20th December 2021

Best Mods for Minecraft

Made by Fable in Minecraft

Valiant
Master
790 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
20th December 2021, 11:49 PM

Hello, I think this category needs more appreciation, so I have decided to compile a list and review of some great mods for Minecraft.
What are mods?
Mods are fan-made modifications to a game that add or fix aspects to the base game. Some popular modded games are Garry's Mod, Skyrim, Fallout 3, and Minecraft. Minecraft mods are accessed by downloading modified versions of the game, known as mod clients. There are two main clients, Forge and Fabric.

Ever hated how Minecraft's recipe book is too clunky, or you're in a version that includes no recipe book?

That's where JEI comes in, JEI (Just Enough Items) and is the most downloaded mod in history. The mod gives the ability to look for any recipe in the game, and give items in creative mode. It is an essential mod if you're going to begin your experience. JEI is available on the Forge client on mostly every version and in dozens of languages. REI on Fabric is basically a port of this mod.
Let's say you lost your way home, and didn't bring a map. If only there were something that could fix that.

JourneyMap is another great mod for making waypoints and finding your way to places across the world. It's for nearly every version and is a forge client exclusive. A fabric alternative is Xaero's minimap, which allows the same experience and is my recommended pick. If you want a natural look, try antique atlas, available for both clients.
If you want more variety for food in Minecraft, Pam's Harvestcraft is definitely the way to go.

The mod adds foliage that can drop random vegetables, almost every type of food, and adds variety to eating. Though it is only for Forge, Croptopia is a good Fabric counterpart.
The next mod adds new quality of life changes, Quark is most certainly a must with mods.

Quark adds different changes. New blocks, cave systems, items, and changes, while all feeling vanilla. Charm for Fabric is another great mod and both are excellent in feeling vanilla.

Biomes O' Plenty adds a hundred biomes, is updated nearly every day, and adds an incredible mix of biomes that increase replay value.
Lastly, I will mention one of the best dimension mods to date. I remember playing it nearly a decade ago, The Twilight Forest.

The Twilight Forest adds a dimension, new mobs, bosses, weapons, and dungeons that totally warps the way Minecraft is played. The wonderful progression system and unique fantasy enemies create the best experience for any player new to mods.

That's all for now, please reply if you want assistance in setting up a mod client or adding and downloading mods to your game.
- F

+1 by , Foxel and kace

Fable

Valiant

hi
647 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
20th December 2021, 11:58 PM

Citrus Trees is my favorite mod, all it does is add fruit and a new type of wood

Valiant
Master
790 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
21st December 2021, 01:23 AM

Miro wrote on 20th December 2021, 11:58 PM:
Citrus Trees is my favorite mod, all it does is add fruit and a new type of wood
Interesting, I'll have to check it out.

Fable

Valiant

Off the deep end
Master
515 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
21st December 2021, 06:30 PM

Mekanism makes it very interesting

On strike

Banned
2,542 posts
Seen 30th August 2023
22nd December 2021, 02:08 PM

guard villagers is really good adds villagers armed with armor and weapons who defend the npcs, another one is villager names, just gives the guys random names, another good one is areas with random village names, makes entering and leaving a village feel cool

Valiant
Master
790 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
22nd December 2021, 04:22 PM

weend2014 wrote on 22nd December 2021, 02:08 PM:
guard villagers is really good adds villagers armed with armor and weapons who defend the npcs, another one is villager names, just gives the guys random names, another good one is areas with random village names, makes entering and leaving a village feel cool
Add bountiful for a bounty board and configurable rewards!

Fable

Valiant

Login or join the forums to reply.