24th August 2023

A Final Goodbye and the End of Dice Talk

Made by Dice in News

News Reporter
4,301 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
24th August 2023, 11:21 AM

Hey guys! Dice here for Dice Talk. Welcome to the 287th and final episode. I rushed this because I just wanted to get it over with. Truth be told, I am quite emotional making this, as dumb as it may sound. It’s just a stupid “news show” that I created as an 8 year old boy back in 2013. It’s just a dumb little “talk show” that I kept doing for 10 years. Why? I’m not sure why. All I know is that I enjoyed writing every episode, even if they were all dumb and pointless. Ten years. Let’s talk about it.

Dice Talk began on October 6th, 2013. The first issue/episode was rather short, talking about the birthday of DJ Cadence and how the second day of a moderator competition, the predecessor to GOM, would occur at 6:00 PM that day. Since then, I’ve made 287 episodes, just short of my goal of 300.

On May 24th, Damen announced that the Forums would be shut down on August 31st, its 10th anniversary, and Penguin3D on October 8th, its 5th anniversary. The end of the community. Damen had also stated that OldCP would stay open, which he had promised years ago, and that Penguin3D could possibly be kept up if enough people would want it to be. This came as a shock to many but was very understandable seeing the condition that DSGHQ is currently in. However, through Discord, OldCP, and possibly Penguin3D, the community will not be completely dead.

So what’s next for me? As you can see, I’ve been much less active in the community since late 2022. I’ve been through a rough patch since last fall but I’ve finally recovered and am feeling much better. I begin my first year at community college on August 29th. I’ll transfer to a university in two years to study history and get my teaching degree. My hope is to eventually come back to my high school and teach U.S. History there. I find it crazy that on August 31st of 2013, I was just days before becoming a 3rd grader and days from joining the DSGHQ. Now, 10 years later, I will be a college student. Where does the time go?

I would like to thank Damen so much for allowing me to become part of this wonderful community. I would also like to thank all of my past and present friends who have stuck by my side. Some of you were better friends than some of my school friends. Though I’ve had my ups and downs here, it was a huge part of my life and definitely shaped me to who I am today. If I had never joined in ten years ago, who knows what kind of person I would be. These ten years have definitely been the best years of my life and I will never ever forget about it. Thank you all again, and goodbye.

+1 by SecurityGuy, Loki, Bailey, Foxel and 8 others

Queen of Vultures
Administrator
1,641 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
24th August 2023, 02:27 PM

Sad and iconic

+1 by Dice, Bailey and Uppie

178 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
30th August 2023, 11:28 PM

I dont know whats Dice Talk but you were a good friend and a good pilot, the best of all, sadly Damen took away the fun of flying planes and crashing them, still all the planes u ordered were trash XD

it was fun while it lasted, especially the kamikaze attacks on those cringe zone jerks

+1 by Dice

Login or join the forums to reply.