4th December 2020

Should the bank return?

Made by Chis in Suggestions

Coolest LOTB Ever
Master
388 posts
Seen 27th June 2023
4th December 2020, 01:42 PM

Hi i'm just suggesting this to @Damen through a forums post whereas to also gather public attention and opinions.

What was The DSGHQ Bank?
Well the wiki described the old system as, "The system of the DSGHQ Bank/Imperial Bank is just like ordinary banks around the world. Simply create an account on the DSGHQ Forums and deposit gold in the account selected. As the gold coins stay in the bank account the interest rate rises and the gold coins kept in the account will now gain more gold coins over a certain amount of time. This results in the player gaining more coins to use freely on the DSGHQ Forums' add on store or even depositing them into the user's Snaildom accounts and OldCP accounts. Furthermore, to take out deposited gold coins from a DSGHQ Bank account withdraw as much coins as the bank account holds."

It was quite awesome! Bankers were usually around to offer guidance for this but it was self explanatory.

furthermore I think the cross platform bank system may be a pretty cool idea to bring back.. especially considering that those who have a hard time getting gold on forums can transfer their gold from oldcp and vice versa... I can even make a conversion calculator for forums gold to oldcp gold if they're diffrent in terms of value per gold.

Obviously this would taken Damen some work to do again or set up so it'd be entirely up to him but I think it would significantly raise the quality of penguin life :)

One more smaller suggestion
Add a gold transferring system to the forums (across accounts)
I've heard many ask for this beforehand and I think it would be cool whereas it would allow you to send gold to others on forums... the notification could act as a receipt too incase you're making a goodies for gold transaction.

Anyways I just wanna know what y'all think? Would you like to see the cross platform bank account system return? Would you use it?

+1 by , Dice, Damen, Loki and 7 others

Daymen
Administrator
5,165 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
4th December 2020, 01:44 PM

Excellent idea my good Chis, I must bring this back, its on my list

+1 by , Chis, Narcissa, Sled and 2 others

Emperor of OldCP
Master
1,122 posts
Seen 31st August 2023