8th December 2013

Penguin Isles Chapter 4: Boys, Girls and The Hishi.

Made by Damen in Penguin Isles

Daymen
Administrator
5,165 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
8th December 2013, 08:46 PM

Notes: This is a VERY important chapter. It will begin a very important base. Read carefully without distractions. Enjoy!

Chapter 4 - Boys, Girls and The Hishi.
— 2 years after Gold —

Bonnie slowly closed the door to his igloo, and creeped across the igloo clearing through the gap that opens out of the village and into the sea. The boat he left before night fall was still there, readied for departure. He climbed onto it and grabbed the ore and started rowing away from shore towards the nearby island. He was wearing a blue and white hooded cape which he pulled over his arms.

The night before, Bonnie had gone to Hashir, a recent friend of his. He was the founder of the Capital City and chief of the mainland’s ‘Queen’s Watch’ Order. He told Hashir everything about the ‘blue scouts’ on the island across from City Hanley. He gave Hashir the compass he hid from Pixie and said goodbye. Bonnie’s business on the island across was of some importance, and only Hashir knew some of it. He said to him he’d been going there secretly many times for a while, but he didn’t mention what it was he was actually doing. He said that it’s really important that he goes, and this particular time would be his last. He said “They’re giving me enough for the both of us, Me and Pixie.”. Hashir didn’t know what he was getting on the island. “Each one counts as allot, as now they’re much larger pieces rather than just grain sized pieces. If I stop going, the effect will reverse on us and it’ll kill us. We live off them now.”. Hashir remembered what he said, but had no clear understanding of exactly what he was getting and using.

Bonnie, arrived to the shore of the mysterious isle across to the mainland. He threw his oars into the sea and let the boat float into the dark night ocean. He was huddled in his cloak as he ventured quickly north west, cutting through the woods. He knew where he was going, he’d come before many times. When he got near the other side of the island’s long but thin body, he started to search around the ground, shoving snow aside and crawling like an insect. He finally found what he was searching for, a small sack which was quite heavy as promised. He opened the sack and put his flipper inside, “Yes, this is it.”. He reached in and grabbed one of the shards, which looked like very dark blue glass, then closed the sack quickly. He stood up and took his hooded cape off, “Wow these are huge!”.

Then he gazed up at the sky, full of stars. There was the moon, just as promised exactly above where he was standing. He aligned the glass with the moon’s position in the sky. As he held up the glass shard, the light of the moon got brighter and caused the glass to glow brightly like a lamp. Then bonnie looked down and crouched, moving the glass in his flipper around as if he was trying to use it’s light to discover something in the snow. As he held it towards the floor, blue footsteps appeared in the light from the glass. He followed the blue step trail holding the glass close to the ground to see where they lead. After a few minutes he reached a dip in the ground where the footsteps stopped. The dip was a ditch, quite large but clear of any tree or rock and the snow was smooth. Bonnie placed the glass shard onto the ground and it’s light faded immediately. Then…. it happened, they appeared just as usual.

He stood there waiting for the power to renew his life and make it longer, but this time expecting a much larger effect because of the size of the glass pieces. A shadow figure in the dark proceeded towards Bonnie but stopped to reach down to pick up the glass. He then threw it at Bonnie and it stuck in him, Bonnie screamed and fell down. The shadow figure then whispered to Bonnie,
“Young boy can row faster than you can, you have been replaced my friend by much better penguin”,
Bonnie looked at him in pain confused.
“Who? Boy?” he asked panting for life.
Another figure approached, but this one had never showed up before. The small group of eskimos, whom they were, didn’t tell Bonnie who it was. They just called him “Hish”. The figure took off his face mask and let down his hood. This one wasn’t a human like the others, it was a penguin, Bonnie’s replacement.
“Ag agh,” panted Bonnie almost losing the fight for life, “It’s you?!… Rover!..”.
The ‘hish’ grabbed the glass in his neck and pushed it in. Bonnie fell silent.. dead.
“There is only 40 glass left, and life belongs to the strongest.” said the figure called ‘Hish’.
“Yes get glass sack, bring it to penguin God Hish.” said the figure who threw the glass at Bonnie.
“Immortality belongs to me.” Hish said looking down at Bonnie.

— The Next Week —
Damen was outside the Capital, where his mom was who was badly sick, she was being kept in the big snow castle there. All of the adventurers with Harriet came down to the capital to be with her before she was thought to die. Damen was practising his bow in the Gardens. He kept trying to strike bulls eye on the target but just couldn’t get there at all. Damen’s friends, Bobby, Flipper and Chelsey were all watching him shoot. All of them were bored because Captain Hashir ordered them to visit Harriet every hour. The only time they could go outside was between those visits, and they could only go as far as the gardens outside the city. Damen embarrassed, missing completely, had ran out of arrows. He wished he didn’t have to turn around after the disgrace to collect more.
“Get some more and try again…” said Flipper.
“I keep damn trying all the damn time, it’s this bow! It sucks!” Damen frustratedly said.
“Hey! Henchy made that before he died.”, complained Bobby “He’s one of the Queen’s Royal adventurers too you know.”.
“Yes I know… but he could have made the wood more durable and less flexible.” Damen replied.
“Maybe you should practise your snowball throwing skills with me instead?” said Chelsey. Chelsey was the daughter of a merchant from Birdlings who was lucky enough to come with his wife and she, Chelsey to find food when they ran out. She was no good with a bow or any other things other than snow.
Damen scoffed at Chelsey and threw a snowball in her face.
“One more round and then we’ve got to visit Harriet.” said Flipper.
“Yeah yeah yeah, we saw her like 10 mins ago. Still lying in bed surrounded by Birdlingerers.” Damen said.
“Hey! Most of your damn friends are ‘Birdlingers’ including me so stop mocking us.” Flipper complained.
“Sorry, gosh.” Damen said back.
As he loaded the bow with the next arrow, suddenly someone else’s arrow shot right past his face and landed right on bullseye.
“WHAT?!” Damen shouted as they all looked behind where the arrow came from. There stood the red penguin who everyone despised.
“Ugh, it’s you half boy. Get out of here!” Flipper said to him.
“Go take your bow some place else, Rover!” Damen shouted.
Rover bowed in front of them and said “Tut tut, a 14 year old beats you every place, most high Prince.”
“Get the heck out or I’ll get the guards to lock you up so you can’t disappear all the time anymore! Son of the witch!” Damen said back.
Rover walked off with a mocking smirk on his face.

“You shouldn’t let that kid boss you around all the time… You are like way higher than him.” Chelsey said to Damen.
“Argh, I can’t get him.. or IT of my back. He seems to creep around all the time, he’s like a demon. Well, then again he’s the son of Corté.” Damen said.
“You have a right to hate him, and we do too. The son of the woman who killed your father. He, will never be liked by anyone; Especially me, when you are king we can slay him!” Flipper said to Damen with honour.
“Yes Flipper, I will.” Damen said.
Damen turned and shot his arrow, this time it missed the target and hit a tree. Above the failed arrow was the painted words “Haha ~rover”.
“That cursed Child! AAAGHH, I wish I could slay him!” Damen raged.

Minutes later, they were all around Harriet again. She was in a bed, at the top of the snow castle. Around them were a few guards.
“Damen my son, what have you been up to?” she smiled gigglingly.
“Well mother, ahem I was practising my bow and arrow.” he said back to her.
“Getting good now aren’t you?”
“Heh” Damen laughed back.
“Soon you’ll be captain Damen the master archer.”
“Haha, yes I think so. If it weren’t for that rover shooting an arrow on my target and missing perfect bullseye, my target would have looked perfect. I got 4 bullseye in a row.” Damen boasted lying.
“Wow! My son! You truly are a prince.” she said back. “Don’t worry, when you become the King you won’t need to worry about lesser penguin scum.”.

+1 by PenguinDSC, Scott, Icedragon The Myth, Sundaze and 22 others, -1 by Gaf

♪ ♫ ♪
Master
2,958 posts
Seen 30th December 2020
8th December 2013, 08:48 PM

Thx Damen for this chapter! I loved it, and my favorite part was reading all the humor you put in it, some of the parts I was laughing like crazy! :D I cannot wait for Chapter 5!

Dream On!
~PenguinDSC~

veteran
Master
1,360 posts
Seen 28th June 2020
8th December 2013, 08:50 PM

I really enjoyed reading this chapter it was very amazing I can't wait to see chapter 5. It was very funny and cool. I have to go. -Bella. ;D

Have an amazing day! :-) +1....
Good-bye for now. See you very soon. :)

Veteran
Master
5,478 posts
Seen 29th August 2023
8th December 2013, 08:51 PM

Magnificent, I have to say this chapter made me laugh a lot. I enjoyed every part of it. This part made me laugh, “Wow! My son! You truly are a prince.” she said back. “Don’t worry, when you become the King you won’t need to worry about lesser penguin scum.” it was rather funny. Other wise, great chapter. +1~Sadie

+1 by Damen
Hi, I'm Scott.
[DSGHQ Veteran || Senior Captain || Master]

Questions, comments, concerns? Don't hesitate to message me.

Daymen
Administrator
5,165 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
8th December 2013, 08:51 PM

Before you reply read it properly. It's not about who get's first post. I want to see what you actually liked and explain it to me. I'd love feedback!

+1 by PenguinDSC, Scott and dayton

1,071 posts
Seen 24th June 2023
8th December 2013, 08:54 PM

That was a really good story, Damen. I read it fully, and it was really good! It had a lot of meaning to it, and I appreciate it.

Sorry Off Topic: Why did you prank on TinyChat and pretend to kill urself?

693 posts
Seen 26th November 2014
8th December 2013, 08:54 PM

Great story, it took forever to read though. I had 2 distractions though LOL. Though great story. I wish this was a book in real life! ~ Icedragon
Once again BEST CHAPTERS EVER!!!!! EPIC EPIC CHAPTERS I think this is the best! Lol ~ Icedragon
Again its funny that you made Captain Hashir make Chelsey,Bobby and Flipper visit Harriet and they're so bored XD. The ending part is the best part to me XD

+1 by TerryDJ and Tiger

maddie
597 posts
Seen 8th February 2023
8th December 2013, 08:55 PM

wow damen I love the stories. the thing I like most are the details and the use of words! :D

hi i am moshi

Veteran
Master
5,478 posts
Seen 29th August 2023
8th December 2013, 09:01 PM

I just read it over, and why is there so much blue things? Could this be like "blue's clue's" as if they where leading into more clues? And, may i ask why did he have to switch the oar? To go back to the other side of the island? Also, it is very good and mysterious after reading it slowly. My feedback to you is, that this chapter was very interesting after reading it and i can not wait to see what happens next but also can you tell us why there is the color blue a lot. Other wise, i did enjoy this chapter.

Hi, I'm Scott.
[DSGHQ Veteran || Senior Captain || Master]

Questions, comments, concerns? Don't hesitate to message me.

617 posts
Seen 18th October 2015
8th December 2013, 09:01 PM

Lovely story,Damen,It is quite interesting I believe. I also enjoy you taking your time to spend money on a game. We appreciate you very much. You are also a very good Auther. I hope to see the next chapter Asap!

Your spooky friend, Flame.

insert signature here

Michigan J Frog
406 posts
Seen 7th August 2023
8th December 2013, 09:02 PM

Nice story Professor Damen. I like how you brought rover into the story and how you showed his personality.

The Trilogy
536 posts
Seen 14th March 2016
8th December 2013, 09:02 PM

Great, job on it Damen! I cant wait for chapter 5.

Hi there
804 posts
Seen 7th November 2015
8th December 2013, 09:04 PM

I'm not sure... I just can't get hooked on these stories for some reason. In my opinion, you should add more mystery and suspense. I like the comedy, though, keep that part in. And a couple parts about food wouldn't hurt....

Are you reading my signature?
Boring, isn't it?

4|23|15
Master
810 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
8th December 2013, 09:10 PM

This Chapter is amazing! You should really try and sell real life books.I really like how the story motivates me to keep reading.I apreciate your hard work! +1

Kara, Olivia, Tessa, Olivia, Adam, Olivia, Olivia

120 posts
Seen 31st March 2014
8th December 2013, 09:23 PM

I really liked it Damen

+1 by TerryDJ

Login or join the forums to reply.