14th June 2023

Reflection

Made by Dunk in The Lounge

G
Master
940 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
14th June 2023, 12:00 AM

Pretty good timing for me to decide to login again and see dsghq is going to shut down :/

It's crazy to think how much of an impact this community has made on me.. even though I'm not around here much anymore it's really just more than a website or having online friends in a remake of Club Penguin. I remember years ago when this community was really a big part of my life. Staying up talking to people on Discord, Crimezone, giving money to Damen so he could make me lightsabers, the friends I made, finding and using every possible command I could get when I was self-proclaimed emperor on iOldCP, the list goes on.

I'm pretty lucky to have a flash drive handy of all sorts of stuff I've accumulated throughout the years, really just random pictures, videos and moments. It's pretty funny to look back at everything, but it's also crazy to think that I remember all of the stuff I put on this flash drive.

Here's some cool stuff I found. Starting with when I shot Lex,

or when the war on Dorval happened,

or when I made Chelsey super wide and couldn't figure out how to un-widen her,

or when me, Gamer, Jdutr, Wilf and Seth spent Christmas morning messing around with commands on iOldCP. I think I was invisible in this picture

or when I was Chief of Police when Charles ran OldCP,

or Game of Mods from years ago,

or this throwback,

or this file called "Jesseisafag.jpg" when I became Warlord,

or this,

or how we thought iOldCP was the coolest thing ever,

This is actually just one folder inside of 2 other folders titled "OldCP Keepsakes". But again, it's crazy to think back on everything that's happened throughout the years, how much it's made an impact on me, and how many people I've met that live around the world through this community. Hopefully these pictures are a little throwback to some of you guys!

But yeah, I just wanted to make a little post to reflect on my time here. I'm not around much, but this place will always have a special place in my heart as I go on in life. A lot has changed since I initially "left" this community, toning down my visits around here to maybe a couple times a year, and I am going to really miss this place regardless of my lack of time spent here. I am really just still amazed by the fact I've graduated high school (which by the way I got into UCLA HEEELLL YEEA CLASS OF 2027) and I first joined the community back in 2014.. meaning I was just 9 years old.

I'm not going to shout out anyone in particular because I might miss some people I should have shouted out, but everyone I've made friends with through the years should know who you are.
From my heart, thank you for everything. It's been real guys!

+1 by Joseph, Loki, Bailey, Akkar and 5 others

Master
444 posts
Seen 30th August 2023
14th June 2023, 12:03 AM

Dunk, omg! Will never forget you and how you were literally the first person I met on here lol.

+1 by Dunk and Bailey

Stone Mason/Lord of Wind
244 posts
Seen 23rd August 2023
14th June 2023, 10:03 PM

i remember when we had a joust and i killed you on accident with the 1 hit sword i had its good to hear from you again though

Forest Boy

The Great
Master
1,520 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
26th July 2023, 12:11 AM

Dunk, thank you for all the good memories we made my friend.

Login or join the forums to reply.