7th September 2021

New War System

Made by Damen in Announcements

Daymen
Administrator
5,165 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
7th September 2021, 06:02 AM

Hey guys, I made a new war system for DSGHQ. Its built on top of the old one but it builds everything into it:

- Invasions
- Sieges
- Mutually Arranged Conflicts (the original type of war with two signatures)

Here is a video to explain how they work:

Here is a text explanation too. Invasion and Siege are two types of war that don't require signatures. Invasion is very quick, you can war and win quickly, but it is VERY high risk. Losing results in great loss. Read the wiki Wiki:War to see the current terms for all types of war.

Siege is very balanced. It takes time to win, but no signature is needed so you can begin fighting right away. However, there are several stages before a full victory can be declared. Losing doesn't bring any added penalty.

Mutually arranged conflict (MAC) is what we've been doing for a while now. You have complete control over the contract terms unlike the other two. You can decide any rules and outcomes you want. But you need to gain the signature of your rival. Force signing is also gone now, so if they refuse to sign, you will need to try the other two methods instead.

War system: https://dsghq.com/wars

Leave questions below!

+1 by Scott, Dice, SecurityGuy, Miromeski and 6 others

Banned
2,542 posts
Seen 30th August 2023
7th September 2021, 11:45 AM

I like Seige a lot but I still think the punishments for invasion are too strict, I think maybe absorbing half of the military or even a month long suspension would be better. Other than that I like these.

Daymen
Administrator
5,165 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
7th September 2021, 12:32 PM

weend2014 wrote on 7th September 2021, 11:45 AM:
I like Seige a lot but I still think the punishments for invasion are too strict, I think maybe absorbing half of the military or even a month long suspension would be better. Other than that I like these.

If you allocate a certain amount of soldiers to be reserves that do not get used in war, but are only for fall back if defeated, then those reserve soldier accs will not be lost on defeat. You must not use the reserve accs during a war though.

+1 by Loki

Login or join the forums to reply.