King of Cringe
Master
1,799 posts
Posted in I Hate Myself! • 2nd October 2015, 01:17 PM

Hating yourself is not the best way to deal with these situations. I've had a plenty of these... Trust me.

"If you have respect for yourselves, you will have respect for others." - Omega

King of Cringe
Master
1,799 posts
Posted in My Forum (10/1/15) • 1st October 2015, 04:39 PM

Hey guys, Zet here with my new forum I have been coding for a loong time now!

NOTE: THIS IS STILL UNDER CONSTRUCTION

The homepage:

The view category page:

The view topic page:

The register page:

Logout page:

And last but not least, the profile page!

I hope you enjoyed these, please suggest anything else I should add into the forum! :D

King of Cringe
Master
1,799 posts
Posted in DSGHQ MC Server Tutorial! • 27th September 2015, 05:42 PM

DSGHQ MC Server Official Tutorial

The server IP is mc.dsghq.com!

Hey all and welcome to the DSGHQ MC server tutorial. This tutorial is the updated version of Lloyd's tutorial, please see at: http://forums.damenspike.com/view/?id=35479

Got permission from Hash to post this tutorial:

Now, let's get on with the tutorial.
Your First Sight

The DSGHQ MC server is a great place to chat and have fun. This server is owned by Damen, and the server IP is almost everywhere, which is why it is popular to this day.

Basically, when you join, you will have gamemode 2, or adventure mode. With adventure mode you cannot break blocks and it is like survival. You will spawn in a building, which is often called the 'spawn'. Once you join, the rules will be on your right. Please make sure to read them carefully.

The staff list will be often behind you. If you ever see them, please make sure to thank them for helping run the server and keep it alive.

Once an OP comes, it is your chance to gain their trust. If you are trusted on the DSGHQ, you will be trusted on DSGHQ MC too. You MUST read the rules carefully in order to have the best experience you can on this server. If you wish to be granted creative, you must simply state: "Hey, [op name here] I believe I am trusted for creative. I know this because I have read the rules and agreed to them. I wish to be granted this gift, and I am also trusted on DSGHQ which makes me an ideal candidate." Note: It does not have to be word for word, but it has to be something like this. Do not lie with this statement and disobey the rules, because if you do you will be caught and punished.

Telling the truth is the best way to have a good experience on here, if you lie about a serious you will get punished.
The DSGHQ MC Server Staff

The staff are there to help out with the server and help keep it running. Just some notes to take, Damen and Raindrop [the owners] rarely come on the server, and Hashir is the Warden of this server. If you don't know what a Warden is in this case, the Warden is in full charge of the DSGHQ MC server, and can make and demote moderators without permission. The purpose of the Warden is to keep the server running for Damen, so he doesn't always have to come on and make/demote mods, etc. The Warden (Hashir) has been doing his job ever since spring 2015. The staff are trusted users that protect the server from any rule breakers. A very important note is that you should be active, this is because before, there was a rank called 'Repairers', they would repair griefs. Sadly, this rank was removed because they were inactive. Repairers had OP powers, and had half of the OP permissions. Staff have permissions that normal users cannot do because it is to ensure the safety of the server, and if normal users abused these powers, it will cause a world of trouble. Now, you may be asking, what admins do, basically I believe admins just assist the Warden on running the DSGHQ. Hashir had told me once that admins' recommendations for OP really matter because they are trusted. Another thing, admins are not owners, they're a rank below Warden. If some strangers that are not from the DSGHQ come on the MC server, and if they break the rules, they will be treated just as any rule-breaker.

Time to list the staff now!

DamenSpike - (Damen) Owner and creator of the DSGHQ MC server.

Darthpadme - (Raindrop) Co-Owner of the DSGHQ MC server.

Hashh - (Hashir) Warden of the DSGHQ MC server.

Omegazz - (Zeternal) Operator of the DSGHQ MC server.

AwesomeMilkshake - (Bp28) Administrator (and possible Warden's Helper?) of the DSGHQ MC server.

LloydWolf - (CoolLloyd) Operator of the DSGHQ MC server.

Boberator - (Bob) Operator of the DSGHQ MC server.

VanceLance - (ICEsnad) Operator of the DSGHQ MC server.

Jgd627 - (Jacob) Operator of the DSGHQ MC server.

Kris162CP - Operator of the DSGHQ MC server.
Congrats you found secret text!

Earning Staff

You earn staff by applying, or by earning. You can earn it by:

- Being trusted.
- Complying with staff.
- Not abusing features.
- FOLLOWING THE RULES AT ALL TIMES.
- Being recommended.

A really good way on earning staff is to really contribute to the server.

You can contribute by:

- Suggesting new items.
- Improving the server.
- Adding territory of your own. (See the Cities, States, etc section for more info)
- Helping out the staff with anything they'd need help with. (Most effective!)
- Redesigning anything major.

Demotion

If you were demoted for some reason, one advice that is really handy if you want your rank back is to:

- Do not throw a temper tantrum.
- Comply with your demotion.
- If you do not know why, ask in a respectful manner why you were demoted.
- Promising you will do your job again just as good as you did before.

If you follow these steps, then there is a 90% chance you will get your rank back. If you had resigned, however, want it back again, you just simply state you resigned, and you will promise you will do good again as you did before. If your staff rank was removed for some reason, please comply with these steps because if you just become disrespectful, then your chances of getting staff back is just gonna plummet to 0%. If you do not want this to happen however, then once again, follow the steps. However, just that we had not experienced this before with any former staff doesn't mean you should be the first to do this. If you were demoted for abusing powers, now that is a different story. If you confess to have known about the abusing power thing, and you did not think twice, however, you promise you will never do that again, there is a 60% chance you will get OP now because abusing powers is a big thing. Abusing powers states that you are not fit for the rank and you will not handle the responsibility of OP, and you will use your powers to destroy us. That is what abusing powers tells the administrators. So be careful to not do that or else this will be your fate on the DSGHQ MC server.
Griefing

Now, this is a serious topic. Griefing is when people on MC come and destroy / edit builds without permission. There have been countless cases of griefing before, and repeat griefers will be exiled (banned forever). Now, if you feel like griefing, just don't because if you do grief, then you will be completely disrespected around the server and you will have a very low chance of getting staff on the server. Now, griefing shows all the staff that you cannot handle certain responsibilities, (e.g creative) or survival. If you grief in survival you will be jailed in an actual jail, and be demoted all the way down to adventure. Those are the consequences of griefing. Now you may ask what is griefing.

This is griefing:

- Destroying property without permission.
- Editing things to make them look inapp.
- Destroying a build to make room for yours.
- Using tricks to use banned items.
- Robbing.
- Killing pets.
- Summoning mobs that are destructive. (If mobgriefing is set to true)
Cities, States, etc

If you are wondering, yes, there are cities and states. Currently the only state is iEncrypted, which is owned by me. However, more will come as the server gets more and more popular. I hope to find that you guys are the next generation of this server, and you created the 2nd state in all of DSGHQ MC :).

States:

- iEncrypted (1st)

Cities:
Snowcap - By Hashir and Zeternal
CraftWood - By a lot of people
Freedom City - By Bob and CocaCola (orginally Dezmania)
New Zanver City (The island city) - Once again, by a lot of people
Los Vice - By CocaCola and VanceLance
Hobbesville - By Sting, Hashir, and lots of others
Aquifer City - By Kris and Zeternal
Autumn Fields - By Lloyd

The iEncrypted Owners:

Omegazz - RETIRED (Zeternal) Veteran Founder.
Boberator - RETIRED (Bob) Veteran Owner.
Hashh - (Hashir) Owner.
VanceLance - (ICESnad) Owner.
LloydWolf - (Lloyd) Owner.

The iEncrypted Co-Owners:
Snev - Co-Owner.
AwesomeMilkshake - (Bp28) Co-Owner.

The official Fellowship for iEncrypted: (We're gonna update ASAP) Click here for the Fellowship.
The End of This Tutorial

Congratulations, you've made it to the end of the official DSGHQ MC server tutorial!

IF THERE'S ANYTHING I MISSED PLEASE TELL ME IN THE COMMENTS BELOW.

Thank you for taking the time to read this really long tutorial!

P.S: Like the secret texts I put?

King of Cringe
Master
1,799 posts
Posted in [OLDCP NEW!] Private Message Feature • 25th September 2015, 03:25 PM

Awesome implementation Damen! ;)

Btw, I will like to suggest a feature: Possibly there can be a filter to filter out any cursing?

King of Cringe
Master
1,799 posts
Posted in Doing the "Master's Return" Sacrifice • 25th September 2015, 03:14 PM

I was once master when I did this, then I came back, I'm still a member. I do hope masters get their rank back, because it's been a month ever since I have been a member.

King of Cringe
Master
1,799 posts
Posted in Text Size • 21st September 2015, 07:51 PM

The size that was inputted in the BB code was too much for the forums to handle, so the code escapes it and it instead becomes regular text.

The maximum size you can only use in this BB code is 5. *7 || Credits to the messenger who had posted this reply rather before.

However, there is a feature that needs to be implemented because the server should echo an error message, rather than escaping the BB code.

I do hope the error feature that I have suggested in this reply gets implemented.

King of Cringe
Master
1,799 posts
Posted in A New Leaf • 18th September 2015, 06:43 PM

Also, the Mountain suffered heavy defeat back in Town. I was the one that helped the WKs defeat the Mountain, lost 10 ammo.

Long live DSGHQ, Damen will never be forgotten. I will surely attend the funeral.

However, what about The Night Wolf? I don't think he is killed yet.

King of Cringe
Master
1,799 posts
Posted in PI PENGUIN SPOTTED! • 15th September 2015, 03:37 PM

I'm in the picture!!! I'm famous for once!!! Lol.

Maybe Fatty is a special penguin that was just created with the ability. :P

King of Cringe
Master
1,799 posts
Posted in About abusing power • 15th September 2015, 09:30 AM

Mists wrote on 15th September 2015 09:15 AM:
Zeternal said on 15th September 2015 09:13 AM:
This post is very true.

If you have been waiting a long time to get a rank to get back at someone, then you will have wasted your time because if they find out that you are abusing your powers for revenge, your hard work will be gone once they demote you.

Most of them say that it was worth it but I don't think so.
What do you think?

It's really not worth it because life is short, and you don't want to be wasting time on something you know will be wasted. And it is not worth it because then you cannot get revenge back again.

King of Cringe
Master
1,799 posts
Posted in About abusing power • 15th September 2015, 09:13 AM

This post is very true.

If you have been waiting a long time to get a rank to get back at someone, then you will have wasted your time because if they find out that you are abusing your powers for revenge, your hard work will be gone once they demote you.

King of Cringe
Master
1,799 posts
Posted in Minecraft Mac Socket error • 13th September 2015, 04:47 PM

Alrighty, you will need to check this website for the MC status. This is usually normal, but annoying. If you experience this, then you will have to wait for the servers to come back up...

The website: http://xpaw.ru/mcstatus/

King of Cringe
Master
1,799 posts
Posted in I need Minecraft Help! • 5th September 2015, 10:18 AM

You can search the following: "Minecraft Skin Editor". Find a skin you like, and then download the .PNG file for the skin. Once you're done, go to www.minecraft.net and then sign in with your Mojang email. Then go to minecraft.net/profile/skin/

To join in a server, you go to 'multiplayer', and then click direct connect. Type in the following: mc.dsghq.com Then click 'join server'. You should then be connected to the DSGHQ MC server!

King of Cringe
Master
1,799 posts
Posted in [TIMES REVERTED] Minecraft Gold Rush (OFFICAL MC Gold Comp) • 3rd September 2015, 03:50 PM

Please sign me up for ALL! I can't wait to see y'all in the competition! ;)

King of Cringe
Master
1,799 posts
Posted in Minecraft Suggestion LIST • 2nd September 2015, 10:35 AM

GroupManager is very very hard to configurate.

Anyways, nice suggestions! I'll show this to Hash and hopefully he will show this to Damen!