24th June 2014
1 view

The Black Land of Mordor

Made by Chandler in Wisdom

Master
538 posts
Seen 4th July 2019
24th June 2014, 10:52 AM

Lord of the Rings is more of a hobby than a book to me! JRR Tolkien not only wrote the epic master piece's: The Hobbit, Lord of the Rings, The Lost Tales, and The Silmarilian (explaining the history of the Elves) he wrote his own languages, history, an cultures. The World of Middle Earth was put together so well and so densely that it could literally stand as an alternate universe.

Now Mordor...There are many things that Mordor could be assumed.

Most people think that Sauron was the ultimate evil master and only main antagonist in Middle Earth. Though this is not true! Morgoth was the first villain (Silmarilian) and Sauron was a mere servant of Morgoth.

Sauron's fortress of Barad-dur was first built in the Second age thousands of years before the events of the Lord of the Rings. Yet, it fell in the War of the Last Alliance and only to rebuilt in the third age(Lord of the Rings). Then to be destroyed completely when the One ring was caste into the flames of Orodruin (Mount Doom) at the end of the Lord of the Rings.

Barad-dur took 600 years to complete and most of it was backed by Sauron's personal power. So, when Sauron was defeated in the War of the Last Alliance.. the fortress was destroyed, YET because Isildur (King of Gondor) kept the Ring, the fortress's foundation could not be destroyed. So Sauron was able to live and rebuild his fortress.

I could go on.... but I hope this encourages you to go check this out for yourself! Buy some of Tolkien's books, research the wondrous world of Middle Earth. It's not just an action packed adventure...It's real complete with love stories and a scene for everyone to enjoy.

If you enjoyed this post and you would like me to do this more often(I am FULL of Middle earth history and numerous things on JRR Tolkien's life)

Thanks for reading,
MrLion

+1 by Augustine, Rawr and Kara

2,442 posts
Seen 26th February 2019
24th June 2014, 10:55 AM

Congratulations on the badge Lion!

~Rawr

1,598 posts
Seen 25th October 2014
24th June 2014, 11:03 AM

yea congrats on ur badge