2nd May 2021

REASONS WHY SG SHOULD BE ADMIN ON OLDCPV16

Made by Sled in Suggestions

graphic designer
3,098 posts
Seen 30th August 2023
2nd May 2021, 12:14 PM

Dear Damen,

I am here to convince you to promote SecurityGuard's SecurityGuy's main account on OldCPv16 to admin. As we know he is an admin on an alt account which isn't listed on staff list and he also has database. OldCPv16's existence comes after shutting down everything he has worked very hard on. He has shown time and time again that he can be trusted so much that he even has database access. He is one of the main people even now, working hard to make OldCPv16 active behind the scenes.

So I ask, why can't he just be an admin on his main account? He clearly deserves it and can be trusted with it. Is having another administrator on the staff list really going to hurt? It is a new era for OldCP after all. I think everyone can agree he clearly deserves to have the rank on his main, for everything he has done since the merge. His efforts show greatly.

SG is willing to help anyone, and having admin on his main account would make his life easier because he would not have to switch back and forth on his alt account.

Thank you

+1 by jay, , randy, Loki and 14 others, -1 by eugee and kace

Rookie
2,706 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
2nd May 2021, 12:16 PM

Or make him Warden so the game can have atleast 2 users on at once again lol

+1 by Sled, Faith, , SecurityGuy and 5 others

Master
1,119 posts
Seen 27th August 2023
2nd May 2021, 12:21 PM

or just bring back iOldcp

+1 by Sled, Laka, jay, SecurityGuy and 6 others
Me,myself,and I.

Thanks drakee

graphic designer
3,098 posts
Seen 30th August 2023
2nd May 2021, 12:23 PM

frogboykindle wrote on 2nd May 2021, 12:21 PM:
or just bring back iOldcp
I was never for the merge in the first place because what I thought would happen, happened. We'll see if OldCPv16 picks up for summer...just here appreciating SG trying his best

+1 by , jay, SecurityGuy, Loki and 2 others

Donec mors nos separaveri
1,013 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
2nd May 2021, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Working hard to make OldCPv16 active behind the scenes.

This sentence right here is your answer.

SG is the behind the scenes guy, who handles the database and file server. He's not meant to have admin on his main because that would insuniate he's an in-game admin, being tasked with handling user requests and such. He isn't. That's my and Rouge's job.

It's the same case with Gamer, who has db, but never really held admin on his main account.

I'm not discrediting SG's work btw. Being an admin on his main simply isn't in his job description.

+1 by , Warth, Lorenzo, Zaron and 1 other, -1 by Faith, Brit, jay and Miromeski

graphic designer
3,098 posts
Seen 30th August 2023
2nd May 2021, 12:45 PM

Orbay wrote on 2nd May 2021, 12:41 PM:
Quote:
Quote:
SG is the behind the scenes guy, who handles the database and file server. He's not meant to have admin on his main because that would insuniate he's an in-game admin, being tasked with handling user requests and such. He isn't. That's my and Rouge's job.
It's the same case with Gamer, who has db, but never really held admin on his main account.
I'm not discrediting SG's work, but being an admin on his main simply isn't his line of work.

and you and rouge are doing a great job. But he can definitely help out as well and we know summer will get a bit more active. Gamer never wanted admin on his main account, by choice, because he didn't want to be bothered by people. SG and everything he does for the game, should be admin ingame if he wants it.

+1 by SecurityGuy, Loki, jay, Pic and 3 others

Banned
405 posts
Seen 31st January 2023
2nd May 2021, 12:46 PM

Haloween1000 wrote on 2nd May 2021, 12:45 PM:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I'm not discrediting SG's work, but being an admin on his main simply isn't his line of work.
As much as I would love to see orlock admin, I have to agree with this comment. Just like what I'm doing, he cannot become an admin, same with me. we are just admins behind the scenes. (aka background admins) The real admins are: Damen, Rouge, and Orbay. Other than that, he and I can't be admins on our main accounts.
agree brotheris.

+1 by kace

Queen of Vultures
Administrator
1,641 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
2nd May 2021, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Quote:
I'm not discrediting SG's work btw. Being an admin on his main simply isn't in his job description.

Orlock can do everything for people through db anyway. Just as well have him be admin on his main so its easier because people are going to go to him for requests whether hes admin on his main or not. Hes proven that he is a capable and worthy admin. He shouldn't be limited to just db when he can obviously make good decisions on his own.

+1 by , SecurityGuy, jay, Pic and 1 other

Rookie
2,706 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
2nd May 2021, 12:55 PM

Loki wrote on 2nd May 2021, 12:49 PM:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Orlock can do everything for people through db anyway. Just as well have him be admin on his main so its easier because people are going to go to him for requests whether hes admin on his main or not. Hes proven that he is a capable and worthy admin. He shouldn't be limited to just db when he can obviously make good decisions on his own.

He's the second most active user atm and he's fulfilled a few requests of my own but has had to go through DB to do it. It'd be sm easier if he can just be an Administrator because he can clearly handle both jobs.

+1 by SecurityGuy, Sled, Loki, Pic and 2 others, -1 by Mercer

graphic designer
3,098 posts
Seen 30th August 2023
2nd May 2021, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Haloween1000 wrote on 2nd May 2021, 12:45 PM:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
As much as I would love to see orlock admin, I have to agree with this comment. Just like what I'm doing, he cannot become an admin, same with me. we are just admins behind the scenes. (aka background admins) The real admins are: Damen, Rouge, and Orbay. Other than that, he and I can't be admins on our main accounts.

He has to login to his agent account to type admin only commands. That's a pain in the butt to do on a download. SG even stated having admin on his main would make life easier.

+1 by Loki, SecurityGuy, Pic and jay

Emperor of OldCP
Master
1,122 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
2nd May 2021, 12:57 PM

I agree with this post tbh I think I should have admin on my main since it takes longer to switch to db or an osti when I could just do most requests on my main and save time but it’s all up to Damen in the end.

+1 by Sled, Pic, Loki, jay and 5 others, -1 by Carlosito7777 and kace

livin life
Master
237 posts
Seen 21st August 2023
2nd May 2021, 01:04 PM

I literally agree sled!! He should've had it on his main from the start. He does more than some people anyways.. (IM NOT BEING MEAN I SWEAR)

+1 by SecurityGuy, Sled, Loki, jay and 2 others, -1 by kace

Daymen
Administrator
5,165 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
2nd May 2021, 02:19 PM

I approve, he can be admin on his main if its more convenient for him.

+1 by Faith, , SecurityGuy, Loki and 5 others

graphic designer
3,098 posts
Seen 30th August 2023
2nd May 2021, 08:22 PM

Damen wrote on 2nd May 2021, 02:19 PM:
I approve, he can be admin on his main if its more convenient for him.
awesome!! I'm sure it'll definitely be more convenient! Thanks for considering it!

+1 by jay and SecurityGuy

Login or join the forums to reply.