Seen 31st August 2023
1st February 2021, 11:21 AM

Watch the whole video so you don't miss anything

+1 by Sled, kace, SecurityGuy, rouge and 14 others

graphic designer
3,098 posts
Seen 30th August 2023
1st February 2021, 11:28 AM

I think this is a good start. Will it fix the issues completely? No. There's still going to be issues, people are going to bring it on here or whatever like usual. I hope you are prepared to handle those situations when it occurs. I recommend people report stuff to you via CBARS immediately and that it's taken care of quickly. Thank you for trying to address the issue.

+1 by Damen, Jake01 and

Daymen
Administrator
5,165 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
1st February 2021, 11:30 AM

Now hopefully the discord screenshots on reports will cease

+1 by Tommo, Sled, SecurityGuy, Fable and 4 others

Valiant
Master
790 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
1st February 2021, 11:46 AM

I liked discord for coveinience, I don't remember my forums password but google does so I can't use it on my phone and I cba to ask for a pass change. I liked the days of XAT and the JSChat you had. Those were more uniform. Compared to those, discord has a lot more. I really don't think terminating discord servers was the right option. The CO chat had 4-5 years of history. It only got toxic after Saber left. It doesn't seem fair to delete years of history. I was never in the OLDCP chat though, found it way too toxic. I still play the games, but you have to realize I'm in unofficial chats and that's okay. Members of a community have freedom to join other ones. I still enjoy P3D since it's a quality game and you have a lot of passion for it. I hope this issue is resolved and if deleting official chats or deleting discord works, then nice job.

+1 by Sled, Pic, Tommo, and 1 other

Fable

Valiant

graphic designer
3,098 posts
Seen 30th August 2023
1st February 2021, 11:53 AM

fable wrote on 1st February 2021, 11:46 AM:
I liked discord for coveinience, I don't remember my forums password but google does so I can't use it on my phone and I cba to ask for a pass change. I liked the days of XAT and the JSChat you had. Those were more uniform. Compared to those, discord has a lot more. I really don't think terminating discord servers was the right option. The CO chat had 4-5 years of history. It only got toxic after Saber left. It doesn't seem fair to delete years of history. I was never in the OLDCP chat though, found it way too toxic. I still play the games, but you have to realize I'm in unofficial chats and that's okay. Members of a community have freedom to join other ones. I still enjoy P3D since it's a quality game and you have a lot of passion for it. I hope this issue is resolved and if deleting official chats or deleting discord works, then nice job.
The CO chat is actually archived not deleted. Also ask for a pass change dang it!!

princess
Master
819 posts
Seen 28th November 2021
1st February 2021, 12:35 PM

fable wrote on 1st February 2021, 11:46 AM:
The CO chat had 4-5 years of history. It only got toxic after Saber left.

unrelated but that co chat actually isnt 4-5 years old, its just from 2020. the former co chats are owned by me & jack (or hash? or pres? or pencil????)

+1 by Fable and Finnawoke
masquerade
paper faces on parade
masquerade

122 posts
Seen 19th August 2023
1st February 2021, 12:47 PM

Good video and good points. Much of the activity within the community has been due to people forming friendships within a safe and engaging space, however, often it is obviously more convenient for people to chat on an app than via logging into a game on a PC (especially due to P3D taking over as the main outlet and being less convenient to play than a browser game such as OldCP). The problem is that you can't moderate a platform you don't own and nor should you have to.

If DSGHQ discord chats are to cease indefinitely, then I think it would benefit the community to have a chat system within the site. The forums have been dead lately, which is sad to see, but I understand that now-deleted servers were still rather active and often drove a lot of activity to the forum and your games. If you could take the positive energy from people chatting on discord and implement it here, then I think it would improve the engagement and contributions throughout the community whilst allowing better control over what is said and done.

+1 by Damen, , Tommo and HammyMajed

Master
444 posts
Seen 30th August 2023
2nd February 2021, 03:50 AM

I think this is a good idea because not only does it allow the issues present to be more manageable, it'll bring more users onto the DSGHQ sites to communicate with each other on a larger scale. I also think it's going to make the rules be followed more, as things will be more monitored.

Rap Diablo
Master
3,463 posts
Seen 30th September 2022
2nd February 2021, 11:53 AM

Good video, good idea by taking away the official DSGHQ Servers. I believe personally that if people are still going to be in this community and co-exist and play the games, communication and involvement in the community should be on DSGHQ websites strictly because it leaves less room for harassment/ bullying to take place.

+1 by Damen and HammyMajed

Daymen
Administrator
5,165 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
2nd February 2021, 12:00 PM

adawg wrote on 2nd February 2021, 11:53 AM:
Good video, good idea by taking away the official DSGHQ Servers. I believe personally that if people are still going to be in this community and co-exist and play the games, communication and involvement in the community should be on DSGHQ websites strictly because it leaves less room for harassment/ bullying to take place.

Bang on... same line of thinking here.

+1 by Augustine and HammyMajed

Rapper
Rookie
18 posts
Seen 4th February 2021
2nd February 2021, 01:38 PM

Damen wrote on 1st February 2021, 11:21 AM:
Watch the whole video so you don't miss anything
YOU TELL EM' BOI

+1 by Orbit, -1 by EpicAnimatorGuy
Man can never be hot