Trials should be Private

Made by EpicAnimatorGuy in Feedback

CEO of Lorefiix
Master
2,037 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
21st January 2021, 11:43 AM

Hello,

I'm making this discussion to talk about the way trials should be approached and handled.

This in no way is directed to anyone who is in charge of hosting trials or any of the above.

I believe that to stop any trials from being stretched too long or just being all over the place, is to only allow certain people to come.

These people being listed below:

The judge (Obviously)
Moderators/Admins
2 Imperial knights (Too guard the jury and to arrest and restrain any violent activity
Lawyers (One for the defendant, and for the judge
Victims
Witnesses, only limited to a certain amount. 2-4
Reporters. Legitimate reporters, so like the press or whatever.
Moth wise

The reason I think this is because, When we hosted the trial of newmexico, it was private, and to be fair, it was handled much differently than open trials.

When a trial is private, you don't have people yelling things whilst the person is speaking. The use of PTS is very unlikely.

When the trial is open to anyone to join, all it is people getting in the way, like it was during Tom's trial when people were chanting unnecessary things trying to be funny.

It also gets to the point where the people who have been given PTS, can't even get a point across because the staff are trying to get everyone to be silent, but no one listens and continues.

When a trial is private, the people who are allowed in are the people who are aware of going on, and have clear idea of what's to be said, and know when the appropriate time is to say it.

Yesterday was a disaster, not cause the verdict was terrible, but because of a certain group of people brining up claims that are not even true. I'm not going to bring up who was involved, but it was just annoying, and they were just trying to be funny.

I think from now on, trials must be held Private, to keep a normal environment for everyone to give an honest opinion with no distractions.

If you guys want to add on to this, please let me know below and i will add it in.

- Lord Commander of the South, Eiven

+1 by , kace, Sled, Varai and 5 others, -1 by Miromeski and Jdutr

Quote:
Lol and fart

stop.
Master
941 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
21st January 2021, 11:55 AM

The trial was awful in so many ways. I say Damen re-trials me or something.

+1 by Brit, zenny and Croquetus

CEO of Lorefiix
Master
2,037 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
21st January 2021, 11:56 AM

Tom080 wrote on 21st January 2021, 11:55 AM:
The trial was awful in so many ways. I say Damen re-trials me or something.
Make it private, innit

+1 by Croquetus

Quote:
Lol and fart

oh.
740 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
21st January 2021, 01:11 PM

I see from your point of view and I understand why you want this, but I disagree on the fact that trials should be private and here's why.

Public trials have been in the game for ages. And honestly, they're really entertaining for some. Not a lot happens on the game but when something does that's worthy of a trial, its boosts activity and gives people something to do other than just sit there. You're right, people do act foolish and stuff but that's just because they want attention. Staff have the ability to arrest, sendout, etc. They can just remove those sorts of people from the room.

I also see what you mean by people trying to shape the story of what goes on. To prevent that, I feel that the person doing the trial should gather information of what truly happened. They should review cinema fully, they should get witness accounts, they should get a second opinion. They should trust people who were there, who saw what happened, rather than taking the word of those who weren't. I wasn't present at yesterday's trial but I'll take your word for it that it was bad. But that's just it; nothing's perfect. I see no reason why a group of people or a singular person should ruin it for everyone. Public trials boost activity, people want to know what goes on. They don't want to be kept in the dark.

Here's what I feel should happen:

- Public trials for things such as murder, weapon abuse, bullying, etc.
- Private trials for things such as military abuse, mass murdering, leaking, etc.

But yeah, I see your point. I just don't agree with it is all. Distractions are a part of life. We've just got to learn to deal with them, as infuriating as they may be.

+1 by Tommo, Loki, isaac, Miromeski and 4 others
You'll never silence my voice, no, I won't go.

Izuno - Mal31 - SecurityGuy - Jenna

News Reporter
4,301 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
21st January 2021, 02:18 PM

Public trials work if the audience is silent, meaning Damen mutes everybody or people are arrested if they cause a disturbance or if they speak. Next trial, if public, should have strict restrictions on the audience's allowance to speak.

+1 by Tommo and Croquetus

hot eyebrows
Master
1,101 posts
Seen 1st June 2023
21st January 2021, 10:57 PM

GAY RIGHTS

+1 by Brit, Tommo and Croquetus
Foot

63 posts
Seen 30th August 2023
21st January 2021, 11:03 PM

Hi Harry, I don't understand why you are blaming the 4 people that were in the room, in the very bottom corner of the trial yelling "TOM RIGHTS" "GAY RIGHTS" "FREE TOM". In no way shape or form were they meant to attack anyone, and I don't know why you felt annoyed by those comments.. and we made sure we stayed in the bottom and away from the trial so people could talk. It was only after the trial was DONE, the 4 people started talking and chanting GAY RIGHTS in the middle of the room.. cuz the trial ended, and you can check the cinema. Please do not blame a small group of people when most of you guys were yelling at each other and arguing about Tom, and I think me or saber mentioned you guys didn't even have a wise one, a few of the mods didn't even know what PTS even was, etc. Don't blame a selected group of people that were trying to make Tom's day and make Tom laugh. If you didn't like it, too bad, I don't remember asking if you found it funny or not.

Please hold yourself accountable by the way for abusing your force push during a trial and sending people into different areas of the room. You even decided to push me for no reason.. lol as if that wasn't disturbing the trial?? You're a mod??

The argument with Orbay happened AFTER the trial (check cinema).. I also don't care if trials end up private or not; but please don't blame 4 people who came to visit, and were in a corner for most of the "trial". Whether we were there or not, that trial would have been messy anyway cause half of this community is incompetent

CEO of Lorefiix
Master
2,037 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
22nd January 2021, 04:17 AM

Britt wrote on 21st January 2021, 11:03 PM:
Hi Harry, I don't understand why you are blaming the 4 people that were in the room, in the very bottom corner of the trial yelling "TOM RIGHTS" "GAY RIGHTS" "FREE TOM". In no way shape or form were they meant to attack anyone, and I don't know why you felt annoyed by those comments.. and we made sure we stayed in the bottom and away from the trial so people could talk. It was only after the trial was DONE, the 4 people started talking and chanting GAY RIGHTS in the middle of the room.. cuz the trial ended, and you can check the cinema. Please do not blame a small group of people when most of you guys were yelling at each other and arguing about Tom, and I think me or saber mentioned you guys didn't even have a wise one, a few of the mods didn't even know what PTS even was, etc. Don't blame a selected group of people that were trying to make Tom's day and make Tom laugh. If you didn't like it, too bad, I don't remember asking if you found it funny or not.
Please hold yourself accountable by the way for abusing your force push during a trial and sending people into different areas of the room. You even decided to push me for no reason.. lol as if that wasn't disturbing the trial?? You're a mod??
The argument with Orbay happened AFTER the trial (check cinema).. I also don't care if trials end up private or not; but please don't blame 4 people who came to visit, and were in a corner for most of the "trial". Whether we were there or not, that trial would have been messy anyway cause half of this community is incompetent

Thank you for sharing your side of the story, and giving your opinion Brit,

What I'd ask you nicely about to to call me Harry anymore as that's not my name, from now on please call me Eiven.

I would like to go on and answer your first argument.

Yes I did blame mostly the people at the bottom left because it was mostly you causing the trouble. You guys were not just sitting there. at a few points, one of you decided to run into the middle of the thrones and carried on chanting (From what i remember too, I will look back on cinema to double check, If I am wrong, I do apologise and you have my sorry.)

Another thing is, some of the chants were just unnecessary and not even relevant?. Besides the "Free tom" and "Free rights" I understand. But saying "GAY RIGHTS" without a direct connect to the situation is just unneeded. And if anything, if anyone else did it, like I or a friend of mine. We would've been slammed for either being "offensive" or being homophobic. And I can say that since that has happened to someone before.

Other than that, I respect your argument and glad you went through with it.

I still believe trials should be private.

-Eiven

And on to the abuse of force push. Yes maybe it was a bit "childish" of me to randomly force push all of you. I should of sent you guys out instead if that so pleases. (Too which I had to do as well per my mod duties and per command from other staff)
I didn't actually mean to force push you, I meant to force push either 2 people away because they were causing drama just because for the sake of it. So for that, I apologise for that.

+1 by Akkar, Mercer, Zaron, Sled and 1 other, -1 by Tommo, Horse, Laka, zenny and 1 other

Quote:
Lol and fart

stop.
Master
941 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
22nd January 2021, 04:52 AM

^ or just don't abuse force push at all?

+1 by Horse, zenny, Cristal, Brit and 2 others

CEO of Lorefiix
Master
2,037 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
22nd January 2021, 05:07 AM

Tom080 wrote on 22nd January 2021, 04:52 AM:
^ or just don't abuse force push at all?
I literally apologised

Quote:
Lol and fart

Login or join the forums to reply.