21st September 2020

goodbye (sort of)

Made by Julianhak in Introductions and Leaving

Banned
882 posts
Seen 10th April 2021
21st September 2020, 09:03 PM

You can probably tell from the title what this post is about. I’m quitting OldCP (just oldcp, i’ll stay on forums and be forums mod). There are a few reasons i’ve decided to go through with this. I’ll address it all here:

Boredom - Over the past few months I’ve been incredibly bored of OldCP, and the community as a whole. I have had no motivation to do anything, my activity has steadily declined, simply because i’ve stopped caring, and I’ve stopped having motivation. I realized how different it felt playing OldCp in 2020 than playing in 2018 or even 2019, although activity overall increased, the quality decreased. It became repetitive, bland, and overly sensitive, with the community getting offended at literally anything that comes out of someone’s mouth.

Double Standards - Although I haven’t been affected by these, I know a lot of people have, and they’ve been bothering me for so long. There are such clear, and blatant double standards on this game coming the administration that it feels intentionally obvious. Trials are biased, war outcomes are biased because of the terms, and who gets what is biased. I don’t think I need to go further than that, and i’m not saying any names.

Toxicity - I’ve seen firsthand how people get over this game, and its just ridiculous. Friendships have been broken over club penguin wars, and it just baffles me that people take it so seriously. It’s CLUB PENGUIN, and you have people swearing at eachother in DMs over it, OVER CLUB PENGUIN. Although it’s not the most toxic community i’ve witnessed, it’s surely one of the most toxic communities i’ve seen over something as small as a CPPS. I will admit that I was guilty of taking OldCP too seriously at one point, but I realized how foolish I was being, and I stopped.

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

All the negative stuff aside, I am very happy that I was part of this community. It helped me grow a lot, and I don’t regret it at all. I’m very thankful for the friends i’ve made here, and that is something very important to me.

Now for the burning question to be answered, who will be the next Lord of Death?

I have a simple answer that is surely going to disappoint each and every one of you (if you didn’t already know, that is).
nobody
I already know what is going through your head as you’re reading this:

“Who is going to revive people?!”

“We need revivals”

“SAVE MY PENGUIN”

There is a reason I made this decision. Like I said before, i’ve seen how people get over this game. I’ve seen literal adults become powerhungry over CLUB PENGUIN. If that isn’t concerning, I don’t know what is. People need to learn how to move on, to understand that this is just a game, and that its not the end of the world if they lose their 90th OP account or their unarmed alt that had a name they liked.

The other reason is that, truthfully, i’ve hated being Lord of Death. It’s been nothing but a burden on me, and it is the reason I am quitting now. You may think it looks fun, that the power to revive is fun, but truthfully, no, it isn’t. Even if an admin were to take the position, their workload over club penguin would just double if they did it the same way I did it (through requests), it’s better left untouched, to make it better for the players, and the admins. I hope the administration respects my decision here.

I know i’ve focused on a lot of negative things, but, there is still a lot of positivity, and has been a lot of positivity in my time on OldCP. I can’t put into words how much this community has helped me, it helped me escape from the real world when I needed to most, it was a source of entertainment, and source of friendship. Although i’d truly like to list every single person I could remember positively affecting me, the list would be too long, and I was too young when I joined to remember it all. The negative things i’ve said are not an attack against admins by any means, but simply my perspective of the state of this game.

I can’t think of anything to say except thank you.

(also, again, I'm still staying on forums, so I'm not gone from the community, just oldcp)

+1 by Zaron, kace, CPBiter, V and 26 others

Saviour of Dunes
Master
524 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
21st September 2020, 09:04 PM

Juliano... :(

+1 by Julianhak, CPBiter, kace, Jesse and 1 other

Valiant
Master
790 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
21st September 2020, 09:06 PM

totally agree with this decision, you were harassed WAAAAY TOO MUCH as Lord of Death. See ya bro.

+1 by Julianhak, Zaron, Jesse, Faith and 2 others

Fable

Valiant

Banned
2,224 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
21st September 2020, 09:07 PM

everything in this post is facts, and u did the right thing with lord of death. cya around man

+1 by Julianhak, kace, Zaron, Jesse and 2 others

806 posts
Seen 5th November 2020
21st September 2020, 09:08 PM

WTHHH

+1 by kace, Zaron, CPBiter and Jesse

Banned
1,172 posts
Seen 10th August 2023
21st September 2020, 09:08 PM

cya bro, will miss, :(

+1 by Zaron, CPBiter, Jesse and Warth

graphic designer
3,098 posts
Seen 30th August 2023
21st September 2020, 09:12 PM

stay happy king julian <3 <3

+1 by Julianhak, Jesse, Faith and Fable

684 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
21st September 2020, 09:14 PM

You did a good job as lord of death and most of people didnt appreciate it (also I agree with everything on this post)

+1 by Julianhak, Jesse and Faith

Master
444 posts
Seen 30th August 2023
21st September 2020, 09:30 PM

Upon reading your reasonings for quitting OldCP, I saw a lot of myself in your reasonings. I had left the community for most, if not all of the reasonings you have provided. Although 2018 and 2019 were not too long ago, they feel like they're a lifetime behind us. So much has changed in just two years that it's scary when you think about it. I couldn't have worded anything you have put into this post any better. I think that you hit all of the nails on the head with this one. I know we don't talk too much, but if you ever need someone to talk to about anything don't hesistate to contact me.

News Reporter
4,301 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
21st September 2020, 09:31 PM

glad you're staying on forums. you're truly a great forums mod.

+1 by Jesse, Julianhak, George and

Lil Khal K
165 posts
Seen 12th February 2021
21st September 2020, 10:32 PM

aye man u stated FACTS just now like mad facts. I know we havent always seen eye to eye and I mistake you for JacobG alot, but you and I have known each other for ages bc of this game. I'm truely gonna miss you even tho we dont talk as much, but hopefully we can keep touch on discord fam cuz ur one hell of a dude lol. My fav moment with u was when we got Most Wise etc and when you and I would just chill in wisemothchambers and rant about how stupid this game can be lmao.. rlly gonna miss u bruv. Aye lets keep in touch tho, yk my disc

+1 by Jesse, Julianhak and izuno
- Lil Khal K AKA Chase101 AKA Chasey AKA Jimmythepig AKA Lil Albino K.

Banned
405 posts
Seen 31st January 2023
21st September 2020, 11:00 PM

AH HAK YOU LEAVING YES? LET'S PLAY ROGUE BRO? also give me lord of death now. jk jk but ye bro sad to see you go, i hope ur active in discord too

+1 by Jesse and Julianhak

50 posts
Seen 27th June 2023
22nd September 2020, 01:27 PM

Bye Julianhak i understand why you're quitting the facts are true we'll miss you cya around

+1 by Julianhak and Jesse

Login or join the forums to reply.