10th May 2022

Things I can do before sleep to reduce stress?

Made by Jake01 in The Lounge

DJ
Master
2,814 posts
Seen 24th May 2023
10th May 2022, 05:18 PM

I have important exams coming up in literallly 2 weeks, my a levels

any solid advice would be appreciated in regards to what can be done before i sleep to reduce exam stress

because my thinking is even if i had a healthy sleep sched of 7-8hrs, at least 2 if not 3 would be spent up worrying about the next day over an exam paper

so what could be done to minimise, or even negate, this issue?

+1 by Scott, Brit and Crowflying

Valiant
Master
790 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
11th May 2022, 03:05 AM

Jake01 wrote on 10th May 2022, 05:18 PM:
I have important exams coming up in literallly 2 weeks, my a levels
any solid advice would be appreciated in regards to what can be done before i sleep to reduce exam stress
because my thinking is even if i had a healthy sleep sched of 7-8hrs, at least 2 if not 3 would be spent up worrying about the next day over an exam paper
so what could be done to minimise, or even negate, this issue?
final exams and 2 essays due friday
if u know what you're studying for and have a general idea of what you're doing you really can't get lower than a C, even then if you did well overall on your grades it will only make your grades go down by maybe 3 or 4 points. The best way to reduce stress is to know why you're stressed, once you know why you can figure out how to solve it. Eating healthy, good exercise, and having a goal for each day is one of the few ways I attempt to decrease my stress. Currently I don't feel really stressed because personally I find I gained a greater understanding of what I was learning, and therefore I am not too worried about my overall score.
I hope you do well on your studies and decrease stress.

+1 by Brit and Jake01

Fable

Valiant

Veteran
Master
5,478 posts
Seen 29th August 2023
11th May 2022, 07:35 PM

Honestly, my best recommendation is "shut down" prior to sleep. Go off of your electronics, relax, and maybe drink some sleep-time tea... Remind yourself that you've done everything possible to ace this exam, you've studied, prepared, and will ace it, and be confident. I'm sure you'll do great! Sleep is vital for all of us, but it can be troublesome when we're constantly in a worried state of mind. That's why I believe just shutting everything off works best for me, I also tend to take Melatonin & Magnesium, it helps me sleep as well.

+1 by Brit and Jake01
Hi, I'm Scott.
[DSGHQ Veteran || Senior Captain || Master]

Questions, comments, concerns? Don't hesitate to message me.

Login or join the forums to reply.