1st July 2015

Bailey's Daily - Redemption and ...Silver Star?!

Made by Bailey in News

Master
5,127 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
1st July 2015, 12:52 PM

Hey guys! Bailey here with some news on things that have happened recently. I will be talking about events that have occurred, promotions and demotions, and new features and add-ons! Continue reading for more information.

On Friday, June 26th, the Redemption occurred. The Redemption is a new event that will happen twice a year; once in Summer and once in Winter. In the Redemption, users get to vote whether they think a staff member should stay or be demoted. Here's how it works, if more people are on the stay side, then that staff member stays. If more people are on the demoted side, then that staff member gets demoted. If there are any demotions, then the users get to recommend replacements for those who were demoted. Just like with staff members, the users can vote whether they think that recommended replacement should be promoted or not, and if more people are on one side, then that side wins and gets the vote of either yes or no. After that, then the users can make considerations for people they think should have that rank.

Now on to the people that were promoted or demoted and the aftermath of it. Hashir stayed as an Administrator. Roberto was exempt from the vote due to business reasons. McKinlee and Sled were demoted from Moderator and everyone one else stayed. Next were the replacements, and JesseCP replaced Mckinlee and Sadie replaced Sled. After that were considerations for Moderator, and Sting got promoted to it. Then some users wanted some people to be Administrator and Knight, so there were more votes on that. Bp28 and DSC were promoted to Administrator but were on review, so only Bp28 got promoted. DSC did not get promoted to Administrator, but Damen said he had plans for him. Then were the votes on Knight, and Milkshake9, ZingCPAWM, and sammeh were promoted. A day later, ZingCPAWM was promoted to Moderator, but was demoted two days later because of some things he said and did on a Tinychat party hosted by Dice. That resulted in the banishment of CP armies and CPAC. Because of that, Roberto was demoted to Lord. What do you think about this new affair? Do you think think it's unfair? Interesting? Cool? Foolish? Share your thoughts on it in the comments below.

On Tuesday, June 30th, there was a new feature added to the Forum. This new add-on is called the Silver Star. How do I get this 'Silver Star'? Well, to obtain the Silver Star, you need to have been a member of the DSGHQ (Forum) for a year and a half (1 year and 6 months/18 months). Once you receive this cool thing, it goes on your level. For example:

How are you enjoying this new feature? Do you like it? Dislike it? Think it's not really important? Comment your thoughts on it below.

You know what July 1st is? You could have probably guessed from the several moods made and all the red and white on Old CP. You're right, July 1st is Canada Day! Happy Canada Day everyone! Canada Day is the national day of Canada, celebrating the anniversary of July 1st, 1867; the enactment of the British North America Act, 1867 (today called the Constitution Act, 1867), which united three colonies (New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and the United Province of Canada) into a single country called as we all know today, Canada! Let's all celebrate by wearing red and white clothes on Old CP (as most have already done).

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this post. You can either like it or dislike it. Have a great day! :)

+1 by PenguinDSC, Freddy, Swirlie, Fizz and 33 others

Fizz
Master
437 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
1st July 2015, 12:58 PM

Hmm, my star still looks better. But I can never make a post better than you. ;-;

+1 by Bailey, Jesse, Luke, lylance and 6 others
a cool photo I made in 2013

1,546 posts
Seen 31st May 2020
1st July 2015, 12:59 PM

Good post I must say. Keep up the great work!

+1 by Bailey, lylance, George, ian and 1 other

Master
840 posts
Seen 14th March 2016
1st July 2015, 01:00 PM

Nice news report! This will answer some user's questions. I see you as a future news reporter (but hopefully not a demotion from mod.)

+1 by Bailey, lylance, George, ian and 2 others

veteran
Master
3,733 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
1st July 2015, 01:47 PM

Wow, nice report Bailey. This is incredible, i hope to see more of these!

+1 by Bailey, George and ian

The Great
Master
1,520 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
1st July 2015, 01:49 PM

Nice news report.

Ask me for help!
697 posts
Seen 5th March 2016
1st July 2015, 02:13 PM

Nice news report Bailey. This probably took some time.

Night

"The difference between Ordinary and Extraordinary is just the little Extra"

graphic designer
3,098 posts
Seen 30th August 2023
1st July 2015, 02:15 PM

Cool news report! I didn't even know what the silver star meant before reading this, thank you!

Master
5,127 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
1st July 2015, 02:17 PM

Fun Fact: The first time I started making this post, I had so much done until my computer shut down on me and everything was gone. I had to make this a second time. :)

+1 by George, ian and Jake01

graphic designer
3,098 posts
Seen 30th August 2023
1st July 2015, 02:21 PM

Bailey wrote on 1st July 2015 02:17 PM:
Fun Fact: The first time I started making this post, I had so much done until my computer shut down on me and everything was gone. I had to make this a second time.

story of my LIFE

those darn windows

+1 by Bailey, George, ian and Matt

768 posts
Seen 11th September 2022
1st July 2015, 02:56 PM

Bailey wrote on 1st July 2015 12:52 PM:
Hey guys! Bailey here with some news on things that have happened recently. I will be talking about events that have occurred, promotions and demotions, and new features and add-ons! Continue reading for more information.

On Friday, June 26th, the Redemption occurred. The Redemption is a new event that will happen twice a year; once in Summer and once in Winter. In the Redemption, users get to vote whether they think a staff member should stay or be demoted. here's how it works, if more people are on the stay side, then that staff member stays. If more people are on the demoted side, then that staff member gets demoted. If there are any demotions, then the users get to recommend replacements for those who were demoted. Just like with staff members, the users can vote whether they think that recommended replacement should be promoted or not, and if more people are on one side, then that side wins and gets the vote of either yes or no. After that, then the users can make considerations for people they think should have that rank.

Now on to the people that were promoted or demoted and the aftermath of it. Hashir stayed as an Administrator. Roberto was exempt from the vote due to business reasons. McKinlee and Sled were demoted from Moderator and everyone one else stayed. Next were the replacements, and JesseCP replaced Mckinlee and Sadie replaced Sled. After that were considerations for Moderator, and Sled got promoted to it. Then some users wanted some people to be Administrator and Knight, so there were more votes on that. Bp28 and DSC were promoted to Administrator but were on review, so only Bp28 got promoted. DSC did not get promoted to Administrator, but Damen said he had plans for him. Then were the votes on Knight, and Milkshake9, ZingCPAWM, and sammeh were promoted. A day later, ZingCPAWM was promoted to Moderator, but was demoted two days later because of some things he said and did on a Tinychat party hosted by Dice. That resulted in the banishment of CP armies and CPAC. Because of that, Roberto was demoted to Lord. What do you think about this new affair? Do you think think it's unfair? Interesting? Cool? Foolish? Share your thoughts on it in the comments below.

Yesterday, June 30th, there was a new feature added to the Forum. This new add-on is called the Silver Star. How do I get this 'Silver Star'? Well, to obtain the Silver Star, you need to have been a member of the DSGHQ (Forum) for a year and a half (1 year and 6 months/18 months). Once you receive this cool thing, it goes on your level. For example:

How are you enjoying this new feature? Do you like it? Dislike it? Think it's not really important? Comment your thoughts on it below.

You know what today, July 1st, is? You can probably guess from the several moods made and all the red and white on Old CP. You're right, it's Canada Day! Happy Canada Day everyone! Canada Day is the national day of Canada, celebrating the anniversary of July 1st, 1867; the enactment of the British North America Act, 1867 (today called the Constitution Act, 1867), which united three colonies (New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and the United Province of Canada) into a single country called as we all know today, Canada! Let's all celebrate by wearing red and white clothes on Old CP (as most have already done).

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this post. You can either like it or dislike it. Have a great day!

I think: The star helps determine who should get a ranking, because it shows how long they been with the community!

+1 by Bailey and ian

Banned
2,542 posts
Seen 30th August 2023
1st July 2015, 03:32 PM

Nice post!
Cool how Canada day is
right before independence day!

+1 by Bailey

103 posts
Seen 12th November 2015
1st July 2015, 05:04 PM

Really nice, well written post. Also I think the new Silver Star feature is really cool!

+1 by Bailey
Best Friends
Tori, Kara, Harrison, Allan, Gibran, Anmo, & Salsa

Rookie
37 posts
Seen 30th July 2015
1st July 2015, 05:04 PM

Nice post Bailey, you're really good at making news.

+1 by Bailey

Lady of the Empire
Master
1,003 posts
Seen 3rd November 2019
1st July 2015, 07:42 PM

That silver star will be mine in a matter of 3 months and 16 days >:).

Lady Cheep Glitz of the Royal Imperial Bank
Lady of the Bank - Detective - Forums Moderator - OldCP Moderator - Lady of the Empire

Friends
Hails||Sadie|Chelsey|Tess|Mico|Damen|Dance|Gamer|Con|Jacob|Adam

Wiki:Cheep

Login or join the forums to reply.