10th February 2021

an unfortunate divide

Made by Lyss in Feedback

54 posts
Seen 20th October 2021
10th February 2021, 10:58 AM

hi it's lyss

to clarify.. i'm placing this discussion under the category "feedback." this post isn't meant to cause any drama, rather to address some concerns and give my input on events that i've witnessed during the entirety of the past 2 weeks.

it's more apparent than ever that the DSGHQ community has been dissected into a variety of crowds which is obviously inevitable, but i'd like to shift the focus of my post towards the relationship between staff members and non-staff members. as a former moderator (on oldcp at least), i can most definitely vouch for every user who has acquired the rank when i say that it's a pain in the ass, so please don't take anything i say beyond this personally as i will never discredit the hardships of the position. my intentions were to keep this short and simple, therefore i'll get straight to the point;

• the actions you take towards a user on any DSGHQ platform should NOT be affected by the relationship you have with them.
• favoritism should NEVER influence your decisions as a staff member.
• your best friend does not deserve any less of a punishment for doing the same thing another user was harshly penalized for.
• your position does NOT give you the right to silence someone else's voice. (minus intentional drama/trolling)
• forgiveness and kindness are not always guaranteed, don't belittle others for having an opinion.
• if you're going to punish a user, at least let them be aware of their own actions. i have seen several cases lately of "no reason given" and/or no responses at all.*
• LOCKING A DISCUSSION DOES NOT MAKE THE PROBLEM DISAPPEAR.*
• you are not higher than anyone else just because you hold a position of power.*

i'm no longer an active member of this community, but logging on occasionally only to see these issues grow worse is saddening. do better.

(this was NOT aimed at anyone in particular)

+1 by Tommo, Cristal, Sugar, carddiacc and 24 others

stop.
Master
941 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
10th February 2021, 11:00 AM

facts facts facts

still had no apology from the individual who banned me for disliking 2 posts as well :/

+1 by Cristal, Sugar, jay, Brit and 8 others, -1 by Lex

Rookie
6 posts
Seen 11th February 2021
10th February 2021, 11:05 AM

pure facts this post was most def needed

+1 by Brit, Lyss, Stryke, Jesse and 1 other

princess
Master
819 posts
Seen 28th November 2021
10th February 2021, 11:05 AM

literally who is the head mod because ??? but i agree with u 100% bff it feels like every month the connection between users and staff kind of just worsens because i feel like they take an approach that is sort of controlling? and label people as argumentative or causing drama for small things

+1 by jay, indigo, Brit, Cristal and 7 others
masquerade
paper faces on parade
masquerade

Rookie
2,706 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
10th February 2021, 11:11 AM

xSugerbearx wrote on 10th February 2021, 11:05 AM:
literally who is the head mod because ??? but i agree with u 100% bff it feels like every month the connection between users and staff kind of just worsens because i feel like they take an approach that is sort of controlling? and label people as argumentative or causing drama for small things
they should slide my head mod back no kizzy‼️‼️i was the goat i cant lie!

LYSS MY BFF?ur so right bruh literally everytime i logon its something new going on?im glad u spoke up about the issues cause clearly no one cares to fix them. its sad how i basically left early october and these issues still arent solved.

+1 by Brit, Sugar, Tommo, Lyss and 3 others

77 posts
Seen 10th May 2021
10th February 2021, 11:13 AM

it just seems worse every time i log on here and i never thought it’d come to this point. thank u lyss for speaking nothin but facts per usual ?

+1 by Sugar, Brit, Cristal, Tommo and 5 others

Rookie
24 posts
Seen 19th March 2023
10th February 2021, 11:15 AM

I've done some non biased moderator training lately because I have seen this issue.

I think I'll do some restorative justice stuff with everyone as well if you want to take part it can help us resolve matters by restorative justice instead of retributive justice

I'm Damen btw on my phone

+1 by Lyss, Stryke, Jesse, eugee and 5 others

hot eyebrows
Master
1,101 posts
Seen 1st June 2023
10th February 2021, 11:26 AM

yeah!!! also if everyone is contributing to a normal discussion about a problem in the community why is it flagged as dramatic, or disrespectful?

it’s like talking about the problem is considered MORE disrespectful than the actual problem itself, why is that?

users should have the right to express their opinion and get angry without getting censored by staff, after all the game is FOR the users.

oh and dont even get me started on the “you can’t know who banned you or why you were banned, and we wont let you talk about your ban even though we made a mistake. and we wont apologize for it!”

+1 by Brit, Sugar, Lyss, Stryke and 6 others
Foot

princess
Master
819 posts
Seen 28th November 2021
10th February 2021, 11:36 AM

DamenTest2 wrote on 10th February 2021, 11:15 AM:
I've done some non biased moderator training lately because I have seen this issue.
I think I'll do some restorative justice stuff with everyone as well if you want to take part it can help us resolve matters by restorative justice instead of retributive justice

i think that is a good idea bc i feel as though the problem is that the restorative approach is almost never taken towards someone who is seen as toxic in the community bc of bias if that makes sense? for example if i log on and get mad over being warned theres like a 90% chance ill get warned again instead of getting an explanation, like what h appened to rhea

+1 by Cristal, Lyss, Damen, Stryke and 4 others
masquerade
paper faces on parade
masquerade

54 posts
Seen 20th October 2021
10th February 2021, 11:46 AM

retributive justice would be more effective in my opinion considering punishments are rarely equivalent to the wrongdoing. i agree entirely with what sugar said about the restorative approach.. it's an endless cycle.

+1 by jay, Brit, Cristal and Tommo

Daymen
Administrator
5,165 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
10th February 2021, 11:53 AM

Lyss wrote on 10th February 2021, 11:46 AM:
Quote:
retributive justice would be more effective in my opinion considering punishments are rarely equivalent to the wrongdoing. i agree entirely with what sugar said about the restorative approach.. it's an endless cycle.

It depends on the offence, I'm sure you'd agree. Restorative is to be used for most offences. For some offences though, there is no second chance, but this thankfully is rare.

+1 by Akkar, jay, Lyss and SecurityGuy

Former Moderator
Master
433 posts
Seen 30th August 2023
10th February 2021, 12:50 PM

xSugerbearx wrote on 10th February 2021, 11:05 AM:
Forums staff doesn’t have a head mod.

-1 by Tommo
4207bPerlaZenTomEbonLyssAbuNateIanCateJosephPablo

oh.
740 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
10th February 2021, 01:04 PM

I honestly agree with you so much on this. The amount of rudeness I've seen from other staff is definitely not okay. I've had to tell them at times that they should be nice and that everyone's opinions matter. Hell, I'll name some of what I've seen without naming anyone:

- refusing to comment when someone has an issue because of fear of verbal harassment
- namecalling behind people's backs
- literal arguing because of a punishment revision

It's honestly disgusting. It's lowkey embarrassing. I've only been a mod for 6 days but what I've seen behind the scenes in that time is disconcerting to me. Talking to a person is always- and I mean ALWAYS- necessary. If a person has questions, you listen and you answer them. You don't ignore them, you don't admit to ignoring them purposefully, no, that's not what you do. And you should always accept criticism. Criticism may hurt, yeah, but it helps you. Not everyone is going to like what you do. And it's better to fix it than to let it get worse.

+1 by Brit, Chis, Sugar, Lyss and 2 others
You'll never silence my voice, no, I won't go.

Izuno - Mal31 - SecurityGuy - Jenna

hi
647 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
10th February 2021, 01:20 PM

I completely agree!

+1 by Brit, Sugar and Lyss

find comfort in the chaos
Master
796 posts
Seen 6th June 2022
10th February 2021, 02:11 PM

yesss i 100 percent agree. if anyone disagrees with this, they're the problem.

+1 by Brit, Chis, Sugar, Lyss and 3 others

Login or join the forums to reply.