Weapons Strike System

Made by Faith in Suggestions

find comfort in the chaos
Master
796 posts
Seen 6th June 2022
26th November 2020, 03:33 PM

Hello.

Back with another suggestion because lately there's been a lot of people abusing their weapons; I call it the Strike System.

When a user is entrusted with a weapon, whether it's through CZ, a create item, or a rank, you are held to the same standard as everyone else, to not abuse that weapon.

1st infraction: warning, placed AOS/KOS depending on severity of the crime
2nd infraction: last warning, AOS/KOS depending on severity of the crime, disarmed on account with weapon
3rd infraction: disarmed on all accounts for a period of time; until user can be proven to be trusted with a weapon again

NOTE: you could have the opportunity to have infractions removed, if you show good behaviour and it is evident to the moderators and administrators.

Well, that's just one thought I had. Leave any feedback below.

Saber

+1 by Zaron, Tommo, , Zes and 8 others

shutup
Master
586 posts
Seen 24th October 2021
26th November 2020, 04:15 PM

i like

+1 by Faith

graphic designer
3,098 posts
Seen 30th August 2023
26th November 2020, 04:52 PM

I agree. A lot of people abuse their weapons, log on and log off on the account so action can't be taken against them while killing a user while game is mostly empty. This would be a 100% better system to go by.

+1 by Faith

Alatar
1,164 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
26th November 2020, 05:45 PM

Reasons why this is an awful suggestion:

1. You provided no specification on what "ABUSE" pertains to. Allow me to outline something to you; they are called weapons. Weapons are, by definition, tools to cause harm. That is their purpose.
2. This should NOT effect anyone who was not given their weapon by the Empire. This provides the Empire the freedom to disarm someone simply for their own benefit, and call the fact they attacked "abuse." However, people hired by the Empire should definitely be governed by their own leader.
3. Your infraction system is also an ignorant choice; if you work for an Evil lord, you're not going to prove yourself to your enemies. That's just genuine stupidity.
4. Your warning system is basically the same. You did not specify that this pertained to only the south; and therefore, by all means is this a stupid rule, for disarming every account would be overstepping the powers of those who govern evil people (AKA Crimezone) and Create Weapons should basically be your own weapon entirely, and basically only owned by you.

In short; this suggestion is literal gun control for OldCP, and I won't stand for it for even a second. The laws and rules that are unbalanced and unruly already in place make it hard enough; this is just overstepping the line even further.

+1 by Rookie3142 and Joseph

Master
796 posts
Seen 6th June 2022
26th November 2020, 09:31 PM

Alatar wrote on 26th November 2020, 05:45 PM:
Reasons why this is an awful suggestion:
1. You provided no specification on what "ABUSE" pertains to. Allow me to outline something to you; they are called weapons. Weapons are, by definition, tools to cause harm. That is their purpose.
2. This should NOT effect anyone who was not given their weapon by the Empire. This provides the Empire the freedom to disarm someone simply for their own benefit, and call the fact they attacked "abuse." However, people hired by the Empire should definitely be governed by their own leader.
3. Your infraction system is also an ignorant choice; if you work for an Evil lord, you're not going to prove yourself to your enemies. That's just genuine stupidity.
4. Your warning system is basically the same. You did not specify that this pertained to only the south; and therefore, by all means is this a stupid rule, for disarming every account would be overstepping the powers of those who govern evil people (AKA Crimezone) and Create Weapons should basically be your own weapon entirely, and basically only owned by you.
In short; this suggestion is literal gun control for OldCP, and I won't stand for it for even a second. The laws and rules that are unbalanced and unruly already in place make it hard enough; this is just overstepping the line even further.

Ok you didn't have to go all crazy on me.. it was a simple suggestion I had because I know the mods and admins are tired of seeing this happen. Kill people in providence, kill people in dorval, kill people in das.. but the South itself does not tolerate any sort of murder or even pulling of weapons in public spaces. This is the only solution that I can see fit and I didn't spend that much time on the details evidently, but that can be worked out later.

You cannot expect to kill in South/North and get away with it. You can't expect the admins to revoke your multiple AOS/KOS punishments just because you want that to happen.. because, the reality is, you're not always going to get what you want.

Break the rules, face the consequences. It is truly that simple.

+1 by Sled and Zes

graphic designer
3,098 posts
Seen 30th August 2023
26th November 2020, 09:42 PM

Saber574 wrote on 26th November 2020, 09:31 PM:
Ok you didn't have to go all crazy on me.. it was a simple suggestion I had because I know the mods and admins are tired of seeing this happen. Kill people in providence, kill people in dorval, kill people in das.. but the South itself does not tolerate any sort of murder or even pulling of weapons in public spaces. This is the only solution that I can see fit and I didn't spend that much time on the details evidently, but that can be worked out later.
You cannot expect to kill in South/North and get away with it. You can't expect the admins to revoke your multiple AOS/KOS punishments just because you want that to happen.. because, the reality is, you're not always going to get what you want.
It's weird because yes, we want evil to be evil and do their part in crimezone but at the same time, today someone was killed in training who was an innocent user and that's not tolerated because that person had no part in crimezone whatsoever. So I understand what Alatar is saying and I don't want your rules to completely eliminate evil's use of the weapons but at the same time the abuse happens so much, but it's only certain users who do it who I will not name. Like I said, logging on only to kill and logging off again until you find your next victim when its not apart of crimezone is considered abuse and I feel like even if these rules were put into place for that situation alone, it'd be good.

Evil has specifically told me that they don't go around randomly killing, which is good because they aren't supposed to, but it sometimes happens and we gotta admit that further action must be taken than the standard ones we have in place for those situations. That's basically what I'm trying to say here. And this goes for both good and evil. Innocent/random murders is not tolerated.

Also what you said about the South is completely correct. If the empire deems a death illegal then these punishments definitely should take place. It's the empire's decision after all to have you AOS/KOS in the South.

excuse me if i am wrong/incorrect, I am just stating what I know which is so fuzzy lol

+1 by Faith and Zes

Master
796 posts
Seen 6th June 2022
26th November 2020, 10:00 PM

Sleddy wrote on 26th November 2020, 09:42 PM:
Quote:
Saber574 wrote on 26th November 2020, 09:31 PM:
It's weird because yes, we want evil to be evil and do their part in crimezone but at the same time, today someone was killed in training who was an innocent user and that's not tolerated because that person had no part in crimezone whatsoever. So I understand what Alatar is saying and I don't want your rules to completely eliminate evil's use of the weapons but at the same time the abuse happens so much, but it's only certain users who do it who I will not name. Like I said, logging on only to kill and logging off again until you find your next victim when its not apart of crimezone is considered abuse and I feel like even if these rules were put into place for that situation alone, it'd be good.
Evil has specifically told me that they don't go around randomly killing, which is good because they aren't supposed to, but it sometimes happens and we gotta admit that further action must be taken than the standard ones we have in place for those situations. That's basically what I'm trying to say here. And this goes for both good and evil. Innocent/random murders is not tolerated.
excuse me if i am wrong/incorrect, I am just stating what I know which is so fuzzy lol

Yeah, obviously evil/good doesn't matter.

If I were to go and kill you in South, I'd be KOS nothing would change just because I'm not associated with evil.

I do understand what he's trying to say, but the point I was trying to make was that ALL users should be held accountable for their actions.

+1 by Sled

Login or join the forums to reply.