long hard thought.

In 2013 I had randomly stumbled onto this game, no reason or intention in particular I was just searching up Old Club Penguin and somehow found OldCP. I had randomly just went through users until I found one that did stick (and unfortunately regret) and that was Rigby, to answer questions everyone asks me Yes it was from Regular Show and no I do not know where Mordecai is. I was a oblivious 10 year old at the time who had just happened to stumble along and eventually joined the community. Within my years here this community and game took so many shapes and forms (remember RCHQ or the oldcp.pw era? Those were interesting...) Yet (and even still this day) it still keeps the same kind of promise and morals that it did back in the day despite the decrease of activity and other impacts its not only had on this game but the entire CPPS community.

I am now 19, almost a 20 year old, and god do I’m embarrassed at the fact I used to be so weird back then, I don’t regret it and I am still weird now but at least its acceptable. In the time in this community I had gained quite a number of friends, some of them which I have become friends with outside of the community, they are all amazing people and I definitely would’ve never met them if it weren’t for this community. Throughout times where I had moved towns to a big city, it was quite lonely and yet I didn’t feel as alone because there was a community here that was friendly and entertaining for its time and all I had to do was play a game of sword fighting penguins. I’m also now wanting to move cities and check out other countries in the big wide world and explore down what I am passionate about, design and technology, solely because I’ve met so many people from so many backgrounds and communities and so many of those people are from this community or because of this community. So yes, This community had changed my life, its weird to admit it but its one of the biggest effects.

Here we are in 2023, most of my friends who were once apart of this community have now left. I now have contact with whoever I can from the community, and as for my presence here, since 2018 its gone down, a lot but I’ve still been around. I had gained more of a presence outside of the community, in my own community and even through discord where I own a server with almost 2000 people (THROWING THAT FLEX IN THERE YOOOO) a server that I would’ve never have run into if it weren’t for this community.
But to be honest, I’m not sad that this community is closing down. I feel like there have been too many good moments for me to be sad. As someone that’s only mostly been a member with little staff gigs in game and on discord (and the two days I was a drac and got a lightsaber whoopsy), I still enjoyed myself throughout my time here and its been great.

(Okay quick confession that I have been thinking about for years, back when the /kill command had some sort of bug and everyone could use it I had used it on someone that was annoying and they were pissing me off OKAY BYEEEEE)

Thank you for the past 10 years of entertainment, enjoyment, and belonging. Its been a wild ride.

(Here's my discord just in case - isaacluke#5029 )

+1 by Loki, Narcissa, Bailey, Damen and 2 others
rigby
professional slay

Daymen
Administrator
5,165 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
7th June 2023, 04:14 AM

Quote:
(Okay quick confession that I have been thinking about for years, back when the /kill command had some sort of bug and everyone could use it I had used it on someone that was annoying and they were pissing me off OKAY BYEEEEE)

You made a confession! Now to ban you at last 😆

Hey Isaac, thanks for writing this. Im honored to have given you the community, I'm glad you made good friends :D Good luck with your design and technology pursuits, and congrats on the discord server :P

+1 by Bailey and isaac

Master
444 posts
Seen 30th August 2023
13th June 2023, 12:45 AM

Damn, Rigby. You're pretty cool, glad to have met you.

+1 by Bailey and isaac

Master
444 posts
Seen 30th August 2023
13th June 2023, 12:45 AM

+1 by isaac

i’m rigby, shut up
348 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
16th June 2023, 04:50 AM

Damen wrote on 7th June 2023, 04:14 AM:
Quote:
Quote:
You made a confession! Now to ban you at last 😆
Hey Isaac, thanks for writing this. Im honored to have given you the community, I'm glad you made good friends Good luck with your design and technology pursuits, and congrats on the discord server

the worst part is to this day i still feel a somewhat guilt for this. XD

rigby
professional slay

83 posts
Seen 23rd August 2023
31st July 2023, 07:14 AM

rigby!!! i remember being so happy to meet a kiwi friend on here! i still reckon weve walked passed each other on the street surely :)

+1 by isaac
rila

Login or join the forums to reply.