7th February 2022

Moderator Accountability

Made by Jdutr in Suggestions

122 posts
Seen 19th August 2023
7th February 2022, 04:28 PM

I’ve had MULTIPLE discussions and moods taken down for seemingly no reason in the past 6-12 months. I’ve never received a warning or a ban during that time.

This begs two questions
A ) what are they being deleted for
B ) who is deleting them

It should be clear when a moderating action is taken against a post/person that these two factors are made clear to the person who is being impacted.

It is very off putting to use this platform currently with the fact that many people feel like their content is going to be deleted for personal reasons, opposed to what they are posting being against the rules. Even in cases where content breaks the rules, surely it’s beneficial to point out that rules have been broken so that users can learn not to repeat such behaviour.

This was common practice of OLDCP of all platforms, so it’s not like there’s no precedent for this to be enforced.

+1 by kace, Flame, zenny, turquito10 and 10 others

The Daily Zone
9 posts
Seen 25th May 2023
7th February 2022, 04:31 PM

Tbh it'd be cool if you got a notification saying "Your post X has been removed. Reason: Y"
it would tie up loose ends, but I assume your post was removed recently for showing Damen shirtless, even tho it's not technically nudity.

+1 by Jdutr, kace, Flame, Flynn and 2 others

Off the deep end
Master
515 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
7th February 2022, 04:36 PM

That post was a beautiful post and shouldn't of been removed.

+1 by Pic, Jdutr, Faith, Flynn and 1 other
On strike

oh.
740 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
7th February 2022, 04:40 PM

i agree that you should've been told why your post was deleted. i'm pretty sure it was because damen was shirtless and i think it was deleted due to the assumption of it being against the rules but i'm not fully sure. it was deleted before everyone could give their input on the matter, though. i honestly saw no issue with it.

+1 by , Jdutr, Flynn, Flame and 1 other
You'll never silence my voice, no, I won't go.

Izuno - Mal31 - SecurityGuy - Jenna

good guy doll
79 posts
Seen 7th April 2023
7th February 2022, 04:53 PM

that last post was ....?

+1 by Pic, Jdutr, Flame and Alatar

hi
647 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
7th February 2022, 05:36 PM

Moods too

+1 by turquito10, Jdutr, Flynn, kace and 1 other

Queen of Vultures
Administrator
1,641 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
7th February 2022, 06:58 PM

I wasn’t certain if it was appropriate so I asked someone if they thought it should be taken down and they said yes. So I took it down. Then today Damen mailed me asking why I took it down and I explained that I wasn’t certain if it was appropriate or not considering the amount of new very young users in the community. And so he told me to leave it down.

Hope this clears things up. Posts do not get taken down for personal reasons. I didn’t look at the post and thing Oh, Jdutr made this post, I’m going to take it down because he doesn’t like me. And a number of your previous moods were removed because they were disrespectful towards community members. We don’t always hand out warnings for everything because taking the mood down is like a warning in itself. But we can start being harsher on that if it helps you.

+1 by Varai, bashysmelly, isaac, Scott and 1 other, -1 by Jdutr and rami

122 posts
Seen 19th August 2023
7th February 2022, 07:04 PM

Loki wrote on 7th February 2022, 06:58 PM:
I wasn’t certain if it was appropriate so I asked someone if they thought it should be taken down and they said yes. So I took it down. Then today Damen mailed me asking why I took it down and I explained that I wasn’t certain if it was appropriate or not considering the amount of new very young users in the community. And so he told me to leave it down.
Hope this clears things up. Posts do not get taken down for personal reasons. I didn’t look at the post and thing Oh, Jdutr made this post, I’m going to take it down because he doesn’t like me. And a number of your previous moods were removed because they were disrespectful towards community members. We don’t always hand out warnings for everything because taking the mood down is like a warning in itself. But we can start being harsher on that if it helps you.

You literally liked my post then took it down anyway. Without letting me know a reason why.

If admins are liking posts and taking them down at the same time then surely there’s something more at play than the content of the post.

Not sure how a semi topless man is breaking the rules.

+1 by Faith, Flynn and kace

Queen of Vultures
Administrator
1,641 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
7th February 2022, 07:08 PM

Jdutr wrote on 7th February 2022, 07:04 PM:
Quote:
You literally liked my post then took it down anyway. Without letting me know a reason why.
If admins are liking posts and taking them down at the same time then surely there’s something more at play than the content of the post.
Literally told you I asked someone if they thought it was inappropriate and they said yes. And as I said there are a NUMBER of very young users now in the community, I wasn’t certain at first if it should have been taken down but then Damen said to leave it down after I explained my actions to him. I slightly misunderstood him and thought he wanted the post left up so that's why it was taken down twice.

It’s not anything more complex than that. There’s no forums staff plot to censor you.

+1 by Chis

122 posts
Seen 19th August 2023
7th February 2022, 07:16 PM

Loki wrote on 7th February 2022, 07:08 PM:
Quote:
Jdutr wrote on 7th February 2022, 07:04 PM:
Quote:
Literally told you I asked someone if they thought it was inappropriate and they said yes. And as I said there are a NUMBER of very young users now in the community, I wasn’t certain at first if it should have been taken down but then Damen said to leave it down after I explained my actions to him.
It’s not anything more complex than that. There’s no forums staff plot to censor you.

How am I supposed to know if there is a plot to censor me or not if nothing is explained? That’s the point of this post

The same admin that took my post down liked the post but found a random person to tell them to remove it anyway. Surely you can see this is contradictory. the post was then put back up then taken back down by the same admin within an hour.

Complete mess and amateur at best

+1 by Flynn, Miromeski and kace, -1 by Loki

CEO of Lorefiix
Master
2,037 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
8th February 2022, 04:10 AM

Sorry if the whole situation has annoyed you Jdutr, we will try and make sure that the staff will at least give you a reason before hand on why one of your posts were taken down.

+1 by Flynn, Jdutr, kace and

Quote:
Lol and fart

good guy doll
79 posts
Seen 7th April 2023
8th February 2022, 05:46 PM

i want food

+1 by Loki and Chis, -1 by Alatar

DJ
Master
2,814 posts
Seen 24th May 2023
9th February 2022, 04:10 PM

my mood about damen eating socks full of baked beans got deleted

what for

+1 by Jdutr and Alatar

Veteran
Master
5,478 posts
Seen 29th August 2023
10th February 2022, 12:56 PM

Alright, your concerns have been taken into account. I believe the original purpose of this discussion is currently being smeared by personal opinions, and therefore, I will be locking this discussion to prevent drama.

If you have any further issues, especially regarding staff, I would take all of your concerns to Damen himself, he would be the best resort to go to with anything regarding the DSGHQ staff.

Another fantastic resource available to all users would be to address any and all issues/inquires using our “Help” tab. You can address any issues/concerns here… https://forums.damenspike.com/tickets. Thanks!

+1 by Sled, -1 by Jdutr, Alatar and Miromeski
Hi, I'm Scott.
[DSGHQ Veteran || Senior Captain || Master]

Questions, comments, concerns? Don't hesitate to message me.

Login or join the forums to reply.