21st December 2013

Detective Story Part 1

Made by Templar in Entertainment

Rookie
3,203 posts
Seen 20th February 2020
21st December 2013, 08:09 AM

PROLOGUE

On the stormy night of the mayor’s birthday, the black-hooded figure – with an axe in one hand – made its way to the mayor’s massive mansion door, deactivating the alarm system with a clever hacking device.
It quietly sneaked into the mayor’s bedroom and lifted the axe above his neck…THWACK! The mayor lay still, covered in blood with an axe left beside him.

Chapter 1
Detective Jonathan

The murder of our beloved mayor, Tom Carson, occurred last night – he was discovered dead by his wife, Sophie Carson.’ Jonathan read out loud from the newspaper, the Murder Express.
Fred thought hard, ‘Who could hate the mayor so much that they would kill him?’ he asked himself like he was in charge. He looked through the suspect drawer.
‘The cleaner couldn’t do such a thing, could he?’ he asked Jonathan,
‘Probably,’ he replied, ‘he did hate the mayor for running his dog over with a car, on his birthday, so he carries a knife around with him. ’
Fred felt a sharp shiver down his spine.
‘That can’t be right, he had an axe!’ Fred corrected,
‘I know that!’ Jonathan exclaimed.
Jonathan felt more confident than Fred. Fred was useless most of the time – the best thing he’d ever done was sort out files.
‘It might’ve been Danni Sugar?’ Fred said, slowly and quietly,
‘Of cause not, idiot!’ protested Jonathan, ‘the worst she’s done is drive through a red light!’
‘Are you sure?’ Fred asked, ‘According to her files, she once killed a farmer!’
‘She was brainwashed, plus it was the farmer’s pig!’ Jonathan corrected, for once,
‘Oh yeah,’ replied Fred, reluctantly accepting his correction.
‘I can’t believe they let you become a detective without the same training as me!’ shouted Jonathan,
‘Y—y—you really mean that?’ Fred sadly asked? Jonathan didn’t reply. He was speechless at this point. He felt rubbish – shouting at his friend; his partner; his best friend for life.
The phone rang and agent Guy was on the other end,
‘I want you to find this murderer, and take him back here for torturing, do you understand?’ asked Guy,
‘Yes, sir,’ Jonathan replied, obediently.

Chapter 2
Messed Up

Jonathan was sprinting down the hallway at the speed of light – running from a shadow. It was black-hooded with an axe in one hand. The hooded figure gained up on him…THWACK!
Jonathan woke up in a shock and covered in sweat.
He had trouble getting out the door on time – it was already eight-forty-five in the morning, he would be late for work. He grabbed his equipment and ran out the door.
‘You’re late, again!’ shouted agent Guy – the head of the detective group – ‘you are going to have to cover for me; I have to go and see Fred,’
‘Bye,’ said Jonathan.
He searched through Guy’s mission papers and saw that he needed to go to the mayor’s mansion and find out what happened. Jonathan felt his heart pounding again and again and, yet, again – going to a dead mayor’s mansion was probably the most terrifying thing he could possibly do.
He arrived there at twelve o’ clock at midnight – the same time the mayor died. He gulped on his way in. He got out his notepad and pen and started writing. When he stopped writing, he took a close look at the bed. He saw the axe that was used in the murder scene, he touched it with his finger before putting it in the evidence bag.
‘Now, I just have to give this to Gary for scanning under his…um…uh… finger print scanner!’ He proudly announced to himself.
Jonathan made his way outback, when he heard someone calling ‘HELP!’
He leaped out the window and grabbed his gun and repeatedly shot at a black cloak. There was nothing wearing it, just it, and Sophie Carson lying on the floor.
‘SOPHIE!’ Jonathan yelled to nothing. ‘Breathe, Sophie, Breathe! Come on, come on! NO!’ He could do nothing – she was dead.

+1 by Dice

News Reporter
4,301 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
21st December 2013, 09:27 AM

Good story! Took me 3 minutes to read all of it. That's how it's good...

+1 by Templar

Login or join the forums to reply.