24th February 2020

Life Update and Advice

Made by Kara in Wisdom

Administrator
2,338 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
24th February 2020, 11:35 AM

Hello. I know it’s been some time since I last came. I hope you’re all doing well. I just wanted to visit and sort of update you all. I think it’s good to let you all see my life after OldCP. You all mostly have been with me for many years and have seen my OldCP journey so now I think it’s fair to show my real life journey. As well, now that I’ve experienced OldCP and had more experience in real life, I think I can provide accurate advice for anyone in need of it. So comment below if you just need to talk.

Anywho, here’s my update.
So flashback; after OldCP I moved out with a boyfriend and I’ve been working with him and doing college as well. Well now, I still live with him but we moved out of his mom’s & now live in our car/office after some events. I’ve had a lot of drama with my family and it ended up getting to a point where we had to move out of J’s mom’s house because of too much stress on her. Anyways. The drama resolved in me cutting them off. It was the best decision for me. During all of the drama, my mother passed away and I was left to do everything. I have to arrange/pay for her funeral, all the legal stuff to get her belongings, etc. My family hasn’t helped and only been trying to get money.

It’s been crazy since I left tbh. Although it’s very crazy and even very sad, I’ve been stronger than ever. I’ve gained a lot of self esteem and my boyfriend, who is technically my fiancé we just haven’t done the whole surprise ring thing yet, has helped me so much. He really is my once in a lifetime person. I’ve been blessed in many ways. I lost all of my previous friends and family due to prejudice and lack of loyalty, but I’ve also gained my other half.

I lost my mom about 2 weeks ago, so now we are finally settling everything. Business is getting very busy and we are making a lot of good changes for our careers.

J and I have planned to get a RV-styled van that has a bed and A/C for traveling so we can drive around all 50 states. We are saving up for it right now. It is something my we will have in 3-6 months :D. Once we get the van, we will travel for a year and then a year after we are planning on moving to Colorado and starting our family. (Yes, that means having kids.) We are actually planning for 2, a boy and a girl. I’ll be working in my own company and probably still be Co-Owner for my fiancé’s company as well.

I know it seems so fast and crazy. My life honestly has been wild, but very worth it.

I didn’t tell you all this sob story just for sympathy. I want it to motivate you what no matter what happens, it’s your choice to be happy or sad. You can control your emotions and change your mindset for the better. I never thought I could, but I’ve realized we are strong at heart. You just have to find what gives you strength. For me, being a better parent and great mentor to my kids is what keeps me going. I want to be around and be strong enough to raise my kids the best way I can.

Anyways. Like I said, please take this as “Damn, even after all this she’s okay? Maybe I can be too”. Because you can be okay. You can be strong.

If anyone ever wants to talk. Discord is KyroBite#5521

Cya again soon.
- Kara

+1 by Xvoid, Sled, , Zaron and 16 others

Kara
Administrator

graphic designer
3,098 posts
Seen 30th August 2023
24th February 2020, 11:40 AM

i love you so much and im sorry it's been so wild for you but it seems you are staying very strong and you are lucky to have someone there for you. the trip to all 50 states seems like an amazing adventure, I'm really happy for you. i miss you so much kara <3

+1 by Kara, Narcissa, Bailey and Jake01

im not religious
538 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
24th February 2020, 12:56 PM

Aw Kara. This is super inspiring. Even though we hardly knew eachother, I'm still super proud of you :') Enjoy life, live it to the fullest.

Much love, xoxo

Alyse

+1 by Kara and Bailey

Rookie
2,706 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
24th February 2020, 05:52 PM

Im so sorry for your loss but thank you for coming back to tell us how life has gone for you as you grow and I hope life treats you much better in the near future !

+1 by Kara

Master
5,127 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
24th February 2020, 09:31 PM

I will never complain about anything ever again after reading this. This post really opened my eyes to how easily I, as well as others, may take things so easily for granted. I can't imagine losing a loved one; especially my mother at a young age. I'm sorry for what you've had to go through recently, but I'm glad you've found what makes you happy and keeps you going. I've always known you'd be successful in life, so good luck to you, Kara. :)

+1 by Kara, Narcissa and Jake01

DJ
Master
2,814 posts
Seen 24th May 2023
25th February 2020, 02:49 PM

It's refreshing to read something bad that's happened to someone in their life being changed exactly how they wanted it to be. No business angels, none of that financial help. No help from anyone else. Just them. So bloody good on you Kara - you're gonna go places if you keep such rationality and composure with your emotions and with your important decisions! I'd love to keep in touch, you've always been such a great person and asset to the community and it just goes to show how great of a person you really are.

I also can't help but think...

Can you please bring your children on OldCP in the near future so you could /outfit mumu and pick them in the Pet Sho-
NO PLEASE HEAR ME OUT
OK WHAT ABOUT A POOKIE CONTE-
PLEASE ONE MORE ONE MORE!!!!
DRESS THEM UP AS POOKIES IN REAL LI-
SERIOUSLY THESE IDEAS ARE AWESOME COME ON!!!!!!

<3

+1 by Bailey and Kara

Administrator
2,338 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
25th February 2020, 05:30 PM

Thank you all for your kind words! I have missed this game and community a lot, it has more good than bad for me. I hope everyone is doing okay, and I know that a lot, if not most of you will end up having success stories as well.

I will definitely be keeping you all updated again. I know once my children are born I’ll be sharing baby pictures for sure. Also my wedding pictures too lol. Anyways. Thanks again for the support after all these years.

+1 by Luke and Jake01

Kara
Administrator

Login or join the forums to reply.