Likes and Dislikes, your Popularity

Made by CPManiac in Feedback

Master
1,027 posts
Seen 6th September 2020
9th December 2013, 06:50 PM

Hello every penguin, and I have just read Chopper's latest post. Here it is:
Quote:
Hello once again audience! This post is about people just making discussions for rep or views and stuff they want. Most popular users do this sometimes and they get a lot of likes. Damen can't help it he has star power. But this can also upset users with little rep because all the popular users have to do is make a discussion and BAM they have some likes. Some discussions are obvious and some of these great discussions go of the Community Index. Please read this carefully!

I have noticed that most of the popular users, are master and over. But, a lot of the reason is not on their rank, but about their posts, and that is what I am going to talk about today.

You see, a lot of penguins are rookie and member, and some of them say: No one likes me, everybody hates me, because I am rookie. But, the truth is, likes should be based on your posts. I know that a lot of masters and moderators get their likes for having either likable posts, or informative posts, or even helpful posts. But, no one ever said that penguins get likes on popularity.

I think all penguins should be based equally when it comes to posting, for if a rookie is just getting his way, he has the rights to say something just as important as a moderator. Like, if a rookie has this really great tutorial, or life lesson you can use, usually most penguins would ignore it and look for some more popular penguins posting.

This is just like any other problem based on some place like middle school. I lot of the things are based on popularity, and whether you are popular or not. If you are not popular, then no one knows who you are, and usually people won't listen to what you have to say as much, so you are pretty much an outcast.

What should happen, is penguins should read a whole post, before thinking: "Oh this penguin is a rookie. His posts will probably be something like: I like chicken a loooooot!" But what really can happen, is a rookie, any rookie, surprises you with a really nice quality post, and no one bothers to look.

For this reason, all penguin rights should be equal, and this should be a rule. For every penguin should have a turn to say something, no matter who they are. I love all penguins, and I think it would only be fair if penguin were equal. Thank you for reading this post, and have a nice day!

+1 by Abby, stompnbob, Pieguy, Scott and 5 others

boba
398 posts
Seen 27th August 2020
9th December 2013, 06:53 PM

this is true cpmniac. I always stop to read posts and I think others should too.Thank you for sharing this cpmaniac.

+1 by CPManiac

Hi there
804 posts
Seen 7th November 2015
9th December 2013, 06:55 PM

You remind me of Martin Luther King. Fighting for equal rights.
+1

+1 by CPManiac
Are you reading my signature?
Boring, isn't it?

Veteran
Master
5,478 posts
Seen 29th August 2023
9th December 2013, 06:59 PM

This is correct, you truly told something that happens a lot. Many rookie users, get ignored for being a new user. So, users that are older usually go to a older user that has posts things. So, i try to read every post that i can :) and give feed back.

+1 by CPManiac
Hi, I'm Scott.
[DSGHQ Veteran || Senior Captain || Master]

Questions, comments, concerns? Don't hesitate to message me.

693 posts
Seen 26th November 2014
9th December 2013, 07:09 PM

I agree, I think a rookie or member named Gizzyman made My Forum Tutorial. Not many people looked at it. But I did and some other people. But only a little. He got likes too in a second like BAM! So you really should look at rookies,members or anyone else's post.

+1 by CPManiac

Rookie
1,068 posts
Seen 21st March 2015
9th December 2013, 07:28 PM

I agree.When i was new to forums i was very ignored.Also i read as many posts as possible like i read all of these.-Internal Most people just read short posts so they can get it over with this is what i have heard.

+1 by CPManiac

331 posts
Seen 1st November 2015
9th December 2013, 08:50 PM

Yes! Your post is very true, and I couldn't have said it more perfectly.
And also I wanted to say you should ALWAYS be positive in posts, so that's how you get a better reputation- right?
Anyways, thanks for sharing this very wise information!
We all appreciate it!!

~GirlyGirly22 :)

+1 by CPManiac

:3
1,004 posts
Seen 1st June 2023
9th December 2013, 10:23 PM

I agree 100%. I am a member and I have 147 reputation. I got all that rep because I make meaningful posts, and put my hard work into it. I know no one likes my post because there my "BFF" or "Friend," I know they do it because they know it's a meaningful post. Once, a person said, "Care more about others and not your rep" to me. I was disapointed when they said that because I don't do it for the rep, I do it so I can help others. But, I do agree 100% on this, thanks for proving my point, +1 :) ~Avax

+1 by CPManiac
Sadie was here, 12/27/2018. I love you, have a lovely day. <3
Sadie was here, 1/4/2020. Happy New Year, my love. I'm so thankful I can spend another year with you. <3
Scott was here 3/21/2020. We did it! <3
Scott was here 1/5/2021. We made it through 2020! I’m so thank you spend another year with you. <3

Login or join the forums to reply.