18th December 2013
1 view

What Is Snailschat?

Made by SecretResearcher in Snaildom

136 posts
Seen 8th March 2016
18th December 2013, 05:20 PM

I always forget how many people have not played Snailschat. This short discussion will explain the basics of Snailschat.

This discussion is the official discussion to know what Snailschat, or SC, is and what it once was. More detailed information for items, minigames, and more will be explained in later discussions as well as this discussion regularly updated to those links.

Snailschat is a game created by Damen in early May of 2013. The game was an MMOG (Massively Multiplayer Online Game) designed to be FTP (Free to Play). The game started with few users and gradually increased to become extremely populated. The game later added powers, bug report system, suggestion area, new rooms, new minigames, and loads more. Finding out the history of SC is extremely interesting and entertaining.

There was a short period of time that was known as Beta Testing. During this time, many major changes were added into SC. This included the addition of badges, removal of a badge, a new room, and different placement of a minigame. SC was technically still in Beta even though the testing was announced as officially over because bugs were constantly reported as well as new ideas.

Much of the art in Snailschat was much more simplistic than what you see today. I know I use the word simplistic a lot, but I find it the best term to describe it's feeling. Anyways, Damen began to really experiment his artistic abilities at the Forest, where you can see detailed grass and a picnic:

The game was constantly updated, with things quickly coming and going. This piece of information is what made it important to go on SC daily. However, SC in it's prime would probably be when it first started. The games were buggy, but in an entertaining way. The items were excellent, with a variety to choose from.

Many users made chats, websites, and wikias that reflected SC. The 'drama' you see in the forums was not an issue in SC as it is today by any means. In other words, the game socially was very controlled. The moderators and mediators were perfect.

The game closed sometime in July, saying it would never be open again. However, Damen introduced the game again in December, only confirming it will be out until Sunday. The game has a message in the login screen that says something along the lines of this is to give you a taste of what Snailschat was. This could mean that Snailschat will only be up for a limited amount of time, just to give you a feel of what it's like.

The game can now be played at the exact time it was closed down. Players can view SC as if it they visited a graveyard frozen in time, although that analogy may be too dark for you.

If you have any questions, feel free to comment below. I will have more discussions in greater detail of the specifics in SC. Also, more detail may be added to this post as time progresses.

For a synopsis of Airdrop, see http://forums.damenspike.com/view/?id=7521 .

For a guide to get the Rainbow shell, see http://forums.clubpenguin.pro/view/7519-/ (by Moriarty).

That's all.

+1 by Hashir, Chelsey, PenguinDSC, Sundaze and 10 others
~ SecretResearcher

The Trilogy
536 posts
Seen 14th March 2016
18th December 2013, 05:33 PM

Great post! I love it this is very meaningful, and long. +1.

2,325 posts
Seen 2nd November 2015
18th December 2013, 05:35 PM

Wait, only sunday?
I thought from now on it would be forever, just sundays there was no gameplay.

Looking for a sword trainer!
988 posts
Seen 14th March 2016
18th December 2013, 05:53 PM

I remember SnailsChat.Nice times.

~Ninjay

Soul Eater is awesome

1,175 posts
Seen 6th March 2016
18th December 2013, 06:29 PM

You always make very good posts about these things good job! I really like this post
+1

Abby
Moderator of Forum.
Former Moderator of Oldcp.
Artist.
Best Friends. Damen,Frozo,Sadie,Kara,May,PenguinDSC,CPManiac,Key123,Frogs,Tacofun,
Moshi,Pickle.and everyone else

Rookie
21 posts
18th December 2013, 06:41 PM

Why, I do believe Cindy tried the game, for it did not work! She did not know how to earn money.

-1 by x

Login or join the forums to reply.