New: Rookie Rank

Made by Damen in Announcements

Daymen
Administrator
5,165 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
17th October 2013, 08:38 AM

Hey guys,

You may have noticed your rank has changed to 'Rookie'. This is because lots of kids are coming on the forum and making stupid useless posts in order to get their 500 credits bonus. The new Rookie rank will prevent users from getting credits.

If you are a rookie then, that means you cannot earn credits from the forum. But what about when you make enough posts to get credits? It will come up and say 'Ask an admin to make you a member'. So if you earn the credits, you need to become a member to get them onto your penguin.

So when you earn the credits, ask an admin to check your account for spam, and if you have made good posts, you can become a member and then you will get credits automatically from then on.

That probably made no sense so:

Rookie: Cannot get credits from forum
Member: Can get credits from forum.

Rookie is lower than Member:

- Banned
- Rookie
- News Reporter
- Master
- Administrator

When you earn credits, ask an admin if you can become a member so you can get them.

Good luck!

+1 by CPManiac, PenguinDSC, Megumi Kato, Suzy and 7 others

♪ ♫ ♪
Master
2,958 posts
Seen 30th December 2020
17th October 2013, 08:42 AM

Thanks Damen for this, and i had a post about all the pink clothing items, which took 30 minutes to make, and i posted it, and it said i was disconnected for not going to a different page, or i guess it had logged me out. PLZ FIX!

Daymen
Administrator
5,165 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
17th October 2013, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Thanks Damen for this, and i had a post about all the pink clothing items, which took 30 minutes to make, and i posted it, and it said i was disconnected for not going to a deifferent page, or i guess it had logged me out. PLZ FIX!
Your login timed out. That means you were logged in for 2 hours. I have removed the timeout!

Master
1,027 posts
Seen 6th September 2020
17th October 2013, 08:45 AM

Hi Damen! I know exactly what you are talking about, the people that only post 50-100 posts a day, just to get tons of credits. I noticed this, and I also noticed trusted, another new rank I haven't heard of, or haven't seen it yet. But, I am not one of these people. I have been watching the action go on, member by member being banned. Have you also noticed the number of posts have doubled in a week? That is because people are greedy, and don't appreciate what they have. But, I think that this is a good idea. It help with the number of helpful posts go up, and the number of spamming and non-conversational two word posts go down too.

+1 by Damen and Pencil1

Master
803 posts
Seen 17th January 2023
17th October 2013, 08:46 AM

Nice, I knew this was a rank as soon as it had been changed. What I didn't know is that it prevents users from getting credits. Helpful though.

Daymen
Administrator
5,165 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
17th October 2013, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Hi Damen! I know exactly what you are talking about, the people that only post 50-100 posts a day, just to get tons of credits. I noticed this, and I also noticed trusted, another new rank I haven't heard of, or haven't seen it yet. But, I am not one of these people. I have been watching the action go on, member by member being banned. Have you also noticed the number of posts have doubled in a week? That is because people are greedy, and don't appreciate what they have. But, I think that this is a good idea. It help with the number of helpful posts go up, and the number of spamming and non-conversational two word posts go down too.
Hey there, no Trusted was replaced with the Rookie system. Yes people can be very greedy and mean to admins and others by spamming. I banned all the spammers and removed ALL their extras and credits so they all get punished.

Remember you can earn the Member rank by posting good posts. Random stuff will be despised and you might even risk being suspended for spam.

+1 by PenguinDSC

♪ ♫ ♪
Master
2,958 posts
Seen 30th December 2020
17th October 2013, 08:47 AM

thanks Damen, but i guess it was a loggout glitch. because i started playing 40 min ago and i guess i was logged in to another computer at the same exact time.

+1 by Chase

Daymen
Administrator
5,165 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
17th October 2013, 08:48 AM

Quote:
thanks Damen, but i guess it was a loggout glitch. because i started playing 40 min ago and i guess i was logged in to another computer at the same exact time.
Yeah, you can only login to one computer at once.

Master
1,027 posts
Seen 6th September 2020
17th October 2013, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Hey there, no Trusted was replaced with the Rookie system. Yes people can be very greedy and mean to admins and others by spamming. I banned all the spammers and removed ALL their extras and credits so they all get punished.

I did not mean it was replaced, I meant one of my friends got "trusted" as a rank, and then got down to rookie. Sorry for the confusion :(

+1 by Pencil1

♪ ♫ ♪
Master
2,958 posts
Seen 30th December 2020
17th October 2013, 08:51 AM

Thanks Damen for the info, i guess i will have to do the breast cancer item id's AGAIN later today. :(, but i am am glad i will still be able to help.

BREAST CANCER SUPPORTERS UNITE!

+1 by Ender Skippy and Chase

787 posts
Seen 12th March 2014
17th October 2013, 08:59 AM

ok thanks but I was a rookie then you put me in a member?

did you like my posts?
did you think my posts were useful?

+1 by PenguinDSC, Rocket and Abby

Epic signature by my best bud iceesoda/luke

Epic signature by: Internal
Epic signature by cat warrior "Meow"

Awesome Signature Made By Cat Warrior

♪ ♫ ♪
Master
2,958 posts
Seen 30th December 2020
17th October 2013, 09:01 AM

They were useful posts, and others will be happy. (for those who didn't know the ones you listed) +1! :D

+1 by Ender Skippy and Chase

Daymen
Administrator
5,165 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
17th October 2013, 09:03 AM

Quote:
ok thanks but I was a rookie then you put me in a member?

did you like my posts?

did you think my posts were useful?

Dude Rookie means 'Beginner'. Its worse than Member.

+1 by PenguinDSC

787 posts
Seen 12th March 2014
17th October 2013, 09:03 AM

eh ok

sorry im dumb

-1 by Damen, Suzy, Key, Templar and 2 others

Epic signature by my best bud iceesoda/luke

Epic signature by: Internal
Epic signature by cat warrior "Meow"

Awesome Signature Made By Cat Warrior

♪ ♫ ♪
Master
2,958 posts
Seen 30th December 2020
17th October 2013, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Dude Rookie means 'Beginner'. Its worse than Member.

Yes if you are old enough (and learned your vocabulary or at least looked it up) you would have known rookie (one of our mascot's): he first came in, and he was the ROOKIE, or the new guy that is not that professional, and is new to this type of work. So rookie means new at something, not very good at something, or just in the middle, as in you aren't AWESOME, or HORRIBLE, just a rookie, in between. Most of the time it means non-professional too.

HOPE YOU PLANTED THAT IN YOUR BRAIN FOR LATER! :D

Login or join the forums to reply.