9th May 2021

Humour Split?

Made by Damen in Feedback

Daymen
Administrator
5,165 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
9th May 2021, 05:39 PM

I have been talking with people about the current state of things and I have found this...

There are two sides to the DSGHQ. The side of strict rules on what can and can't be said/joked about

and the other side that want none of that... so... they'll push humour and speech to its very edges

The result? A war of words, opinions, attitudes resulting in hate and strife between both sides

and through this, some have overstepped the values of the DSGHQ to make their point heard. Unfortunately, this has only lead to them being banned and made to look like 'the bad guy', feeding an endless cycle of perceived 'bias' by the staff, including even myself (who has only just become modestly aware of the situation)

The solution..?
It may be a fairytale idea... but let us remove politics from the DSGHQ! We can't have biases based on politics here. We are a game community afterall. Lets not impose real life politics into our virtual lives on here.

Let us joke freely, let us speak freely, let us do what we want freely... so long as we remember to treat others the way we want to be treated, forgiving freely and promoting peace.

TLDR... lets stop with the imposing of morals on others AND stop the stuff that is intentionally designed to trigger others

Im afraid I can't do much more than hope we can all get behind this message...

If you have concerns about staff or the DSGHQ community, you MUST email me at [email protected]. Please, I beg you, don't take things into your own hands right away. Give me a good chance and time to get back to you and investigate. If you don't, you may just end up getting too mad and breaking rules and then getting banned which doesn't solve your problem.

+1 by EpicAnimatorGuy, Varai, Mercer, SecurityGuy and 13 others

Daymen
Administrator
5,165 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
9th May 2021, 05:43 PM

P.s. Im talking about on platform (DSGHQ). Outside of DSGHQ is obviously your own choice. I do advise you to be mature though and not say things that you wouldn't say to someone's face.

+1 by Mercer, Gamer, , Jesse and 3 others

Queen of Vultures
Administrator
1,641 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
9th May 2021, 06:49 PM

I mean, not saying racist or sexist jokes falls under treating people the way we would like to be treated. It makes for a toxic environment if we allow people to make those kinds of jokes because it alienates whole groups of people.

+1 by Brit, , Pic, Dice and 7 others

graphic designer
3,098 posts
Seen 30th August 2023
10th May 2021, 10:49 AM

Loki wrote on 9th May 2021, 06:49 PM:
I mean, not saying racist or sexist jokes falls under treating people the way we would like to be treated. It makes for a toxic environment if we allow people to make those kinds of jokes because it alienates whole groups of people.
This. Allowing people to say these things goes against the community rules/values. If staff removes something it's because it breaks the rules, not because of bias. Those who were punished continually broke those rules/values. If you say something bad about a certain race, gender, etc., it is considered disrespectful, and you are not treating people the way you want to be treated.

To quote the values:
Quote:
Respect
We respect eachother, regardless their age, gender, race, beliefs and views.
And we treat one another the way we wish to be treated.

+1 by Jake01, Dice, , Loki and 2 others

Valiant
Master
790 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
10th May 2021, 03:27 PM

It's not all politics. It's how people think. Some people take jokes and other things more seriously than others. It's a divide of critical thinking, and how people take thinks seriously online. The Internet is the most satirical and dark place on earth and I don't see how you could take any of it without a grain of salt.

+1 by Brit and Luminite

Fable

Valiant

Banned
2,542 posts
Seen 30th August 2023
10th May 2021, 07:52 PM

if people cant take a joke thats on them

+1 by Jdutr, Luminite and Fable

it was only hypothetical
Master
6,414 posts
Seen 25th August 2023
10th May 2021, 10:56 PM

I don't think it is possible to remove politics from here as simple as that, because it simply ignores the fact that currently many political struggles happen through the web. Saying "lets stop with the imposing of morals on others" is a moral affirmative itself, because it presuposses that people have the moral right to follow morality they want to. It seems to me, Damen, that your position here is an attempt to contain the conflict by pleasing the two sides of it, rather than solving the situation.
The proper answer to this situation is not simple, but I am sure that it involves a close attention to the community rules and values which all of us stand for, rather than the aspirations of particular groups.

+1 by SecurityGuy, Sled, jay, Dice and 4 others
Gone

Sweet memories

Still Mink
1,163 posts
Seen 15th August 2023
12th May 2021, 08:38 PM

Well if I can’t impose my political, moral and philosophical beliefs on here THEN WHAT ELSE AM I SUPPOSED TO DO???

Login or join the forums to reply.