5th October 2021

how do you cope with your workload?

Made by Jake01 in The Lounge

DJ
Master
2,814 posts
Seen 24th May 2023
5th October 2021, 03:53 PM

im stressed out atm cos i have lots of deadlines to meet, tests to revise for and a future at a university to think about. not to mention any homework or notetaking to add to the burden.

so how do you guys cope in testing times like these? it's caused me to go into a rut where i just shut down and stop doing basic things like my routine before bed or working out - or even just doing the actual schoolwork at all lol

so yeah
help

+1 by Flame, Scott and Loki

CEO of Lorefiix
Master
2,037 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
5th October 2021, 04:15 PM

Jake01 wrote on 5th October 2021, 03:53 PM:
im stressed out atm cos i have lots of deadlines to meet, tests to revise for and a future at a university to think about. not to mention any homework or notetaking to add to the burden.
so how do you guys cope in testing times like these? it's caused me to go into a rut where i just shut down and stop doing basic things like my routine before bed or working out - or even just doing the actual schoolwork at all lol
so yeah
help

Best way to cope with it, is to not always dwell on the stressing parts, be thankful that you're allowing your freetime to be taken up by a lot of homework and notes etc. It takes a lot of determination to be able to consider that. And especially since its stressful, you're still focusing on education, which is good.
And Im in college as well, we get a bit of homework, and I can't be bothered to do it, cause i havent got the determination or whatever to be able to do it.

Understand that the hard work can pay off, if you really are willing to give it your all.

+1 by Jake01, Varai and visa

Quote:
Lol and fart

Valiant
Master
790 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
5th October 2021, 04:32 PM

Tbh man the best way to deal with a workload is to take things a step at a time. Don't do multiple things if you're going to feel stressed by doing those multiple things.
Everyday I either have school or work or both. The best way to balance it is to do as I said. It's not always the same for everyone so find something that works for you.

+1 by Jake01

Fable

Valiant

Ya Daddy.
Banned
1,046 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
5th October 2021, 04:35 PM

Cope and Seathe, beta male

"Abso • lutely not a Pe • do"!

xoxo
Master
2,484 posts
Seen 30th July 2023
5th October 2021, 04:35 PM

I cope by crying

+1 by Jake01 and Loki

Off the deep end
Master
515 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
5th October 2021, 05:20 PM

Ignore it altogether and hope it goes away

+1 by Jake01 and Loki
On strike

Queen of Vultures
Administrator
1,641 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
5th October 2021, 05:25 PM

Make a physical list of everything that you’re going to accomplish each day so you can cross tasks off as you get them done (I’ve found crossing tasks off to be motivating) and be sure to set aside time to do other things than just study and homework. It’s all about time management.

+1 by Jake01

Daymen
Administrator
5,165 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
6th October 2021, 02:57 PM

Write it down in a list. When updating P3D, if I dont write he stuff I need done down, I ALWAYS forget things. And then I have to cram it in and DONT RUSH or you end up having to do MORE WORK longterm. Like when I rush p3d udpates, I ALWAYS have to do another one to fix the stupid mistakes.

+1 by Jake01

Veteran
Master
5,478 posts
Seen 29th August 2023
6th October 2021, 03:45 PM

My best word of advice is to simply say wellness first. In life, we tend to constantly slave ourselves away, and at the end of the day, we burn out. This can be mentally and physically, life is an exhausting process. Also, learn to say no. I know many of us to tend to want to say yes, and we want to help as much as we can, but learning to say no really has saved me.

Manage your time, even though you have deadlines, learn to manage time. Make time for wellness as stated previously, and understand that regardless of how slow or fast you accomplish something, at the end of the day you'll reach your desired goal. Don't become a slave in a world where you have to work to live, make time for yourself & always take the time to fit in things you love to do, otherwise what purpose is living a life centered around constantly reaching the goals of 1.) school or 2.) your work. Live life!

+1 by Jake01 and Loki
Hi, I'm Scott.
[DSGHQ Veteran || Senior Captain || Master]

Questions, comments, concerns? Don't hesitate to message me.

DJ
Master
2,814 posts
Seen 24th May 2023
6th October 2021, 05:02 PM

sarabareille wrote on 6th October 2021, 03:45 PM:
My best word of advice is to simply say wellness first. In life, we tend to constantly slave ourselves away, and at the end of the day, we burn out. This can be mentally and physically, life is an exhausting process. Also, learn to say no. I know many of us to tend to want to say yes, and we want to help as much as we can, but learning to say no really has saved me.
Manage your time, even though you have deadlines, learn to manage time. Make time for wellness as stated previously, and understand that regardless of how slow or fast you accomplish something, at the end of the day you'll reach your desired goal. Don't become a slave in a world where you have to work to live, make time for yourself & always take the time to fit in things you love to do, otherwise what purpose is living a life centered around constantly reaching the goals of 1.) school or 2.) your work. Live life!

i'd love to have pulled the burnout card but these deadlines are non-negotiable :(

+1 by Scott

Veteran
Master
5,478 posts
Seen 29th August 2023
6th October 2021, 05:31 PM

Jake01 wrote on 6th October 2021, 05:02 PM:
Quote:
sarabareille wrote on 6th October 2021, 03:45 PM:
i'd love to have pulled the burnout card but these deadlines are non-negotiable
There’s no avoiding deadlines, I completely understand. But please never forget that ur wellness is far more important. Focus on the task, but once completed, give yourself a much need wellness break. Nothing in life is nearly as important as your mental and physical health, don’t let anyone or anything indoctrinate you into believing otherwise.

You’re smart, and dedicated. You’ll get through this, I know you will! Good luck. ?

+1 by Jake01
Hi, I'm Scott.
[DSGHQ Veteran || Senior Captain || Master]

Questions, comments, concerns? Don't hesitate to message me.

Master
5,463 posts
Seen 11th January 2023
7th October 2021, 10:04 AM

drop out and start committing fraud and tax evasion like me prison is better than working a 9-5

+1 by Jake01

Login or join the forums to reply.