5th December 2020

How OldCp made me become a nerd

Made by Loki in Feedback

Queen of Vultures
Administrator
1,641 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
5th December 2020, 05:00 PM

OldCp made me become a nerd due to the LOTR crimezone. I wanted to understand it better so I read the Lord of the Rings trilogy. I found it to be really fun and exciting to read. I read the whole first book in about three or four days. It was just so amazing and perfect! I read the second book in about a week or so. The third one took me longer to finish though as I had gotten the book from the library that contained the whole trilogy in just one book so it was way over 1,000 pages of reading and I got kind of demotivated. But it was still really exciting and fun. I also understood the cz better on OldCp.

One of my favorite parts in the whole trilogy is when Frodo got impaled on that Nazgul Sword and how he started to turn into like a lesser nazgul because of it. The movies really messed this part up though. It strayed so far from the book. It made me kind of disappointed. I still haven't watched the full movies because they're so long and I don't have that kind of time to devote to them right now. I might just not watch the movies because the books were amazing enough for me.

I want to read the other LOTR related books too but with covid I won't be able to get my hands on them as easily because I don't really want to go to the library and I also don't want to buy the books.

When someone makes a reference to LOTR on TV, I understand it and I feel like a nerd because no one else in my family knows the references, none of my friends know anything about it either and I don't think I can tempt them into reading the books. :(

And that's how OldCp made me become a nerd.

I have no regrets.

+1 by Zes, SecurityGuy, Julianhak, Narcissa and 4 others, -1 by turquito10

shutup
Master
586 posts
Seen 24th October 2021
5th December 2020, 05:02 PM

i just got extremely addicted to skyrim back in the day then i found oldcp and realized a lot of the ideas were taken from skyrim :')

Valiant
Master
790 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
6th December 2020, 03:42 PM

Loki wrote on 5th December 2020, 05:00 PM:
OldCp made me become a nerd due to the LOTR crimezone. I wanted to understand it better so I read the Lord of the Rings trilogy. I found it to be really fun and exciting to read. I read the whole first book in about three or four days. It was just so amazing and perfect! I read the second book in about a week or so. The third one took me longer to finish though as I had gotten the book from the library that contained the whole trilogy in just one book so it was way over 1,000 pages of reading and I got kind of demotivated. But it was still really exciting and fun. I also understood the cz better on OldCp.
One of my favorite parts in the whole trilogy is when Frodo got impaled on that Nazgul Sword and how he started to turn into like a lesser nazgul because of it. The movies really messed this part up though. It strayed so far from the book. It made me kind of disappointed. I still haven't watched the full movies because they're so long and I don't have that kind of time to devote to them right now. I might just not watch the movies because the books were amazing enough for me.
I want to read the other LOTR related books too but with covid I won't be able to get my hands on them as easily because I don't really want to go to the library and I also don't want to buy the books.
When someone makes a reference to LOTR on TV, I understand it and I feel like a nerd because no one else in my family knows the references, none of my friends know anything about it either and I don't think I can tempt them into reading the books.
And that's how OldCp made me become a nerd.
I have no regrets.
Have Silmil, Lost Tales, and Unfinished Tales. They're not as telling or well-structured as LOTR, would read Hobbit tho

Fable

Valiant

Emperor of OldCP
Master
1,122 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
6th December 2020, 08:50 PM

OldCP made me study the lore during my GMW/Moth days then when I became a drac I watched all the lotr movies lol

I crave for cheesecake
Rookie
30 posts
Seen 5th March 2022
26th December 2020, 01:54 AM

The nerdiness is addicting.
Especially in oldcp, because of the amount of individually enormous lores from different franchises being stirred in the same pot to create the beast of a lore that oldcp has. It has fully functioning history, deities and kingdoms, its just a nerd hive that im proud to be a part of lol :D

Login or join the forums to reply.