25th January 2022

Edge of Night: Episode 4

Made by Loki in Shows

Queen of Vultures
Administrator
1,641 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
25th January 2022, 12:35 PM

Ayancito is sitting on a rooftop, waiting for Dice to make his appearance. He had been following Dice around, learning his routine since Damen ordered him to assassinate the man. Finally Dice comes out of the Coffee Shop.

Ayancito: Ah yes, 7:48 and 37 seconds, thats the same time as yesterday...

Ayancito makes note of the time. Keeping to the rooftops, he continues to follow Dice, making note of everything he does and the exact time he does it at. Ayancito finds out that Dice's schedule stays pretty consistent every day. First, Dice wakes up in the morning at 6:37. Then he goes to the Coffee Shop for breakfast. Then he leaves the Coffee Shop and heads to the orphanage to drop off any untouched extras that he had left from his breakfast. Then he goes to the Penguin Times Office. In the afternoon he flies the Dice Talk Helicopter around, hoping to catch some great video of any crimes going down. After work, Dice flies his plane around for half an hour and then heads home. Ayancito, is determined to pull off a flawless assassination.

Today was different though, upon arriving at the Penguin Times Office, Dice discovers the place has been overturned. A great fight must have taken place there. He gets worried when Zen doesn't show up for work. He turns on the news. On the news, they're showing footage from the jailbreak last night, but its reported that all the prisoners are present and accounted for. Dice ponders over this for a little bit. Then he heads down to the jail, this would make for an interesting news article after all.

In the jail, Zen and Elyse are finding themselves stuck in quite a pickle. No one will believe that they don't belong there. Either that or the guards just don't want to admit that two of their actual prisoners are missing.

Elyse: Please, you have to believe me! I don't belong in here! I've done nothing wrong!
Danito: Sorry, but the prison roster shows that there are supposed to be two female prisoners in this cell and well... You're a girl and you're in this cell.
Elyse: I want to take this to a higher authority!
Danito: Fine with me. I'll go get him.
Elyse: THANK YOU!
Danito leaves to get the warden. Elyse sits on her cot.
Zen: Elyse, I asked the last guard to do that and they didn't come back.
Elyse: What are we going to do Zen?
Zen: I intend to make the most of the situation. After we get out, I will write an expository story on the poor management of this jail. Just think of it like we're undercover!
Elyse: I don't want to be stuck spending a month of my life in this dreary place.
Zen: Don't think of it like that!
Elyse: How am I supposed to think about it?
Zen: Think of it as an opportunity! After we've exposed this place, we will be famous! We will be on news programs everywhere! Then after that, we write books on it. We will become rich beyond our wildest dreams!
Elyse: Hm... That doesn't sound like too bad of a plan to me over all.
Danito comes back, he has the jail warden with him. Elyse and Zen are surprised to see the warden, who happens to be Foxel.
Foxel: You have a problem here?
Elyse: No, no, I lied!
Foxel (grumbling): Typical criminal.

Little and Zes are arriving back at the Star Palace. After seeing the beauty of the place, Zes is a little less salty about his situation.

Little: Well Zes, what do you think?
Zes: Its-its beautiful...
Little: I know, its wonderful!
Zes: Beautifully boring!
Little: ZES! Shut up! Come meet my parents. If you offend them, I'm not going to stop them from throwing you into space.
Zes: Fine.

Little and Zes enter the star palace. Zes is secretly impressed with the palace but doesn't want Little to know. He thinks of how he could swindle someone into letting him own this place. They enter the living room, where Manwe is watching a TV program on birds. He looks sad.

Little: Hi dad.
Manwe looks away from the TV and sees Zes.
Manwe: Who is that? You didn't go elope with that vagabond did you?
Little: No dad! This is my friend Zes, hes exiled to here to be our butler!
Manwe: Oh... We don't need a butler though.
Little: Give him a chance! You might like it!
Manwe: Hm... Well if I don't like having a butler-
Little: Yes, yes, I'll take him back to Arda.
Varda enters the room.
Varda: Manwe, are you watching bird programs again?
Manwe turns red, embarrassed.
Varda (sadly): You know those make you depressed.
Little: Oh wait! That reminds me, I picked up an early fathers day gift for you dad!
Little goes back to the space ship and brings a box in. It is beautifully wrapped but the box has air holes in it.
Manwe: Daughter, you didn't have to.
Manwe opens the present. Tears come to his eyes. He reaches in and finds a young sun conure.
Manwe: Little...
Manwe gets off the couch and hugs his daughter.

Loki, Pic, and Tasha finally arrive to the secret island. It is a nice tropical island with the basic amenities such as a small yet decent house with a few different rooms and running water. There even happens to be a hot spring on the island. Perhaps, it is best described as a hidden paradise.

Tasha: Mom...
Loki: Yes?
Tasha: Is dad really setting up an arraigned marriage for me?
Loki: Well-
Pic: Your dad is forcing you to get married!? GIRL I'd just fly away if I were you!
Tasha: I know, Pic! I don't wanna get married to some rando!
Pic: Loki, why are you with that man!?
Loki: Because-
Tasha: I mean, hes better than my real dad. This one hasn't tried to throw me out a window.
Loki: Listen-
Pic: YET! He hasn't tried it YET!
Tasha: If he does, I can just turn into a vulture and fly away this time.
Pic: Oh so true. I'd peck him once before flying off for good measure if he tries that one.
Loki: Guys-
Tasha: Oh that's a good idea!
Loki screeches at the two in vulture. Pic and Tasha fall silent.
Loki: Thank you. Tasha, I don't know what exactly Amir is thinking but you have to admit, it looks bad for a match maker if his own daughter can't find herself a man.
Tasha: Well maybe I have found a man!
Loki: Have you really?
Tasha: Yes! I have!
Pic: What?
Loki: Who is it?
Tasha: I'll tell you later! When dad gets here!

Tasha turns and walks away from Pic and Loki. She's worried about how shes going to pull this one off and wonders whether or not the person she has in mind will play along with her lie.

+1 by Varai, SecurityGuy, Pic, Foxel and 6 others, -1 by Miromeski

Son of Sun
Master
101 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
25th January 2022, 02:07 PM

Elyse y Zen se sorprenden al ver al alcaide, que resulta ser Foxel.

+1 by DaN and Loki

Foxel

Son of Sun

oh.
740 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
25th January 2022, 02:49 PM

accurate

+1 by Loki and Narcissa
You'll never silence my voice, no, I won't go.

Izuno - Mal31 - SecurityGuy - Jenna

baker
97 posts
Seen 21st August 2023
25th January 2022, 02:56 PM

nice

+1 by Loki
ee4t5432

Login or join the forums to reply.