31st August 2014

Forum Moderator Application

Made by Bp28 in Applications

Certified Nick Foles Fan
1,076 posts
Seen 19th April 2020
31st August 2014, 11:59 AM

Greetings moderators, administrators, and users of the DSGHQ,

I rarely make applications, but I feel this one needs to be made. I would like to apply for the rank: Forum Moderator. Cheep, Kara and Little have been recently promoted, a HUGE congrats to them, but I think one more moderator for the DSGHQ forums is necessary to make up for the recent demotions.

Reasons I Am Applying For Forum Moderator: I am applying because I feel I fit the job! I am EXTREMELY active and helpful, I consider myself a trusted user of the DSGHQ. Some may disagree, due to a past incident in which I deeply regret, but I’d like to add I am completely forgiven by Emperor Damen. Since being forgiven, I received the forum rank news reporter and the DSGHQ knights captain! The mighty Emperor has said himself that I may have a chance for moderator again and that I was a true man of the Empire. I also often see posts or albums that should be deleted and locked, or some users have been rude or bullying and no actions have been taken. Obviously it’s pretty hard for forum mods to see everything, but I would like to give a hand to and help anyone who needs it.

Experience: I am a former oldcp moderator. Yes, I made a stupid mistake, but I have been well forgiven. I have been on these forums for quite a while, and have had most of the ranks! (More on my ranks below)

Why I Would Be A Unique Moderator: I have had most of the major forum ranks: Rookie, Member, News Reporter, Knight and Master! You may ask: Who Cares? Well, I know a lot about all of these ranks, and know how each rank works. This could be extremely helpful to users who want to know about each rank. I’d like to add I am VERY VERY active on forums. I’m usually on whenever I’m on the internet and have a 2nd tab open. I read most posts, and I like to reply to the ones asking for help. I also read most moods, albums, and channels. I believe I am mostly mature for my age, and I have terrific grammar and spelling.

How I Would Handle The Rank: I understand that, besides administrator, this is probably the biggest and most important rank in the DSGHQ. I get along with the forums staff, many of them are some of my closest friends on here. I understand that forum mods have the power to check iplogs, a system in which I will NOT abuse. The only scenario in which I would probably use it will be if a trusted user is acting really different and does something bad, only to make sure he/she was not hacked. I believe forum moderators also know things lots of normal users don’t know. If told anything that is meant to be private, I will keep it private, and not discuss it with anyone, including other forums staff unless given permission. Like anything with moderators, they have the power to ban, obviously I wouldn’t abuse this. I NEVER abused it during my time as oldcp moderator, I’m not stupid enough to abuse it on here. Forum moderators can give warnings and suspensions. I would use this wisely. If a forum user cusses, whether in a PM, mood, or discussion, I WILL ban the user and delete or edit the post the user cussed on. If a user is bullying, I will likely warn and suspend the user for 24 hours, if he/she continues, the user will be banned. Users causing major drama will be warned if it’s affecting other users in a negative way. Any users spamming posts for gold, if member, will be warned. If they continue they will be demoted to rookie until they have learned their lesson.

How The Users Would Benefit: If I am selected for this honorable rank, the users will get an active, loyal user who loves the DSGHQ as a forum moderator. They will get a user who knows the rules very well, and knows A LOT about the ranks and will help the DSGHQ in any way possible.

Thanks for reading!

~bp28

+1 by Bailey, tennis, n, Ellie and 22 others

Lead us Thorin!!
R.I.P Sean K.

Master
5,127 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
31st August 2014, 12:07 PM

This is a truly spectacular application, bp. I do believe you deserve the rank of Forum Moderator and it will fit you well. I am glad you have learned from your mistake and have proven you will not abuse. Good luck on your journey to Forum Moderator! :)

+1 by Bp28, tennis, Cheep and Annie

The Great
Master
3,983 posts
Seen 10th September 2020
31st August 2014, 12:08 PM

Love this application.

+1 by Bp28, Bailey, Annie, Kricken and 1 other

Certified Nick Foles Fan
1,076 posts
Seen 19th April 2020
31st August 2014, 12:09 PM

Quote:
This is a truly spectacular application, bp. I do believe you deserve the rank of Forum Moderator and it will fit you well. I am glad you have learned from your mistake and have proven you will not abuse. Good luck on your journey to Forum Moderator! :)

Thank you! I believe you yourself deserve forum mod too!

+1 by Bailey and Cheep

Lead us Thorin!!
R.I.P Sean K.

506 posts
Seen 17th March 2019
31st August 2014, 12:31 PM

Amazing. I really think you would make a good Forums Moderator. +1

+1 by Bp28

Lady of the Empire
Master
1,003 posts
Seen 3rd November 2019
31st August 2014, 12:55 PM

:D Amazing work, Bp! Everything we want, you got!

+1 by Bp28, Bailey and BelIa
Lady Cheep Glitz of the Royal Imperial Bank
Lady of the Bank - Detective - Forums Moderator - OldCP Moderator - Lady of the Empire

Friends
Hails||Sadie|Chelsey|Tess|Mico|Damen|Dance|Gamer|Con|Jacob|Adam

Wiki:Cheep

1,546 posts
Seen 31st May 2020
31st August 2014, 12:56 PM

Amazing mod application, you truly deserve forums mod it fits you :).-Freddo Ze Knight

+1 by Bp28, Bailey and Cheep

xoxo
Master
2,484 posts
Seen 30th July 2023
31st August 2014, 01:51 PM

This is beautiful! And I also agree with you, we have recently lost 4 moderators and we only made up two of them! Good luck! :)

+1 by Bp28

B19 BOY
Master
2,048 posts
Seen 28th August 2023
31st August 2014, 02:59 PM

This is a wonderful!, Beautiful, Awesome Application!

+1 by Bp28 and Bailey

The One and Only.
282 posts
Seen 15th June 2023
31st August 2014, 05:58 PM

This is one of the best applications i've ever read!! Nicely done bp. I hope you get the job :) +1

+1 by Bp28 and Bailey

Banned
309 posts
Seen 31st July 2015
31st August 2014, 06:45 PM

OFF TOPIC:
You need 600+ posts.

ON TOPIC:
Nice application bp! Good luck on the job ;)

+1 by Bailey

This video explains my mood.

Certified Nick Foles Fan
1,076 posts
Seen 19th April 2020
31st August 2014, 06:47 PM

Quote:
OFF TOPIC:

You need 600+ posts.

ON TOPIC:

Well I just got 600 posts with this reply. Thanks for the support!

Lead us Thorin!!
R.I.P Sean K.

Banned
309 posts
Seen 31st July 2015
31st August 2014, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Quote:
OFF TOPIC:

You need 600+ posts.

ON TOPIC:

Well I just got 600 posts with this reply. Thanks for the support!

Np. And, congrats. ;)

+1 by Bp28

This video explains my mood.

it was only hypothetical
Master
6,414 posts
Seen 25th August 2023
31st August 2014, 07:28 PM

Bp28, I telled you in this afternoon, you deserve this rank, you can make mistakes, all we make mistakes, you can be one great Forums Moderator, hope you get this job.

Lloyd

+1 by Bp28
Gone

Sweet memories

Veteran
Master
3,713 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
1st September 2014, 10:57 AM

This is very amazing, I really like it. I hope this accepts your app for forum mod. :) You deserve it!

+1 by Bp28

Login or join the forums to reply.