13th June 2023

All Things Go

Made by Joseph in The Lounge

Master
444 posts
Seen 30th August 2023
13th June 2023, 12:32 AM

Long time no see friends,

I know I haven't made an official post in a very long time, so seeing the proper typing and grammar come out is going to look pretty cringy, especially from me. This already feels weird after not doing it for so long. After hearing the recent news about the DSGHQ I thought I'd come on here to give my take on things, as lots of people already have. I kind of just want to discuss and vent to you all while the community is still together.

I've been with this community for about 6 years. Thinking of that number, I can't even begin to recollect where the time went. I will say though that during those 6 years I have gone through many things. From great friendships, amazing opportunities I never thought I'd receive, as well as life lessons and skills I carry with me today, these are just some of the things I've taken from the community. I'm blessed to have been active during the time I was because if I wasn't I think the course of my life would have been very different.

I started out in the community in 2017. At this point, I had no idea what any of this was about or what you were really supposed to do. I would just casually play the game, try collecting gold for transforms, and talk to various people while trying to learn about the game and stay out of trouble. The one thing about this community I will say is the user base truly defines everything that we've accomplished. I've learned so much just from other people's standpoints and experiences, which is what essentially gave me the passion I once had to learn new things and achieve things within the community. Lots of the beginning faces I saw quickly became my role models, and from that point I knew I wanted to be a vital user just as they were. I got some small ranks during this time which helped me learn more about the different systems and organizations within the community, and they showed me things I liked, as well as things I didn't.

Around 2018, I had gotten my first Moderator position. Although it was 5 years ago, I still remember the ecstatic feeling and joy that ran through my body at that very moment. I quickly became part of a great staff team and I learned the ins and outs of moderating from staff members new and old who all made it their mission to keep OldCP a safe place. I miss working with a lot of the people I worked with in 2018, and I hope they’re all doing well with whatever they’re doing in life currently.

Around 2019, I had gotten the chance to be Head Moderator for a bit. This rank was super fun because I had enjoyed moderating a lot after doing it for about a year, so I knew this rank was one that I wanted to cross off of my list. Although I didn’t do too much with the position, it was still a great experience to get to assist in leading the Moderator team and serve as an aid to new staff members who were just getting their foot into the door of moderating, or returning staff members who needed some refreshers and pointers.

2020 came along and this was truly one of the craziest years. Amiss a huge global pandemic, we had seen sizes on OldCP that we hadn’t seen in years. Although the world was quite literally falling apart, players recalled that it felt like the community was flourishing and healing after a few years of being stagnant. I will say that some of my favorite moments of this year were judging the Game of Mods because there was so much activity, as well as getting to serve as the Grand Moth Wise for a bit and implement the trial rotations to help the moths get more experience in helping out for trials. Around this time I had also resigned from my positions and closed the ranks chapter of my life since I was getting a lot busier with school during the time and didn't have much time to contribute to OldCP.

I just wanna say that I really appreciate all of the experiences I was given on this platform, and I wouldn’t change a thing. Looking back on all the things I’ve been through, there’s so many moments where I laugh and think about how silly it was where we’d stress or just talk for hours about a penguin game. Although it would sound crazy to some, those moments are unforgettable nonetheless.

Wherever you go and whatever you do, never forget your routes and the simple things you once appreciated.

Until next time,

Joseph

+1 by Loki, Scott, zenny, TerryDJ and 8 others

i’m rigby, shut up
348 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
23rd June 2023, 02:48 AM

Respect man. And to be honest who knew how much of an impact sword swinging penguin would make on people

+1 by Joseph
rigby
professional slay

83 posts
Seen 23rd August 2023
31st July 2023, 07:41 AM

always had sm fun w you guys :D hope youre doing well joseph!!

+1 by Joseph
rila

Master
444 posts
Seen 30th August 2023
31st July 2023, 10:46 AM

Rila wrote on 31st July 2023, 07:41 AM:
always had sm fun w you guys hope youre doing well joseph!!
Thank you, same to you!

+1 by Rila

Login or join the forums to reply.