Respect other people's Beliefs

Made by Damen in Announcements

Veteran
Master
5,478 posts
Seen 29th August 2023
17th October 2014, 01:28 PM

Hello.
I as a Moderator did not really understand the true banning system for that specific category.
I am terribly sorry for banning (suspending) those users. I will be open up as I have nothing to hide, my apology.

+1

+1 by Gocubsgo
Hi, I'm Scott.
[DSGHQ Veteran || Senior Captain || Master]

Questions, comments, concerns? Don't hesitate to message me.

Certified Nick Foles Fan
1,076 posts
Seen 19th April 2020
17th October 2014, 01:57 PM

I hope this applies to all religions. I hope I'm able to express my Jewish beliefs (though I don't like to), without anyone telling me I'm wrong. I have a question, though. Are any atheists allowed to express their beliefs as long as he/she doesn't hate on others beliefs? I once saw a user make a mood saying he doesn't believe in God, and the responses were pretty hateful to him/her.

Lead us Thorin!!
R.I.P Sean K.

Rap Diablo
Master
3,463 posts
Seen 30th September 2022
17th October 2014, 02:03 PM

This was truly inspired by God. I love this new rule.

+1 by ian

cool guy
1,696 posts
Seen 28th July 2022
17th October 2014, 02:07 PM

Nice post Damy :P

Off Topic - Nice profile Adawg xD

Everythings not lost
Master
1,280 posts
Seen 12th March 2020
17th October 2014, 03:34 PM

I'm glad this is a rule. Many people have many different religions, and we all should respect that. I'm a Christian, but I have friends who aren't, and that's okay. We should all accept people for what they do. :)

It is our choices that show what we truly are far more than our abilities.

Master
5,127 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
17th October 2014, 03:41 PM

Alright, Damen. I will respect other's beliefs, respect your decision, and not react shamefully towards those who DO express their beliefs in a reasonable way.

259 posts
Seen 1st April 2023
17th October 2014, 04:22 PM

Quote:
I'm glad this is a rule. Many people have many different religions, and we all should respect that. I'm a Christian, but I have friends who aren't, and that's okay. We should all accept people for what they do.

Actually it says in the Bible just some verses I memorized psalms 1-4 says: Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. BUt his delight is in the law of the Lord and in his law doth he meditate day and night. And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water that bringeth forth his fruit in his season, and his leaves also shall not wither and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper. And the ungodly are not so but are like a chaff that the wind driveth away.

So what that is saying is if u hang out with ungodly people u will start to be one of them

Be yourself sailors out.

+1 by OoBubblesoO, -1 by Bp28

Everythings not lost
Master
1,280 posts
Seen 12th March 2020
17th October 2014, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Quote:
I'm glad this is a rule. Many people have many different religions, and we all should respect that. I'm a Christian, but I have friends who aren't, and that's okay. We should all accept people for what they do.

Actually it says in the Bible just some verses I memorized psalms 1-4 says: Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. BUt his delight is in the law of the Lord and in his law doth he meditate day and night. And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water that bringeth forth his fruit in his season, and his leaves also shall not wither and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper. And the ungodly are not so but are like a chaff that the wind driveth away.

So what that is saying is if u hang out with ungodly people u will start to be one of them

Be yourself sailors out.

I will never become an ungodly person. I was just saying we should be nice to everyone, no matter what religion lol. :P

It is our choices that show what we truly are far more than our abilities.

1,007 posts
Seen 5th October 2015
17th October 2014, 04:32 PM

Thank you for making this rule. We should respect everyone's religion and beliefs. It is a great choice to create this rule, and thank you for doing so!

- Tacofun ~

I'm Tacofun. Hi!

This signature was made by Jon c:

This signature was made by cheep!

We will never forget you Oldcp!

2,442 posts
Seen 26th February 2019
17th October 2014, 04:42 PM

I truly understand and agree with you. We should all have patients and not overreact, or else, we might end up banned.

Daymen
Administrator
5,165 posts
Seen 23rd June 2024
17th October 2014, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Be yourself sailors out.

Applying all of the Bible's standards, which aren't too hard (1 John 5:3) will make you a "godly" person, not just the ones you want. You are right too, pick carefully who you spend time with but show respect to everyone you meet (1 Corinthians 15:33, Romans 12:18).

Calico Rose
Master
1,683 posts
Seen 31st July 2022
17th October 2014, 04:52 PM

I feel that it's unfair to make fun of other beliefs. Many people are different and people need to respect that.

2,442 posts
Seen 26th February 2019
17th October 2014, 04:57 PM

Quote:
I feel that it's unfair to make fun of other beliefs. Many people are different and people need to respect that.

I do aswell. Some think it's funny that some people think the dead will rise, and of course, come back to life. Many of us do not believe this but we keep it to ourselves. <--- (I hope)

salsa
41 posts
Seen 12th March 2016
17th October 2014, 05:16 PM

Showing what your belief is, is alright, however, I think that is only to a certain extent... It's always okay to say what you believe in or what religion you follow, and no one should try to change you for that, although in several instances i've personally seen people, who as first were just showing and expressing how they felt about said religion, and a few minutes later were asked by others to stop. Is it ok for that person to keep saying the same line repeatedly, or to have them stop, and respect that more than one individual is not comfortable in the situation? From my perspective, I think that both sides might as well be banned and or kicked. No one is at fault. They're both making a scene and are doing no wrong besides what was said before (making a scene). Go ahead and express your religion, just know when enough is enough, and that others obviously aren't comfortable with what you're saying/preaching, hence them asking you to stop multiple times.

The mods have done no wrong, the people asking to them to stop have done no wrong, and the people expressing their belief have done no wrong.

Another rant by Salsa?

+1 by Bp28 and OoBubblesoO
Salsa

skippy
Master
991 posts
Seen 8th February 2021
17th October 2014, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Hello,

Lately two users were banned unfairly for expressing their beliefs.
I will not say who the moderator is or who they were, but they are unbanned now.

Why?
Because other people reacted appallingly to these users. Thus, moderators banned the wrong people for drama.

Anyone who causes drama by disrespecting other people's beliefs will be suspended. Moderators should NOT ban a user simply because they express their beliefs.

BUT
You are NOT allowed to express your beliefs on these forums AGGRESSIVELY.

E.g.
Aggressive (Against the rules)

Quote:
LORD JESUS IS OUR SAVIOR! WORSHIP THE LORD OR YOU WILL BURN IN HELL!

Do not do that or you will find your post/mood/comment/mail deleted and your account suspended/banned.

Reasonable (Not against the rules)

Quote:
I believe that Jesus is our Savior and he died for all of us.

You won't be banned and your post will be respected by staff, BUT if anyone is mean against you or demand that you stop, then they should be banned.

A lot of our beliefs are different, but for educational purposes, may I share with you a link that answers many Bible questions correctly. http://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/questions/

This is now a rule of the DamenSpike GAMES HQ Empire.

I did not really get it with the fight but the religious thingy is really stupid. There can be muslims or other people with diffrent religions

PS: Is that a swag old man on your profile pic

I am muslim. I totally agree Damen.

Thanks Daisy! :)

http://prntscr.com/5sqc84

Thank you Jacks!

Login or join the forums to reply.