7th December 2013

The Desolation of Reth I: Runaway

Made by Frogs in Entertainment

Banned
1,817 posts
Seen 3rd January 2021
7th December 2013, 01:52 PM

The Desolation of Reth Prologue

The prologue will explain everything to you about Reth. It will explain his life, and what he has done to become a runaway.

Warning! If you have not read The Desolation of Reth Prologue, you might want to read it before you read this. This is the first story of the series, and The prologue is already out. If you continue to read this without reading the prologue, you may not understand some of it.

*Pant*. *Wheeze*. Reth had been running for miles after he stopped by his house in the small village of Lilyville. He was terrified after what he had done. He couldn't even manage to think about his surrondings and if he should stop here for the day or move on. He couldn't focus on anything but what he had done to Junth, Tund, and their lackeys. Finally, when he could focus more, he saw someone coming his way.

"You there!" The thing in the distance shouted."What are you doing?" It asked.

When Reth finally spoke, the thing came into view. It was an amphibian, like him. Except Reth was a Frog and the stranger was a salamander."I..." he tried to say. But Reth's mouth felt like ash, the very thing that he hated the most.

"Come along son", the salamander said. Reth quickly ran toward the salamander though he still didnt fully trust him. When Reth caught up with the salamander, he looked at him. The salamander was tall and was bright blue, unlike Reth who was forest green."So" the salamander said "What's your name?" the salamander asked. "Reth is my name" Reth said. "What's yours?" Reth asked questionably."My name is Yaq" the salamander replied. There was a silence besides birds chirping in the high treetops.

"So" the salamander said "What are you doing here?" "I'm a runaway after what happened to my parents." Reth replied. "What happened to them?" Yaq asked. Reth hesitated to tell him, but Yaq seemed friendly and he might understand."I.." Reth started "I accidently burned them, I didnt know, but when I got a certain lecture from my parents, I got angry and right before my eyes, faster than the blink of an eye, there was nothing but ash." Reth said sadly."Oh.." replied Yaq."Sounds like you have powers yourself." Yaq said excitedly.

Reth was confused why he was so excited. "Why are you so excited?" He asked. "Well, it's because I have powers myself. I can tell prophecies." Yaq replied."Say... you wanna see your prophecy?" Yaq asked nervously. "Sure, I guess." Reth said nervously."You may be the one we've been waiting for." Yaq said. "What?" Reth said. "There are others who have powers like us, and there used to be an old prophecy that goes along these sayings:

The one who you thought was burned,
Is coming near,
He has churned from his ashes
He is the King of Fear

At that prophecy, Reth clutched his stomach. He knew who this was..

"Do you understand this prochecy?" Yaq asked excitedly."Yes, in fact I do." Reth replied in a fearful tone."I've met him before."

+1 by PenguinDSC and Mike676

Login or join the forums to reply.